Register now to get rid of these ads!

Russ Meeks sectioned 56 nomad tell me more

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gasser56, Nov 24, 2007.

1. madwagon56

madwagon56

for the most part thats the color most people remember it as, boy does it look black!!!!!

2. madwagon56

madwagon56

boy just sittng here reading twofosho comment i remember lonnie gilbertson telling me about a time that russ pulled in with a car on a trailer at the roadster show, he unloaded the car and pulled the nomad out side and lonnie said next thing he knew russ had washed and waxed the nomad and had it in the show. lonnie said under all that dirt there was this beautiful black nomad. it still is so cool a tow/show car wow!!!!!

3. FYI : Rod and I have talked and all is good,I know Russ has seen this posting and it would be good to hear from him why this is so upsetting to him.From what I can see in the photos and talking to Rod he's got nothing but the NOMADS best intrest at heart and is making the effort to do it justice.I would be proud of Russ to step up and show intrest or at least not make things worse,maybe explain his side.......again I care about russ like a long time friend he is and would do anything I could to help him as such (Like I have ) but this kid deserves all the support the we can give him.........Now Rod about the color:D

4. old beet

old beet

reply to my P M!!

5. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

I first saw this car in a hot rod spinoff called custom cars in '96 or 7.
    I searched on ebay, and found the original rod and custom from '69? with the article. funny, in that article that they couldn't recognize what the wheels were, and russ wouldn't tell them. As far a s i can tell they are 57-8 caddy saber wheels with wider hoops.
    A few monts ago, I was thinking it would be neat to call around portland and try to find out if it was still around, or destroyed (the fate of many old customs) Then I pick up the new r&c and Viola! there it is being restored.
    It is great that this old custom is being brought back!
    I have read all of madwagons threads about buying this car, and how russ was upset about it. It must not be a good memory for him. I am glad that madwagon is working with what he can get , and doing the restoration.

6. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

Black is the colour for that car. It has the look of the original Nomad and if the GM bean counters could have been avoided the Nomads probably would have looked like that as stock.
    But LOSE the billet dash board it sucks like a 1980's chainer car.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. 72CHEYENNESUPER20

72CHEYENNESUPER20

Here is one vote for Cadillac saber wheels, With black exterior with the original silver interior.

8. flattrap

flattrap

I came home from the hospital in the nomad when I was born. Used to play in the nomad and the tilt body daily as a little kid dreaming about hauling butt down a drag strip and only being old enough to ride a trike.

9. madwagon56

madwagon56

i would just like to say thanks to cederic for posting something on here about the nomad, i know me and his father dont see eye to eye right now but i really appreciate knowing more history about the car!! thanks again cederic sincerly rod

10. madwagon56

madwagon56

whats everyone think should i leave it black when it was in the 1968 r&c, or candy red when it won the 1970 portland roadster show. im tossed!!!!!!!

11. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

black, with the saber wheels, the only way to go.

12. no question about it......candy red............whats Lonnie think???

13. madwagon56

madwagon56

well lonnie likes the black cherry it was painted the very last time before car was parked. but that really would not make me happy at all. maybe i should just paint it yellow with red flames and hydraulics so i can make a hopper out of it. ha ha i wonder if the lead would fall off. just kidding, has to be red or black, but i still like my 200s wheels.sorry

14. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Dude.. black.

Needs the original interior and please lose the billet stuff inside. Great for a restoration of an 80s build, not so hot for a car with early history. Just my opinion ;)

15. Rod; Stop asking what to do with "YOUR" Car. It was in Transition at the time Slaughter got it for a reason. You want Russ'es Respect and Admiration do something Better with it than it was. That's where it was headed when it's World ended. In case you haven't Figgured Russ out, he don't live in the Past. Just look at what He's doing Now if you don't hear what I'm saying. I've been Biteing my Lip since this thread started with some of you saying Your Russes Friends, Bologna. Get Real and move on.
    The Wizzard

16. madwagon56

madwagon56

hey wizzard was just having a little fun, was not trying to offend anyone it is my car, but its been such a toss on wich way to go on car, im sorry you had to bite "your tongue". was only exspressing my want to do the car justice, as far as it was changing im sure it was it had the potvin on it and 4spd, it would have been cool to see it run with it, but at that point it had never ran with that set up, but no one but russ will ever know what he was going to do next. that is the past and as far as im concerned i dont have to post anymore about in here. see ya rod

17. Rod you dead on its your car to save........and you better keep this post going with updates.........signed Russ' Friend-Kent Meacham!!!

18. 72CHEYENNESUPER20

72CHEYENNESUPER20

I agree keep this thread going Rod. Wizzard's really can't turn people into toads, So dont let him ruin everyones fun.

19. 72CHEYENNESUPER20

72CHEYENNESUPER20

Post Script (P.S.) Please post more pics., Here is one of the car when you picked it up (Robbie in the background), I stole it from your profile.

Attached Files:

20. Louie S.

Louie S.

Wow, I did'nt read thiswhole post but it looks like the car is in the right hands.

21. ok Rod.here's what not to do............I love this thing but Im a sick kinda guy already

Attached Files:

22. madwagon56

madwagon56

ok thats a little much, but in some sick way i dig it too!!!!

23. couverkid

couverkid

Boy there has been some neat cars that have rolled in and out of ol chip stars shop. I got my old 3 window coupe from him what a great guy.

24. madwagon56

madwagon56

boy you sure hit the nail on the head, he is a great guy who has a lot of stuff, he got my old vega funny car, thats how this whole thing got started on the nomad. then that led to another buddy of mine buying the old homeyers willys race car him from chip. both jr and senior are great people to know.