Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest What Would Arin Do? Rod & Custom Icon Seeks Roadster Project Ideas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Arin Cee, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Well, I got this craaaazy idea the other day to create a new Arin Cee Roadster. But, since my Pop, Pete Millar, has gone to that big dragstrip in the sky, he can't help me decide what my new roadster should be.

So, says I, maybe my fellow H.A.M.B. members can give me some ideas what a nearly 60-year old cartoon hot rodder should drive these days.

Well...can ya'?

Thanks in advance,

Arin Cee

2. '27 T is your a stubby little fart or a model 40 if your fat and tall.

Now if you are a 60 year old money bags a '39 or so merc vert ( I guess technically it isn't a roadster unless you loose the side glass) would be cool. Powered by a bad to the bone 394 and loaded with lots of rolls n pleats.

3. Arin, Does your Mother or sister have some old photos that your pop favored????
    But I would bet,Pete would build a flathead dragster...
    PS Pete stayed at my house when he visited Green Valley back in the olden days...
    I met your mother and Robyn at Bakersfield one year..

4. Model T Touring body so you can haul all your friends around with you. Either Model A or 32 style frame, flathead V8 power, hide a T-5 trans underneath, and a Banjo rear of course.

Texas Webb likes this.
  5. ^^^^^^^^^
    I like this plan.

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd have to agree 38Chevy454's suggestion is a great one if you want to build an open early car with your dad's vibes to it.

7. verde742

verde742

Did your Pop ever speak of a fellow named DON JOLLEY?

8. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

who you callin' stubby little fart...I prefer vertically challenged :p

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. I vote for the T-Tub.-MIKE:D:cool:

10. I'm partial to T's, but, as others have pointed out they don't offer much in the way of room.

I ended up having to adapt a 35 steering shaft (by way of a 34 worm & box), modified seat riser, and thin seat back to squeeze myself down into the 26-7 roadster I'm working on. At 6'3", 170lbs, I barely fit. If I were any taller or heavier the car would be virtually undriveable unless I set on it - rather than in it.

Keep in mind that the front section of a touring is about an inch and a half shorter in depth than a roadster, so if you're taller than about 6' it's going to be a challenge.

11. Phil1934

Phil1934

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I liked the last a roadster build in R&C, the Notso Special, where he set the rear of the body 9" back, inside the bed so proportions looked right but he gained legroom. (Stock truck is about 5" shorter and 10" wider than a T bucket.) Otherwise wheelbase gets long. I would raise the bed so it is even with the body to hide that area and widen bed if you need the room. Here is Pinkee's at 126 inch wheelbase and while it has many features to be copied, it is getting long, even if you move front axle behind grille. The length is disguised by the stretched doors. However trucks should look utilitarian. They should have a stock '29 grille and no hood, 16" steelies with caps and a dual carb flathead. You'd probably have to do 4 bar rear mount instead of wishbones or hairpins to keep them short enough to stay out of the seat area so I'd stretch cab as much as possible and still fit a 4 bar kit bar to the rearend. Cut the bed off at the rear of the tire. If you decide you want a '27 T roadster, replace the plain cowl with a '28 cowl, narrow it about 6" and recontour slightly to fit bottom of '27 w/s frame and skirt the bottom of the '27 body 6" to match the cowl and drop the floor as 23" is too short to sit in the car and 54" is too short to recline any. The '28 cowl would break up the skirt so it is not obvious. '27s look good with a 8-10" windshield but the driver's head is usually totally above it. A '27 should have a hood and track nose. Mumford's 2013 AMBR is a good example.[​IMG] . http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/paint-body/1211rc-notso-special-body-assembly/

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  12. GW
    I am 5'10" ( maybe 11") these days and I barley fit in the ravens '27 with the bomber seats, and most of my height is from the waist up. I cannot imagine how you squirrel yourself into one.

That said I would build one if I had one.

By the way just for the record and not to hurt Ace's feelings I am more of a Stroker McGurk fan myself.

gwhite likes this.
  13. 28, 29 Hudson roadster, 454 with 8 pack of carbs. Big engine to fill up big engine bay.
    I have a 28 cowl, and its a little larger than a Ford, and has great lines.
    Something a little different from the norm?

Spoggie likes this.
  14. dos zetas

dos zetas

Noooo way on the overheads, NAAFH member Cee would build a T tub with a rad flathead for the 2000s...reverse rotation like the Tuckers' but twin turbos and all EFI, 7 speed Getrag box, Halibrand QC.