Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The NEW 1932 Ford Roadster Pic Thread!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fordor Ron, Sep 25, 2017.

1. J Willy Richins

J Willy Richins

lurker mick likes this.
  2. Blake 27

Blake 27

My brothers Deuce, STREET B.

TOM PHIPPS001.jpg DSC04013.JPG DSC04015.JPG

3. clem

clem

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  4. roadsterlines

roadsterlines

Recent local car show, Melbourne, Oz. 031.JPG 032.JPG 034.JPG 035.JPG

5. clem

clem

@Blake 27 - does he still have it ?

6. J Willy Richins

J Willy Richins

JR and a Deuce Roadster at the 1997 California Hot Rod Reunion.
    Anybody know who's it is?
    Scan_20240710.png

7. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

8. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

hiboyroadsterboy and Kelly Burns like this.
  9. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

From the Street Rod Nationals, I believe Dave Lane built this one. IMG_0003.jpeg IMG_9997.jpeg

10. Andy

Andy

Took this a couple of days ago. I had to back it out to work on something. I was resting up and thought it looked good so I took a pic.
    IMG_2589.jpeg

11. Andy

Andy

Old pics of it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2024
  12. Although this is off topic, I always like to read these old magazine features and learn more about the people who were in them. In particular, Angela Aames is the beautiful blonde model and actress posing with Tom Phipps "Street B" Deuce Roadster. In the feature, it said she loved the Deuce roadster, and readily agreed to do a photo shoot with it. I was surprised and shocked to learn that Angela tragically died just six years later on November 27, 1988, at just 32 of heart disease caused by a virus. I was even more surprised that she was born in my home state, in Pierre, South Dakota, and is buried there. Godspeed, Angela! You left us far to soon!

More info about her life and career. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007406/bio/?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

HemiDeuce likes this.
  13. KKrod

KKrod

Do you know who the owners were in those old pics? Really cool.

Andy likes this.
  14. Andy

Andy

I have no idea. I scrounged the pics one at a time. One from a Hot Rod mag, one from here, one from a Montgomery book.
    The ones in the driveway is when I had just pulled it in. I had stolen the plate and mount from the 3W.
    I know some history going back three previous owners.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2024
    KKrod likes this.
  15. KKrod

KKrod

One of my favorite roadsters.

Kelly Burns and Andy like this.
  16. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

Thanks Baron.

17. Dah Fish

Dah Fish

Beautiful, this one. Period correct for 1950's The rear wheels look great but are kind of a give away to its modernity. Ditto the quick change. For purity I'd paint the QC black and change the steering column mounting bracket.
    Check out the 32 roadster owned and recently restored by Brian King of Napa CA. That one is close to correct for 1950 and has an original body first "hot rodded" in the 1960's, an original frame and all early ford running gear.

18. guy1unico

guy1unico

Northern Cal Car all Henry - FMX with a 302

wheels 10.jpg

A Boner and chevyfordman like this.
  19. Dah Fish

Dah Fish

(refering to Cory & Ashley Taulbert's Deuce Hiboy on Page 5 of this thread.

20. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Kelly Burns likes this.
  21. A Boner

A Boner

22. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2024-9-8_3-28-31.png 1932 Ford Roadster recent artwork was for Friday Art post, but plays right into this thread as a tribute to my old friend...

Hello,

My first ride in an open roadster was in a very cool, nicely finished red 1932 roadster. It is one of those things that stays in the memory banks forever. Photographs are all that remain, but even those do not do justice for the experience,. “Aw pshaw…’ you say. A hot rod is a hot rod and the rumble, plus the ride is what it is all about when talking about a hot rod experience.

I have seen plenty of 32 roadsters, some very nice and some not so. But, they were just the on the road editions of what the hot rod folks could do to get one drivable and go out and enjoy. Perhaps, it is just the enjoyment of riding around in an open roadster that does it for some folks.

My wife would not go for a ride in a low slung 23 T open roadster, even with the top up so as to feel somewhat enclosed. I went for a ride and it was like skating on a homemade scooter at faster speeds while sitting as low as possible. A little fun experience… but, my wife is game for hot rods. She was one that jumped into the 327 powered 40 Ford Sedan Delivery to drive it all over coastal So Cal when she wanted and did almost daily/weekly. Sometimes it was hard to get her out or have her take the El Camino or Corvair to do the errands. No… it had to be the sedan delivery.

Jnaki

When I rode in the red 32 roadster for the first time, it was as cool (pun intended) with the top down and my hair blasting all over the place. The owner was well known in the hot rod circles and the drive was his way to allow me the So Cal “roadster” effect on folks. I can testify that it is/was an experience that was so enjoyable as to be “outside experiencing nature…” while riding around in a cool hot rod. YRMV
    upload_2024-9-8_3-32-14.png Thanks... Jack.

Kelly Burns, KKrod and lurker mick like this.