Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Atta boy Davey!!!!

2. ..,Engine Joes cousin man, if you were racing with the south, you could be "Yesterdays Cousin".

3. Joel, that's no "arctic blast" cooling things down in the North, thats the chill in ya'lls spine cause the "Southern Win-d" is headed your way and fix'n to put you boys on ice!

4. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

I cant figure out how to PM , can you hit me up with one.

5. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Ric, i think that shiver is coming from the west. I believe the North won the Civil war, and the same shall hold true with this war!

6. Touche' mon fre'! What is your planned arrival time to the battle grounds? You get your clutch parts back yet?

7. Will the Prefect make the MD?

8. Wow Dave I was scared reading this, I thought it was gonna say can't race at the Meltdown. Whew!!!!!!!!!!

9. Saxxon

Saxxon

Both the Scout and the Prefect will be at Meltdown 5
    The Scout - Will be running
    The Prefect - Maybe - but it will be there and it will make noise

I will apologize ahead of time that neither car is fully sorted out. Our weather up here has been as crappy and unpredictable as everywhere else in the north. We even has tornados touch down last week. This all just a weak way of saying we haven't had track time to get our shit together.

Maybe some kind folks who know anything about fuel injection can swing by and help us with a baseline on the Prefect...

10. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

I will lend a hand , i will bring my kit with me , should be able to get you close. Look forward to hangin out, wings on Thursday night, be ready!!

11. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

We hope to arrive Thursday early afternoon, as far as the clutch, it should arrive Tuesday, which means i will be putting it in on wednesday and leaving early Thursday morning. (fingers crossed it goes that well)

beebee78 and II FUNNY like this.
  12. No apologies needed old chum!!!!!!!!

13. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Good luck, I missed Meltdown 3 because I broke at t&t the week before. I Since decided not to go right before. If I'm going to tear up something it's going to be at the meltdown .

Best of luck also to you and all the guys for safe travel, especially the ones who are coming a long ways . Bill

14. 55chieftain

55chieftain

What time are cars heading out for the cruise to the burger place ? Are you guys meeting up near the racers gate?

15. No apologies needed old chum!!!!!!!!
    Ya and since I drive mine on the street all the time,I was gonna see if I can hitch a ride with someone and create room for another car besides mine,ya know let the non street cars have fun...Who can I hitch a ride with?

16. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Looks like I'm going solo this year , redline. If you don't have a ride you can take one in my old poncho. This is just one of the few times a year I get mine out so any chance I have to drive it I can . Kids backed out it was too hot last year and my dad has to stay home for family stuff . Bill

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  17. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Remembering back..... 2010! Supposedly my work schedule got changed, so that means I may actually get to the Meltdown this year!!!! Sure hope so!

FlynBrian likes this.
  18. Kool! Tanks Man! Should be good weather this year!

19. Put a fork in it, we're done 512 registered cars..........................

20. 62Furious

62Furious

I am a lone wolf this year If any one would like a ride to the burger joint I am rolling with an empty chair, as for saltflats I have you on radar this old dog is looking to line up against you. As for the rest of you have a safe adventure out to the MD.

21. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Sweet I have a race.

22. Saxxon

Saxxon

That's nuts... and great !!
    Kudos to the MDA and the event itself.

We have 2 wounded race cars to sort out between now and Wednesday... cuz... Wednesday at 4pm we are leaving to get there. Should put us into Rockford at 9am (ish). The hotel we've been staying at for the last few years lets us check in at that time so we'll get a shower and a couple of hours of sleep. After 16 hours with 4 guys in the same truck the shower becomes the real important part... and then we'll be lined up at the gate for the 1pm opening... See y'all there. (That's me trying to sound 'merican)

Everyone travel safe !

23. Wow Paul, that's great! How many last year?
    Fellow
    In
    A
    Time warp

24. 9sectruck

9sectruck

Heading out on Wednesday, London to Dublin then on to Chicago.
    Have a free day on Thursday if anyone on here needs a hand setting up I'd be glad to help but not sure if I can get entry to the track.
    Would love a ride to the burger joint if theres room for me otherwise it's the rental car.
    Look forward to meeting you all.
    BTW. Rick spent this past weekend with a fellow Californian Dale Snoke with the Comet, he shipped his car over and was competing with us in Gasser Circus at the Dragstalgia meeting at Santa Pod, Rat Trap & Pure Hell were there too :)

Ray

25. DEANs427

DEANs427

tried to send PM, don't know if it got to you...
    dmdb1969@gmail.com

26. Oh wow!, very cool. We gotta get Byron behind us, then figure out how to get to New Zealand! :)

27. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Yeppy fuckin skippy I got a test drive in the tow rig.
    FYI I hate working on modern vehicles.

28. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

What's that about New Zealand now??? :eek:

29. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

Goatman and myself should be up there. thinking on bringing 66 F-85 to cruise around i

30. Hey Skippy! Dont ya love it when a plan comes together??? I sure hope all is well and you now have the green light for(trouble free) Meltdown Motoring!!!! You deserve it!!!!