Register now to get rid of these ads!

speedo gear drive ford c-4

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigblk1177, Feb 22, 2009.

1. bigblk1177

bigblk1177

Hello Guys & Gals. I'm putting the finishing touches on a T bucket project. I'm now working on the dash gauges, down to speedo and was wondering if anybody knew the number of teeth on the speedo gear drive on output shaft of a ford c-4 trans? I sure would hate to pull the rear housing to find out. I counted them when I build the tranny but who knows what happens inside a 50 year olds mind. Mine mind's like a trap "once it in there it stays there".:confused: Thanks for the help:)

2. I believe that the number of teeth depends on the rear end that came with the trans. As best I remember. You may have to try a few to get the speedo calibrated.

3. IIRC, most are 6 tooth

4. bigblk1177

bigblk1177

:)Thanks guys; I will try to figure out which driven gear to order once I install speedo.

5. It would be nice if the tranny serial number had information which included what rear end came with it. Maybe it does. Anyone know?

6. rstanberry

rstanberry
    from terrell tx

I have one apart on the bench that has 7 teeth. Its an early pan fill. I think this is the most common.

7. I have a coffee can full of the gears and with my GPS I can calibrate pretty accurately. If you need any part numbers for gears, let me know.

8. bigblk1177

bigblk1177

Thanks Art I may be contacting you shortly. Where in Alabama are you located? :)

9. Cullman