Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 door skins???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nos1partstore, Aug 22, 2022.

1. Nos1partstore

Nos1partstore

Does anyone make a repair panel for the 32 ford 5 window door skin? I need from the belt line down and don't want to spend $1100 on a complete skin from united pacific....any idea?

milwscruffy likes this.
  2. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Try Walden Speed Shop. They make the best in the business.

3. I have found that by the time you look around , you will end up back at the beginning. I have had to bite the bullet and spend the $$$ and buy the entire door skin.
    Vic

19Eddy30 likes this.
  4. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

Tom Bay Ark City Ks. makes with or without belt line, cut for hinge & I believe door lock as well but may be optional.

WB69 likes this.
  5. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Definitely try out Tom.

6. Phone number - 620) 441-0032

7. Nos1partstore

Nos1partstore

Do you have a good contact for him?

8. 36 Tourer

36 Tourer

I remember reading years ago that VW beetle door skins are a good replacement door skin for 32 ford doors.

9. Beetle roof, for roadsters. Maybe not 5W coupes. But maybe.

Make a profile pattern in two directions, walk around a wrecking yard, compare roof profiles to pattern. If that's even possible these days.

10. Pick up a HF English wheel, watch some videos and give making one a shot.
    I’ve made one.
    First align the doors as best as ya can. Make an accurate pattern. Make some contour patterns. Or use a large profile gauge from the other side to map out the contours.
    Transfer the pattern to steel. Add for the flange.
    Map out the contours on the new sheet metal.
    Start wheeling.
    Ya might mess up.
    But ya might not.
    Either way ya learnded sumthin

11. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

hotrodprimer had the same contact I had 620-441-0032 Let me know if a good number

12. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Since you don't like my suggestion of Walden for door skins when I built my first deuce tudor highboy in the early 90's repro door skins weren't available so I cut off the rusty shin and went to a local salvage yard and started putting the old skin on various car tops until the skin stuck like a suction cup. It was a 56 Dodge 4 door top. I marked the spot by spraying around the outer edges with spray paint then the yard man came out and cut out the repair and I took it to the shop doing the repairs where it with some trimming fit like a glove.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
  13. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

krylon32 I'm certain we all value your opinion with your many devoted years to the hobby, & certainly more so to the fact a viable business can be built doing what a person loves to do. With respect to the door skins, I have used the Bay panels that were fully hemmed & had the 1/2 belt line to minimize warping during the weld process, nothing wrong with either supplier, however final cost & shipping may be of concern in this case. Ron