Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932- 34 Ford Pickup Doors?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Onelow34, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Onelow34

Onelow34

Is there anyone out there that knows of any companies that make repro doors for the pickups? I am having a hell of a time finding doors that are in terrible shape but worth gold! I didnt know if anyone knew if there are repros out there. Thanks

2. fleetside66

fleetside66

Sorry Onelow. no repops. You can either (a) pay the price (b) restore ones out of shit like I did or (c) get real lucky. If someone reproduced those doors, what would you think the asking price would be, without the glass, window winders, latches, etc.? I think it would still be a lot. One alternative would be to buy an entire cab with doors & then part out the cab

3. Loe

Loe
    from CDA, ID

Ive emailed brookville many times about this situation. They'd make a good hand full. For repops id be willing to pay 200-300 a door. But im sure a door would be priced at about 400-500

4. willys_truck

willys_truck

Speedway makes a extended cab truck out of glass, if you do not mind glass doors, you could call them and see if the doors would fit a original truck. Just a thought, better than not having any doors.

5. bcfordman

bcfordman
    from cortez co

brookeville gets $495 for a model A roadster door so a 32-34 closed cab pickup door would be more like $900-1000,ravon street rods in montana was making glass 32-34 pickup cabs

6. Well they were making cabs, but alas all great things must eventually end

s.

7. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

I am begining to think that they are made out of unobtanium. I purchased a cab in Kentucky just for the doors. Mind you I live in MI a 17 hour round trip. This is what the person had for me OUCH. If you grab the top and shake, it's worse than a wet noodle. I'm all for saving a dead horse but give me a break! I was at the Kalamazoo NSRA nats swap meet this Sept. and I seen only a couple in a little better shape for $200? WTF

Attached Files:

8. thisbugger

thisbugger

a good set of doors pretty much cost more than the cab from what i have seen

9. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

these doors suck... i have 2 32/34 pickups im working on. one had near perfect doors and a BEAT TO HELL cab, the other had a very perfect cab and BEAT TO HELL DOORS! just started on one door today to start the patch work on the bottom/hinge area and a new skin. i always wanted one of these for a shop truck but i dont know any more. if i ever do ill hold out for a very cherry cab AND doors !!

10. I think I'm going to weld my door hinge pins!!!-MIKE:eek::D

11. When I bought my cab in May of 07 I thought I paid too much but I was tired of looking so I did it. It came with doors, latches, regulators that are all repairable. Now that I know how rare some of those parts are, I don't feel so bad. Watch ebay to see what door latches bring. That'll make you like doors. I regularly see doors bring 800 each that still need some work.

12. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

I was fortunate enought to get four nice fixable doors with the cab we bought. I will not be getting rid of any untill we are done with our project. I have not decided which doors are going to be used yet.

13. Irrational Metalworks

Irrational Metalworks
    Alliance Vendor
    from DFW

14. yeah, good luck with that!!! i've been looking too.....mine are terrible!!;)

[​IMG]

15. canigo

canigo

My truck is a '32 - I ended up buying a 34 cab just for the doors, ended up using the nice kicked out firewall from it too. The doors are better, but still utter crap. they seem to be quite valuable.

16. fordsteel

fordsteel
    from Elkland PA

there are two sets of doors in a junk yard up were i go to college ill post pic s of them next time im up there they look beter than the ones your working with from what i remember.

17. I recently did a little trading for '32 cab with doors, dash, firewall and a windshield frame. The doors are wired shut. I'm afraid to open them....LOL. I don't know if I got a good cab with bad doors. or good doors with a bad cab, or bad everything. I shoved it in a corner and piled a bunch of shit around it so that I'm not tempted to look it over too closely until I really want something new to do. I'm just gonna let it simmer for awhile.

Charlie

18. SaltCityCustoms

SaltCityCustoms

32-34 doors are almost impossible to find, so I think your only choice is to find whatever doors you can whether they are in horrible shape or not and buy what you can in patch panels and fabricate the rest.

19. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

You guy's are making me feel bad...I just sold a pair of decent straight doors to a buddy for $500,...for the pair!

20. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

You shouldn't feel bad. You helped your buddy, and was happy with getting $500 for them. You were both happy at the time. Him more so than you probably.....................

21. Onelow34

Onelow34

I got in touch with speedway and there doors are chopped 2 inches and stretched 4 inches for comfort they said. Maybe its a business we should get into!!! We would make some bucks!

22. Onelow34

Onelow34

Hey fordsteal! Drop me a line when you get pics of those doors. Id love to see them man. Everything here in iowa is pretty much junk if you find anything. Its usually 8 inches in the ground. I know of a place here where they made numerous model T and A bodies into fill for a levee! I will try to get pics on here when it warms up. It is just sick! :mad:

23. Count Scrapula

Count Scrapula
    from Mid TN

Makes me feel pretty good about mine. Just a little rust at the bottom. I actually talked to a fiberglass guy about pullin a mold off of these after I get patch panels installed, but he didn't seem real interested. Maybe I should direct him to this post. Even around the hinge area where most are torn these are really nice.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

24. Onelow34

Onelow34

Ya, that is a real nice cab. My cab has a little bit of rust on the lower front cowl panel. Other then that, My cab is in great shape with the original tag on the firewall, which is also in great shape. The only problem is that I dont have the passenger door!!!!!! The driver door is in great shape, its just I got stiffed on the passenger door by a family friend that I have had for 10 years! Great cab though bud, make sure to send me pics of the cab when you start the build.

25. chaddilac

chaddilac

26. Onelow34

Onelow34

To steep for me bro! I am looking for alot cheaper! Something that I can afford! LOL

27. PollockzRodz

PollockzRodz

If you have any type of door left what the hell just put a ton of hours into fixing it since its alot cheaper than buying new. Also if you dont have or cant find doors you can always build a set with a bunch of other types of doors. They can be like 6 different types of doors in one. Just alot of metal fab.
    I was walking though the lake compounce CT car show and a fella sold 3 doors for $400 for all. The new buyer was loading them into his truck when I spoted them and man did they sell fast I think the buyer was watching the guy write the price on the doors then threw the money at him as soon as he was done with the last zero. I guess I was just to late.

28. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

This seems to come up every few months. I paid almost as much for a rotted driver's door as I did for the rest of the truck... I put new bottoms, hinge structures, and skins on both of mine.

29. Onelow34

Onelow34

30. Shit. I just sold my 32 cab+doors to Charlie Chops 1940 for $700. It was rough, not horrible, but rough/saveable. I shoulda known my price was too low when I got about 10 calls and 10 more PMs in 10 mins about the doors!! Oh well he was happy and I was happy. Whoever repops these will make a mint.........

James