Register now to get rid of these ads!

how many 55,56 ford owners

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bdierks, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Ole don

Ole don

I have a 55 two door, but I dont know how to post pictures. The outside is stock but lowered. It has American five spokes, a Merc 312 and a five speed. It as been to the HAMB drags, and Bonneville. It only gets dusty in the winter. Granada spindles and disc brakes with a booster, power steering, big sway bars, and the dash was signed by Ed Iskenderian when I told him what cam it has. It has been with us since 1996, and will stay.

2. Here is mine. I took it to Bonneville last year without any trouble at all. 302, C4, 9inch rear, power disc brakes, rack and pinion steering (I don't like that so much), air conditioning.
    It gets up and scoots along.
    I bought it for my wife to drive, but she wasn't in to it.
    So I drive it. I'd like to change out the wheels and tires. Maybe go with whitewalls and stock caps and rings.

Attached Files:

3. How or what did you use for power steering. Ive already done the granada spindles and discs on my wag and it steers very hard. Btw all these cars are nicer than mine, guess I need to get out to the garage for a while. I just scored an old edlebrock intake for my 390, maybe less weight will make it steer easier! These pics are from the first test drive this spring, put a few miles on her last year, hope for a lot more this summer.

Brad

Attached Files:

4. CAS

CAS

The Wife's ride....
    [​IMG]

5. everyone seemed to build them into customs, so I went HOT ROD! 460 - C/6 - 9"
    Sold it to a guy in Key West FL about 2 years ago
    [​IMG]

6. Here's my '56 Customline Victoria. 272, Holley 390, Electronic ignition and dual exhaust with Magnaflows.

Sonic 013.jpg

2008-08-03 028.jpg

7. Not mine but saw this one at Mooneyes and really dug it.
    [​IMG]

8. Fontucky Slim

Fontucky Slim

1955 Fairlane. Just got it so not too much to report so far. I have only had time to take a couple road trips and grin.

Attached Files:

9. I have 2) 55 wagons

Attached Files:

10. 56 Club - Modified

56 Club - Modified

Here's mine - just had the hood pop up while driving @ 55 MPH - so it'll be repainted soon - using Toyota pearl white & pearl dark red - currently cream & maroon.
    1956 Ford Fairlane Tudor Modified; 302 EFI from an '89 Bronco, modified HP cam, HP Mustang GT electronic module, stainless dual exhaust thru the rear bumpers, headers, rack & pinion power steering, posi-traction using El Camino pumpkin, 4 speed AOD, front disc brakes, AntiqueAir.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
    qicvick likes this.
  11. MrLube

MrLube
    from Canada

This is my project: P8311287.jpg

need help with putting in 460
    motor mounts and manifolds hitting steering box.

any others do this swap? would love to see pictures of how it fit and of parts used...

12. Good thread--nice to see it back up. I have pics now. :eek:
    The aforementioned limo..

[​IMG]

qicvick likes this.
  13. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

Here's my 55 crown vic

[​IMG]

qicvick likes this.
  14. Somebody needs to install a set of '60 Dodge taillights in one of these Babies....Lens out/ Thick Chrome in....It looks awesome! Like a bolt-on too.......Centurion9

15. mow too much

mow too much

Don't have one now, but my first 2 cars were 55s, a victoria that was painted dark blue with a painted on fake black viynal roof, chrome reverse wheels and baby moons, it had blue tuck and roll interior with a blue metal flake steering wheel. I do'nt know witch leaked more the 272 or the 2 speed trans, that poor car took a beating, boy I thought I was COOL :cool:, this was 1966. the next one was a nice 2 tone blue 2 door sedan.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  16. bruce hylton

bruce hylton
    from toledo wa

17. dragass

dragass

Here's mine, should be done this summer. Running a 1963 352 FE, 4 speed. Was chopped and sectioned back in the sixties.

[​IMG]

18. thunderplex

thunderplex

I have a couple.

1956 Mainline 428 4-speed.
    1956 Customline 272 3-speed on column.

the '55 parked at Purk's Speed Shop (w/Merc Wagon taillights) is a friends ride.

Attached Files:

19. SHRUM

SHRUM

Should be on the road as soon as I get the radiator back from the shop.

Attached Files:

qicvick likes this.
  20. Greasy71

Greasy71
    from SoCal

Here is my submission for ya'll.

Attached Files:

• 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      144.8 KB
      Views:
  21. mow too much

mow too much

Boy, that mainline is TUFF. :eek:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  22. My contribution. '55 Victoria, owned since Labor Day '81, need to get in color and as finished as possible for my parents' 50th Anniversary this September. Was black body/white roof, cloth/vinyl seats, no brakes or side glass. Will eventually be red/white styletone. 289/C4 was in it when I got it, wouldn't mind 351 or even putting 292/Ford-O-Matic back in. Got seats reupholstered over 25 years ago white vinyl/black velour inserts, need to carpet and replace headliner. 12v conversion '82 including alternator, still haven't gotten gauges to work.

Interior Plans are: '55 Merc column shifter, add '55-'56 T-bird-style clock/tach pods and pad/vinyl cover the top; fill large round holes in dash and replace heater head w/'63 Galaxie, radio TBD, maybe recessed custom engine-turned applique like '54 Ford. Finish out trunk in black carpet and vinyl-covered panels to match black/white door panels. Replace vacuum wipers with electrics?

Exterior plans: chrome Lake pipes, '60 Dodge taillights, louvered/bullnosed hood, maybe '55-'56 Montclair upper door/quarter trim under windows.

Attached Files:

qicvick likes this.
  23. caceo

caceo

Bdierks,
    Nice car....any other pics of her? I only hope that my '57 Ranchero comes out as nice...

24. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Just an FYI the lenses from a '61 T-Bird will screw right in also and they look pretty cool. I ran them on my '55 Vicky.

25. thunderplex

thunderplex

...these were very common taillight swaps for 1955/56 Fords back in the 60's.

1963 Fairlane
    1955/56 Mercury Station Wagon
    1960 Dodge

26. Why in the hell would they have cut the top of the back fenders off? That's goofy ...

27. Why would one put a '55 grille in a '56?

28. I like that cream & maroon. Unusual color and really looks good.

29. thunderplex

thunderplex

Why, ..because that's the way the owner/builder wanted it!! The owner/builder didn't build it to suit you or I.

I wish people would quit running down other guys rides!! You finally said something positive about the car, ..you thought the paint was unusual but liked it.

I'll defend anybody's ride on this forum. If the owner likes it, ...that's all that matters!!!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
    qicvick likes this.
  30. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

I have a '56 two door Ranch Wagon, and was also thinking to do the 302 C-4 combo. I dig the chrome reversies on your photo shop image.:)