Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Friday Art Show.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff Norwell, Feb 2, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Get Up and High on this FAS.
    Post up Kids.

857582_426019127485579_199279971_o.jpg

2. KerryMC

KerryMC

3. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_8224.jpeg Something I made for a Friend’s shop

Rocket88NZ, ct1932ford, rod1 and 57 others like this.
  4. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wishing you all a happy ( FAS ) Friday.
    This piece of art was inspired by @VANDENPLAS , to satisfy the notion of,
    ( It's always a DODGE )
    So two versions of it, one without lettering, and one with lettering.
    I used the front grille section of the 47 Dodge business coupe, I used to own, which now belongs to @Hitchhiker .
    You can see, it kinda has the look of "Jabba the Hut", so now its "Jabba the Dodge"

IMG_7920 (2).jpg IMG_7923 (2).jpg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
  5. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good day to ya all ! IMG_3023.jpeg

6. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

hrm2k, HOTRODPOWELL, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  7. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2024-2-2_5-14-14.png
    1954 Studebaker Coupe to a Nomad Style Station Wagon or a 57 version

Hello,

Ever since I read the complete article in Hot Rod Magazine in march of 1957, something struck a nerve. It took me several sittings as long tech articles and I do not get along. The level of tech was new for me, back then, and the interest just was not there for the usual multiple page babble that went on for pages.

But, something in this photo article did a number and yes, I sat for several days of free time to finish the article. Perhaps, it was the time period of searching for the first hot rod performance car that might make a good impression for me. A funny name, “Jet stream” supercharger in a stock factory car seemed like it had everything for all sorts of racing and cruising.
    upload_2024-2-2_5-8-46.png
    So, the option of a new Studebaker Hawk was not happening. Even if individuality of being a teenager with the only Studebaker on the streets was the option. It just did not work for the hot rod scene. Even with the centrifugal supercharged motor, it did not have the draw.

Over the next several years of cruising in our cars, we did not see a single Studebaker Hawk cruising around any of the teenage drive-in scenarios or down at the beaches. Perhaps, they were not the most popular of any car desired by teenagers. The roots were there, but the styling and name just did not attract buyers like a Ford or Chevy.
    upload_2024-2-2_5-9-19.png

Jnaki

Now, many years later, I have the ability to draw something that would have fit both desires, a cool Studebaker hot rod, but one that has a new look and functioning ability to have space for our surf travel adventures. Space…was something the small Hawk coupe did not have.

A Nomad style station wagon with the new design and plenty of space for all kinds of activity. Usages for camping, sleeping and ability to carry a lot of new plants, trees, and stuff for our household activity. Plus, A/C and power to cruise anywhere we used to go prior to the Pandemic.
    upload_2024-2-2_5-10-46.png
    A chopped rake version to give it some attitude and a cool cruising style.

upload_2024-2-2_5-11-27.png
    With enough power to do a little wheelie upon a full throttle move?
    Possible, but, not probable.

NOTE :
    upload_2024-2-2_5-12-37.png
    I thought the sleek 57 styling of the original Studebaker design would look good with a Nomad style station wagon. But, those fins made it look like a pixie elf. YRMV

8. High and low... here we go!

Revised and refreshed " '53 Chevy - Ol' Yeller!" (Not a '53 grille I left a slide of the original at the bottom. It was one of my earlier digital doodles drawn using a Wacom Inuos3 graphics pad.)
    53_CHEVY_GASSER_Detaled_4wb2.jpg

51_Ford_Custom_4web.jpg

49fordflame1b4web.jpg

63_Chevy_Gass_Rear_4web.jpg

A_Drag_001_4web.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2024
  9. hotrodjack33

hotrodjack33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some more stuff from when I could get up from the garage floor WITHOUT making a grunt sound:(.

Flyer artwork
    0.39.jpg

Car show T-shirt.
    0.37.jpg

Cartoon from Street Rodder Magazine
    0.38.jpg

10. Just an oldie with a little back story. The wife and I had went to the Daytona Beach Turkey Run in our 38 Chevy coupe. I asked her if she would drive the coupe along the water's edge at sunrise? Then I would film her. { Bad Idea }. As the waves starting retreating back out, she follow them.:eek: Two things saved the day. My coupe didn't sit that low, and she kept it moving. If the water would've hit the fan? This picture could have really happen. 103.jpg

11. Latigo

Latigo

12. tim troutman

tim troutman

picture of our truck 20240202_104630[1].jpg my little girl did for me when she was younger for fathers day

13. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You blew this one out of the park. Way Too Kool!!

CSPIDY, Stogy, 3quarter32 and 4 others like this.
  14. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Something I'm working on...
    IMG_0664.jpeg

15. I love that { TROUTMAN } She is a great little artist! A while back some of you were discussing whether you were born with artistic talent? Or did you just acquired it with practice? I was out of town that week. So here is my 2 cents. I think it's both ways. Some people can just draw anything! That's a born talent. Then there's others like myself, that can only draw what they have practiced. I have always loved doddling girls, with Hot Rods. But don't ask me to draw your dog or cat. It would look very scary! lol What's your thoughts? Remember this is the FAS. So be sure and add a piece of art with your comment. Thanks
    Here's an old doddle from my school days.

1082.jpg

16. I'm gonna try to get some shirts made for this years Autorama Extreme, Artist Alley, Basement edition. First time, if all goes well in our world, I'll get to be there since 2019.

Un_Tin_Mati_01_Det_2024_4web.jpg

My Daughter and, some would say, bus. manager, Abigail sports the next two Tees...

Tempest_MAS_SHIRT_4wb.jpg

(@Moriarity @Jeff Norwell if the old Beta goes against the rules let me know and I'll edit/delete the image)

View attachment 5960408

A little taste of Abigail's pinup/tattoo style art, this piece for her husband on their 5th anniversary.

View attachment 5960428

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
  17. jeepster

jeepster
    from wisconsin

18. 51pontiac

51pontiac
    from Alberta

19. Hope to be able to meet you in Detroit!

hrm2k, 40two, Tow Truck Tom and 4 others like this.
  20. mohr hp

mohr hp
    from Georgia

Good stuff. Thumb in the eye to Ferarri. What is a Beta? Lancia Beta?

21. If you had a way to go back in the Art Show archives to the first couple years of my involvement, You'd have seen the evolution of "The Beta Project: The Alternate History of the Automobile That Never existed". It's a project I still haven't completed but will be slowly working on to see it to a conclusion. Publishing is the goal on a book that basically parodies the story of the Thunderbird which crosses streams with the Riviera as produced by a black op team at Chrysler...

hrm2k, Animal, Tow Truck Tom and 8 others like this.
  22. duecesteve

duecesteve

Screenshot_2020-12-22-06-50-17~2.png Screenshot_2020-12-22-06-51-11~2.png
    These are not mine but I think they are cool

23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mr48_SV.jpg

:rolleyes:...I saw Stude fins...this Stogyism is modded from an image that Hamber @Mr48chev took...

Happy Friday All...;)

Credit to All That Inspired This

24. Sharpone

Sharpone

I like it , Stogyism love it
    Dan

25. Cool stuff today, thanks to all...
    upload_2024-2-2_18-13-35.jpeg upload_2024-2-2_18-13-51.jpeg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.