Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods STALLED PROJECTS?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Apr 4, 2022.

1. For whatever the reason, do you have a stalled project or multiple stalled projects? hot rod or custom car or truck? HRP

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
  2. Belle53

Belle53

3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Let me go count!

The37Kid, rod1, chevy57dude and 6 others like this.
  4. Hope springs eternal, everything I own is a project.

chevy57dude, Ned Ludd and dana barlow like this.
  5. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

not stalled, just put on back burner till the truck project is done!

chevy57dude and dana barlow like this.
  6. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nope-no room or time. Buy one build it, finish it, drive it. Find another-sell finished one when next one is near done. Repeat.

7. NoelC

NoelC

I have a friend who would say, "A vulture is a very patient bird". For the last couple of years it's been my motto.
    But stalled better describes it.

IMG_5951.JPG

-Brent-, chevy57dude, raven and 5 others like this.
  8. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Yes, I am stalled out.
    I ran out of $$. 65% finished
    Donations gladly accepted.
    Also, looking for sponsors.
    This is an iconic custom convertible with modifications that challenges the beauty of the Hirohata Merc.

9. gconnsr

gconnsr
    from AZ

Stalled, loss of interest, however you want to sum it up. I come to places like this to regain focus.

10. 2935ford

2935ford

Nope and won't have anymore! :(

-Brent-, chevy57dude and rockable like this.
  11. I know the feeling! HRP

12. Not stalled, just focusing on other things.

I put the A Tudor on the shelf when I started the Lakester. The Lakester got rolled into the corner when the Salt started getting bad. No sense spending money on a racecar that has nowhere to run!
    Then I fell into my 51 GMC pickup, the end goal as a daily driver. Still working away slowly on it. Threw a house addition/remodel in the middle along with a divorce and then got remarried! So, been busy. On top of all of that my son is now 15 and an elite level baseball player.

13. My Stude, not really a stalled project, just never ending.:confused::cool:

IMG_20220115_144232927_HDR.jpg

Moondog13, rod1, chevy57dude and 2 others like this.
  14. squirrel

squirrel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

15. A 2 B

A 2 B
    from SW Ontario

Not stalled, just moving slower the older I get. Mostly because every aspect of my projects are done completely by me in my own shop. To paraphrase my projects are still enjoyable and used for "taking away the moments that make for a dull day". Can't think of a better way to fill my time, other than driving when completed.

16. A few. 57 step van, OT truck, 49 GMC, 56, wagon and some other odds and ends.
    The step van is on hold due to the OT truck build. The 49 and 56 is just laziness on my tepart. The shop is a mess covered in my sons 51 cj project and stacks of parts
    I have the major pieces for the 49 and 56.
    Plan on tackling the 49 gmc chassis soon.
    Too many distractions and irons in the fire.
    Sold my 67, so that project is gone. But it was my daily. The OT should replace that until the 56 is road worthy.

17. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes Danny, I do have a couple. I had a couple health things happen last year. I retired last year and then stuff happens. I want to drag out the dual quad 394 and test fire it to piss off the neighbors :D

18. Adriatic Machine

Adriatic Machine

Yes I have several stalled projects but now I’m hot on my 59 Ranchero and machinery stuff too. My 68 F350 has never been OFF the road since I got it 26 years ago for fear of it becoming dead weight. My 39 Zephyr and the house is on the back burner for now and there’s other goodies that I won’t get into. Hot rodding has really dwindled in my area but I’m hanging on.

I’ve struggled with depression most of my life especially after multiple deployments to the sand pits. I refuse to quit. Special thanks to this page for reminding me that I just might make it.

19. bchctybob

bchctybob

I've only got two that are truly stalled, my '62 Tempest and my vintage flatbottom ski boat. I have a lot of the parts for the Tempest, and it's an easy build compared to some, but for some reason other projects always seem to keep it off the burners completely. Yet, I can't seem to let go of it. I've listed for sale it several times but I never push it. If it sells, it sells, if it doesn't, it doesn't. Same for the boat.
    All of the other projects are moving forward although the forward motion is often imperceptible.

20. bchctybob

bchctybob

^^^^ Fire up that Olds!! I've got a nasty 400" Pontiac that I need to do the same thing with.

21. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

22. This one has stalled out for far too long. Life got in the way and “smaller, quicker” projects jumped in front of it.
    7B2E1B71-261D-4A90-A848-62379951C2CC.jpeg

23. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Not stalled, just parked and forgotten. Needs a new home. IMG_0552.JPG

24. I've been there brother, with the exception of a divorce. HRP

25. Yes...not specifically my projects, but both of my boys projects are somewhat stalled as life happens and got in the way. Diverted attention to two easier/quicker projects that now take up the time we could have been spending on the first two. Not sure if that was a win or not yet... I keep driving mine even with several issues because I don't want it to also be a stalled project. :(

rod1, chevy57dude, Okie Pete and 3 others like this.
  26. topher5150

topher5150

slow....really slow, but not stalled.
    limited funds, and limited work space, in Michigan, really dictates how and when I can work on this car.

27. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

My projects stalled nine years ago when my one year old grandson came to live with us, he just became my priority, then in 15 I convinced the wife to be my ex and I filed for disability witch I received the first check seven weeks after sending the paperwork in. So even though I’m home it’s still was hard with the boy to get in the shop. My health issues make it hard to be on my feet but the boy is eleven years old now is very active without me so I have the time again. Ive recently decided that my legs and back arn’t worth a dam but I’m going to start pulling myself up with my arms if I need to and get back to work. I want the boy to feel horse power, the rumble and experience a drop dead fast car with me. He loves motorcycles has from day one so there might be a two wheeled project in the future…

Stock Racer, williebill, winr and 8 others like this.
  28. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I'm at the point,that I"ve had to admitted too my self,that extra pile of parts that I have added too for 10 years or more<That all hook together* in my mind,*as "The Huba Huba Hup".:( That an't happening,I'm too old now,:oops:,,and what time I do have needs too be used on keeping my old Highschool rod running, an helping my Son keep his "T" going!! So I put up a add to sell in HAMB 4sale. Huba Huba Hup draw20012.jpg
    The add> https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ounted-with-1917-hup-hot-rod-project.1243767/

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    ffr1222k, williebill, Blues4U and 5 others like this.
  29. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

yes I do, a 40 Ford pickup sitting for 11 yrs

chevy57dude likes this.
  30. LAROKE

LAROKE

Tryin' to find my misplaced ambition. My two truck projects have been stalled for about six months now. I'm still tryin' to get back in the groove but, if you look up mañana in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of me there.

chevy57dude and dana barlow like this.