Register now to get rid of these ads!

Featured Projects Look what I just bought !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VANDENPLAS, Sep 17, 2024 at 9:06 PM.

1. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

cool, 1 pc bumpers usually mean calif car. does it have a fenton header or a split manifold? love the way those sixes sound

2. 05snopro440

05snopro440

3. :D:p:D:p Even tho everything is a Dodge , o have a hard time finding them :D:D I know what they are just can’t seem to find em very elusive lol:confused:

4. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

5. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Solid!
    And I've only ever seen one other four-door hardtop '55.
    Happy for your happy.

Edit:
    I'm an iodot.
    '56 not '55
    Okay then... now that's the only four-door hardtop '56 I've seen.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2024 at 6:40 AM
  6. it has a home grown split manifold with some super long glass packs sounds sweet !!

7. riv63

riv63
    from Texas

So this instead of the T-bird?

Sharpone, SS327, Budget36 and 2 others like this.
  8. @Moriarity that gold 56 is pretty much the look I’m going for right now !!!

9. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

why not leave the 6? 2 carbs, finned vc and side cover....maybe swap in a factory overdrive 3 spd?

10. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I bet you could paint the silver part gold metalflake... man that would be cool....

11. upload_2024-9-18_9-30-59.gif

Seriously, nice score!

It looks like a great car to have some fun with.

12. Squablow

Squablow

I like it, I like the silver and black color scheme.

13. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I've made my position on 4 doors well known around these parts, but man, that's a beautiful car. The 4 door hardtop roof I think is a better profile than any other model of the tri-five. And the 6 cylinder is cool too. If it runs well, I'd be loathe to take it out.

I honestly like everything about this car. Congrats on the acquisition!

14. I think everyone here knows I have a soft spot for inline 6’s built a stout 261 tri carb , split exhaust all the go fast and shiny bits one for my 50 fleetline . But it was not cheap .

How hard is an over drive trans to find and install ?
    Not sure on the trans in it as it has a non-synchro first and super low first gear .

im not against keeping it a 6 always loved ‘em. It’s just a SBC is about the 3rd the cost to stuff in and get going . Anyways not a concern for the near future .

15. T-bird was a fleeting idea , wife saw it really liked it , went to see it and it was not really my cup of tea for the condition it was in and the asking price .

since I was a kid I’ve wanted a 55 Chevy …. Or any trifive for that matter , I have always liked the 4 door hardtops as the roof is lower and more pancaked then a regular 2 door or 4 door .

this one showed up , buddy was more then truthfull on condition and at a price I could not say no to .

cars on my “ Bucket list”
    41 Willy’s coup gasser ( really ? A pipe dream at what they sell for now-a-days )

65 Buick riviera . Why , cause it’s a car that was wayyyyy ahead of its time and timeless styling just sweet in black , still a maybe in the future .

and a tri-five Chevy .

thinking last night I have probably owned 25 or some odd probably closer to 30 “ cool cars” over the years . And now this I’m pretty happy . Think I’m gonna keep this one for a good long while .

16. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

V8 V8 V8 V8 V8. Because we can. IMG_4189.jpeg IMG_0721.jpeg
    @VANDENPLAS true about 6’s costing more. Carina sold her 235 for 4 times what I paid for the 283 I replaced it with.

17. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

You're not wrong about it costing less to swap to a V8. Adapters for the Chevy 6 to 700R4 and the like are available, but will cost around $1200. It's cheaper to get a V8 and just put that in.

18. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

*OMG*
    Yes to the V EIGHT.
    You can put an X on that list now:p
    I worked with a guy who ran one.

19. catdad49

catdad49

Always loved the different look of the 4 dr. rear window. Shave the rear door handles and most will never even notice. Nice score!!

Sharpone and VANDENPLAS like this.
  20. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

As a guy who owns a couple inline 6's I too would swap a V8 in that boat ASAP.
    Great car, either 6 or 8 though.
    I think Mark has a great idea painting the gold over the silver & leaving the black.
    I've had good success using SEM(?) Vinyl dye to cover ugly seats. I'd bet you could dye your seats black fairly simple.
    Some whitewalls & stance correction, maybe some full size huhubcaps.
    Oh man, Nice score !

21. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

235's are awesome.... whatever ya do don't make into a girls car by putting an automatic in it... there, I said it

22. A girl in my old high school had a ‘56 4dr ht but in all silver like the rear part of your car. Her’s was a V8 with automatic. She broke down pulling into the parking lot one morning and I wanted to offer to buy her car but some other guy asked but she turned him down.
    She kept driving it after getting it fixed. I found out it was her dad’s car.

23. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats, that is just a beautiful car! And a 4dr hardtop on top! You don´t see these very often. 56 was the first year fotr the sports sedan, if I´m not mistaken, there was no 4dr hardtop for 55 I think. That is a great cruiser. I´m using my 55 sedan as a daily and as a holiday hauler. It´s a 235 3 on the tree with OD and since I put 3.55 gears in it , it is perfect for long hauls. I´ve put over 100k kms on it since ´15. Still drives like a charm.
    Have fun with your 56, not matter if 6 or 8, it´ll be a great car. 55chev 035.jpg IMG_8414.JPG

24. Budget36

Budget36

I had a 235 in my ‘59 PU, also had a 350/th400 ready to go.

Danged 235 never gave me a reason to take it out for the V8.

As you mentioned , no rush!

25. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

26. skooch

skooch

I LOVE the interior!

Sharpone and VANDENPLAS like this.
  27. Speccie

Speccie

Great find, looks a clean car. I am sure you will enjoy it.

28. IMG_9402.gif

You know what ! Just ta piss ya both of im going with a V6 and a semi auto trans :p

Inline will be sticking around for a good long time that’s for sure .

Sharpone, catdad49, Baumi and 6 others like this.