Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Anyone near Mondesto California

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudsonmand, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Looking to see who might be available to pickup ,arrange payment and title received,and store a Studebaker hawk until shipping could be arranged to Pennsylvania and the cost of doing so

2. Budget36

Budget36

Modesto? I am, but don’t have room to put a shovel in the driveway;).

I could ask my neighbor, does the car run?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. yes it runs according to the owner ,I am in PA and the owner seems a little standoff about asking questions ,he says he will take 1800 for the car ,will not store it ,and really doesnt say one way or another if he has the paperwork for it ,to get it shipped reasonable takes a little time and I really dont know if to trust the owner so was reaching out for a HAMB member

4. Budget36

Budget36

Well at worst case I could look for storage for you (might end up at a stage facility) and I could meet with the owner and see if it’s legal or not.
    PM me if something doesn’t work out for you, I’ll try to assist.

5. Maybe @Lancer could help or knows someone else who could? Having been to his house, not sure he would have room to store a car though.

6. ya that would work I am going to check to see what shipping is now I just have bad vibes about this guy the car seems pretty cheap for what it is ,if I can get his address and see how far from you it is thanks

7. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

IMO , the red flags are starting to fly tall and loud . I get the feeling you have not done anywhere near enough due diligence.

8. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

If the seller cannot be straight up and without hesitation, I think you would be better to pull in the reins before getting a major migraine and loss of $$$$$

9. Budget36

Budget36

Well, not to keep it on the forum, PM me the ad, let me look into it some. Bad vibes are confirmed long distance, or change when someone is local. He may talk to me being in the area, if he won’t, you have your answer;)

10. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Whew !!!! ^^^^Win, win. Budget36 can give you an experienced assessment of the overall condition of said vehicle, title and the seller. I have nothing to do with it but kudos to Budget36 for helping out.:cool:

11. he may be just sick of tire kickers but who know ,he said he only has a bill of sale but that is ok with me in PA ,I would send you the money and let you also pay him if ok, to be sure he is on up and up ,I will send you the ad

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  12. Budget36

Budget36

Probably shouldn’t post his name and number, edit the post, IMO

lothiandon1940 and gimpyshotrods like this.
  13. lucky13

lucky13

14. Not to be a downer, but that's a pretty good price for a complete running car, plus the license plate is kind of "newer" for not having a title. Probably year 2000 or so. That particular plate number is out of the system.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  15. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Believe it, or not, I do recognize that guy, for what that's worth.

I cannot speak to the car, but I do have $2k on the nightstand.

16. Budget36

Budget36

Sounds like Gimpy may beat us to the punch!

17. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have seen him out at shows.

I have not seen, nor am I familiar with that car, though.

It's worth a look. The market is weird for those.