Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Paint shop pro experts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tyresmoke, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Tyresmoke

Tyresmoke
    from Norfork

Apparently their is only 56 in the states so roof chops are not on the agenda .
    Thanks for the options anyway!!

2. rarity would make me want to cut it more

Tyresmoke likes this.
  3. Tyresmoke

Tyresmoke
    from Norfork

No the Wife said No.

4. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

I do like that cherry black version that Moose did, but I'm wondering how it would look in a similar color with blue undertones instead. My mother was Irish too, but I still think it would look good in a very dark green. I can't get too excited about 2 tone fenders. If I was going to 2 tone that car, it would be with similar and complementary colors rather than contrasting, and I would make the split between the roof/trunk and the front 3/4's of the car. Maybe in a dark silver/charcoal split.

5. Tyresmoke

Tyresmoke
    from Norfork

Interesting comments can you do it moose??
    The wheels are in order

6. RodStRace

RodStRace

You can google (or Bing) image search 1939 Dodge and go up or down a year or two to see different colors on similar shapes.
    I really don't care for different shade wings, and the 2 tone at the beltline cuts a coupe up too much and looks too "80s" for my taste.
    I did find a 38 Ford in a dark Purple (I like Purple!)
    [​IMG]

7. black cherryblue.jpg

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  8. Tyresmoke

Tyresmoke
    from Norfork

As this thread has progressed the idea of different colour fenders
    Has been proven not to work.
    The idea was for practicality if a fender was damaged it would be easier to have just one part painted.
    But now I have dropped the idea.
    Moose has helped in the process of choosing a colour tremendously .
    The only down side with the black cherry is the very dark undertones on the areas of the car that are in the shade .
    To solve that is something I am at a loss to do.
    Anyone with spraying experience .
    Do you have any solutions?.
    Great job moose .

9. pitman

pitman

Overheard at breakfast; "Well dear I'll be out chopping the coupe...see you in about two years!"

Moose is the PS man!
    I've only two methods for the undertone business...lighter overall hue/tone choice, or a most tricky technique,
    termed a Foose-Fade. And no guarantees that it works on yours.

10. Tyresmoke

Tyresmoke
    from Norfork

11. pitman

pitman

The rocker area, or base is sprayed a slightly darker tint of the color, the lighter actual color is applied overall as you fade in the darker tint in a second(?) step. Used on OverHaulin.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  12. Tyresmoke

Tyresmoke
    from Norfork

Sorry moose can you please try this colour it may be slightly better but will not know until its PS.

Attached Files:

13. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

In light of recent events, I think it would look good in orange with a big blue X on top of it with stars in the X.....Just my 2 cents.

14. What paint looks like in images can be very deceptive. Weather conditions, time of day, digital tweaking, printing processes...they all have an effect on what the colour looks like. So don't chose a colour based on an image.

Go traditional, get some samples mixed in the ball park of what you think you'd like and spray them out on test panels. Take them out in the sun, take them into the shade, look at them from different angles and at different times of day. Then you might start to get somewhere.

No paint is magic, and it's look will change according to conditions. Time to bite the bullet and do some real world testing.

15. bright red.jpg

16. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

Has anyone considered copper or gold? I also feel along with the wheel and tire change it would look nice with skirts and also stainless trim of a sort along the belt line.

17. Tyresmoke

Tyresmoke
    from Norfork

Some great ideas going up thanks to everyone who has taken the time to put ideas forward.

The Wheels rims and tyre's are now fitted
    What do you all think.

Attached Files:

whtbaron likes this.
  18. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

19. Looks great to me!!!!!

20. Tyresmoke

Tyresmoke
    from Norfork

21. Tyresmoke

Tyresmoke
    from Norfork

Moose I would like you to do a render that you would like .
    Anything goes!!

22. It's a classic looking car with great lines so you don't need to do much.It looks good the way it is but because you said it's almost time for a repaint and might want to change the color I think the style calls for something subtle. Here's one in a kind of rose color with just a bit of lowering that I would love to see parked in my garage.:)

rose.jpg

whtbaron likes this.