Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Eastwood products (stuff)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JD Miller, Sep 16, 2024 at 12:56 PM.

1. JD Miller

JD Miller

Is Eastwood paints, primers, inside rocker panel rust spray in sealer, etc good stuff. And equipment good quality?

Ive never bought from them. They have some interesting rust neutralizing and repair , prep products and shop tools

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd have to compare their price plus shipping vs that of a known quality product sourced locally from an auto paint, body shop supply house.

jimmy six and seb fontana like this.
  3. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have purchased my brake flaring tools from Eastwood and they are excellent. I have purchased cases of their 2k spray bombs (frame paint, ceramic engine paint, catalyzed primers, etc) and been very satisfied with them. I bought my dual tank portable sand blaster from them, worked as advertised. I can safely say I have never had an issue with anything I have purchased from them.

fauj, jimmy six, warbird1 and 2 others like this.
  4. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Keep in mind that they are an Alliance vendor that offers 10% off just about everything.
    I have ordered tools and consumables from them in the past and have been happy with the products and service. I'm fairly close so shipping was fast to me.

JD Miller and lothiandon1940 like this.
  5. mkubacak

mkubacak

I used some of the rust stuff and some chassis black about 20 years ago on an OT Jeep project. It is still holding up really well.

6. Dave G in Gansevoort

Dave G in Gansevoort
    from Upstate NY

I've got their tubing bender, modified with a Swag Offroad hydraulic cylinder kit. It's bent all of the tubing in the Whatever project and a few other odds and ends with ease. Just bought another set of dies.
    image_78526.jpg The kit allows it to be on wheels. No need to bolt it down and wasting space.

7. 36and63

36and63
    from Wisconsin

I've used their products with excellant results, follow the instructions to the letter.
    I have also had great results with their equipment from welders to bead rollers and hand tools. Good quality for the home shop and priced accordingly.
    I was fortunate to visit the Chicago store with travel on a regular basis when I worked but since I've retired I have to order and shipping can get costly.

8. Budget36

Budget36

I’m sure you’ve read here about the HF pressure blasters needing upgrades, but is the Eastwood one is good out of the box?

Bandit Billy likes this.
  9. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Came with a nice regulator and water trap too.

Budget36 likes this.
  10. Budget36

Budget36

11. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Nice option

12. 57Fury440

57Fury440

I've never had a problem with any of their products.

13. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I recently bought the mini hand held belt sander from Eastwood. I was planning on using it to finish some exhaust pipe welds. I had it about a month before I was ready to use it. I ran it about 5 minutes and decided I need a coarser grit belt. I changed the belt and pressed the switch and it just fell apart. I contacted their warranty department and fortunately I had bought the extended warranty. Considering the poor quality of this imported tool I opted for a refund. With the price of the tool, extra belts, extended warranty and shipping I had spent around $120. They did furnish a return tag and when the smoke cleared they refunded me about $85.