Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Lincoln Zephyr V12 conversion question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olracer66, Oct 13, 2016.

1. olracer66

olracer66

Guys,

Does anyone have a schematic of the points plate layout, or a "emailable" copy of the whole procedure for converting the LZ V12 distributor to V8?
    Thanks
    Olracer66

2. Andy

Andy

You can buy mine alread converted plus it has the caps and wires. $250. Prewar survivor.

3. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Andy , with coil as well.....................????????????????????

4. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

I have all three magazines showing the plate etc........

5. Andy

Andy

It has a home made remote coil conversion. It is made from plexiglas. I suspect SoCal racing/aviation history.

6. olracer66

olracer66

Thanks Andy, but this is a special project. I built one in 1956 (age 16) for my 32 deuce coupe, following a Hot Rod mag instructions. When I left for college I sold the coupe in Illinois. 55 years later I stopped by a garage sale in Colorado, and for 2 bucks, bought a Zephyr V12 distributor. When I got home I opened it up, only to discover it was the very same one I had built in1956! However, someone had "cleaned" off the points plate. I want to restore it, for my own nostalgic value.

7. alchemy

alchemy

That's pretty cool that you found the same distributor from so long ago. How do you know it was your's? Did you put your initials inside?

I have a copy of the magazine article on the conversion somewhere. I'll see if I can find it this weekend.

8. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Bubba is referring to what is probably the article you followed...it was first in Car Craft in 3 issues from 1953, written up by Dean Moon with a full size diagram of plate drillings. It was reprinted in the HRM yearbook a couple years later, but the diagram was reduced in size and so not directly usable. Bruce