Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods So I may have found the guy who originally built my 40 as a hot rod in 1958.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40ragtopdown, Apr 6, 2019.

1. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

Wow, what a cool read, and youve also had it a long time. There was a point there at the beginning I thought it was not going to happen, but there was another 3 pages to go through, so it had to! Fantastic, love this post.

40ragtopdown likes this.
  2. Very cool history, just reread this thread.
    Gary, @40ragtopdown , when I see your avatar in posts here, I always wonder, did we cruise together some 20+/- years ago? Maybe Americruise?
    I was driving this '31 Vicky at that time:
    s-l400 (2).jpg

Phil Prather,
    Illinois

3. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

Hi Rob. I loved this car since I was a kid to hell I was only 17 when I bought it. As far as any tricks to putting an olds in it it has been Chevy powered since 1972. I do know they moved the steering box over about an inch and a half to clear the starter. That olds motor threw a rod just before we were going to go-to Detroit in 72. Didn't get to go to Detroit but the following weekend I had it up and running again with a 283 a power glide and a 62 Chevy rear end. Ain't youth a wonderful thing. Now it takes me 7 days just to think about doing something.

SS327 and djweaz like this.
  4. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

Haven't been on amercruise. But I remember that car. Did you go to Kalamazoo or may have seen it at one of the n.s.r.a nats up until the pandemic we had been to all of them since 1977.

5. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Saw your thread again.
    So glad you and Mr Yug hooked up.

Stogy and 40ragtopdown like this.
  6. 40ragtopdown

40ragtopdown

Yes it was.

7. Was a cool location just too small. They just moved ours from Titans stadium to Nashville Speedway. So much bigger there. We are hitting Frog Follies this month and Midwest 40 show next month

40ragtopdown and pprather like this.
  8. 40ragtopdown likes this.
  9. "Haven't been on amercruise. But I remember that car. Did you go to Kalamazoo or may have seen it at one of the n.s.r.a nats up until the pandemic we had been to all of them since 1977."

I've had that rod many times at Kalamazoo and Nat's.

Also cruised the GG cruise from Des Moines to Columbus a couple times.

40ragtopdown likes this.