Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Weekley's Auto Parts Inc, Grand Forks, ND

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bird man, Feb 12, 2022.

1. Bird man

Bird man
    from Milwaukee

Anyone ever been here? A HAMB search showed nutin' and it sounds like quite a place. Sounds like massive quantities of old tin. The aerial view is like omg.
    Almost Canada, 'eh?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2022
  2. evintho

evintho

Just Google Earthed it......it looks huge!
    7600 Gateway Dr, Grand Forks, ND 58203

3. 5window

5window

Does look huge but no Google presence. Not on Facebook, no contact information. Somebody must know. NorthDakota is not the best place to sore a car outside.

4. I remember going through a yard in that area about 30 years ago. But, I thought it was in East Grand Forks. (MN). It was so big, they let us drive our roadster in to the part of the yard , where the older stuff was. Remember looking at the AD trucks and saying that a person could cherry pick enough pieces to build a pickup with out having to do any body work.

5. Dak Rat

Dak Rat
    from NoDak

It's located right on Hwy 2 on the west side of Grand Forks. I have been by it many times, been there at least 40 years that I know of. Never seemed to have enough time to stop and look around!

stillrunners likes this.
  6. Google street view shows two yards at that location. Weekley and Swangler. Signs for each business are clearly visible from the street and include phone numbers and business hours.

7. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I’m trying to remember if this was the yard we stopped at 15 or so years ago while heading out west. Where we stopped had plenty of 30’s to 60’s cars but they only sold complete cars,
    no parts. Sorry no pic’s.

pprather likes this.
  8. mopar362000

mopar362000

Scott Weekly was always kind of hard to deal with.Been to the yard many times . Jerry Swangler is willing to sell his parts and cars.The yard in MN was Sandy's body shop.He was Scott's uncle.Scot has lots of old tin just didn't seem to want to sell Have known about those yards since 1973.Jimmie king

stillrunners and 5window like this.
  9. 5window

5window

Looks like Swangle M-F 8:30-5:300 and Sat 8:30-2:00 772-9295 and Weekley 738-8007 maybe not sure about area codes. If they have good stuff and been around forever, why isn't it sold?

stillrunners likes this.
  10. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For what it is worth.....a few years ago we were on vacation about an hour west of Sioux Falls SD and a guy at at antique/junk store told me about a big old car salvage yard about a mile south of their location on the interstate. We went down there, talked to "someone", got the OK to tour, I found some items I wanted. Well....they couldn't give me a price but leave a phone number and they'd get back to me. Never did. I emailed later to the email address requesting price quotes. Crickets. Maybe they just like having a collection...and can afford to NOT sell:(

11. You're wrong there. ND field stuff is usually pretty decent.

12. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

I have been to Weekley's many times over the past 20 years, although I have not been out in the yard in the past few years since I moved to SWMO.

As stated, Scott can be tough to deal with. but he is generally fair. Be respectful, and he will treat you the same.

The yard is in low, alkaline ground, so when it is not frozen, it is wet and corrosive. The bottoms of most everything that has been there for a few years is rotted out, and during the spring thaw and flood season, you are not getting out there. The best time to go is late October / early November when it is dry and cold, but the snow hasn't hit yet.

A few years back, someone drove back there, let their car idle, and the hot exhaust caught the grass on fire, and took out a whole bunch of the old tin. Since then, no-one is allowed to drive back into the yard. Bring your hiking boots, it covers a few hundred acres of quality Red River Valley gumbo.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
    Packrat, stillrunners and 5window like this.