Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gasser/Altered/AWB Trucks Picture Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Ukrop, Nov 27, 2009.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

There may have not been many of them, then or now. A thread needs to be created with pics of all the trucks there were built to tear up the quarter mile. Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Willys, etc the list goes on and on.
    So post up what you've got!

Attached Files:

2. solid

solid

Is this what your looking for?

Attached Files:

3. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

yes, thanks!

4. carkiller

carkiller

Not really traditonal My current altered build. 39 dodge,Should be sorta streetable

Attached Files:

5. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

[​IMG]

Does anyone have any idea on the EXACT size dimensions of the rear tires and wheels on this buggy? As well as the brand of the the tires/wheels?

i think they look just right proportionally and fit just right in the fenders.

6. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Here's everything you ever wanted to know about this truck. Well, almost. The article mentions the tires are 12.00x16 M&H Racemasters, which by the way are still available from M&H. Although the article doesn't mention it, I'm pretty sure the rear wheels are 16x8 Halibrands. It was pretty popular in the late 60's to run a more narrow rear wheel and drop the air pressure. I always wondered what happened to this little beast. Should be fairly easy to identify as there couldn't have been too many chopped Austin pickups out there.

M&C1 HiPerfCars 2-69.jpg M&C2 HiPerfCars 2-69.jpg M&C3 HiPerfCars 2-69.JPG

M&C4 HiPerfCars 2-69.jpg MEYERCLU.jpg

7. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Here's some more race trucks.

a1GlenLazzarFunnyFarmerBBGas.jpg Agitator1-vi.jpg austinmisfit.jpg bizio_3_66_March_Meet[1].jpg

BurchBroSon-vi.jpg facetious.jpg facetious3.jpg

8. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

And some more...

Marchants-BAK.jpg Mike_Bamber_s_Silver_Dollar[1].jpg Nunes-Dillon2.jpg

Ron%20Bizio%205.jpg SANZO-SED.jpg Steinberg-pu2.jpg

Studegasser.jpg TINNY-1.jpg

9. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

Here's the last...

Flip Top Ford.jpg Radical Ford.jpg gHPC1167-vi.jpg

gp-gc6.jpg IMG_2205.jpg JS-00066.jpg

10. Enjoy

Attached Files:

11. More

Attached Files:

12. This has to be one of the coolest threads one of these days I would like to build one of these.

13. One of the baddest truck I have ever seen man.

14. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

thanks for the link; i feel this is a good example of everything being "just right" as far as wheel sizes,positioning and stance. At least in my opinion.

To me, this has to be right before anything else can happen---engine etc.

15. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I bought this one from Richard's Auto Salvage junkyard in North Carolina like 9 years ago. I drove it home through the mountains at night in the rain with no seat belts at 90MPH almost all the way because I had to make it back for a job interview the next morning. It used 13 quarts of oil on the way home. I think it used less gas than that. It has a 390 out of a 66 Fairlane GT. I got pulled over around 4AM in Tennessee and the cops crawled all over the thing trying to find a VIN. None of us ever did. When I hit big dips in the road, I'd actually come far enough out of the seat to hit my head on the ceiling. Crazy truck. I got it home and the whole valve train let go later that week with exactly 66,666 miles on the odometer. It was called the Devil Truck forever after that.

Attached Files:

16. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

Is it just me or does that little Stout on the bottom make you all tingly in all the right places?...If only it had a blown hemi... A blown Crown Hemi...

I want to take an early Bronco or a Scout and build a drag truck out of it.. Scoot the wheel base up, stick the nose up a bit.. Slather it in a blinding candy blue, with gold and silver leaf lettering, nothin' inside but a single white vinyl bucket seat a flake wheel, a set of gauges, a stick to stir gears, and a maze of chrome tubing for a roll cage... In front of the driver would be a force to be reconned with.. A screaming, clattering, black smoke belching, torque monster known as a 5.9l Cummins Diesel, towering out above where the hood should be.. Down in the passenger fender well would be a single 5 inch tube pouring out the blackest of black smoke and emitting the insane wale of twin turbos... With the stab of a gear (just pick one of 6) and the release of the man pedal all the torque that a drag prepped 9 inch could handle would be put to the ground by a set of cheater slicks... The nose would pull up in the air, and a few seconds later victory would be had... Traditional? no... Fun as fuck? Hell yeah!!

Diesel Altered... sounds fun...

17. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Any info on this crazy machine?

Attached Files:

18. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

Attached Files:

19. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

[​IMG]

i like the direction this is going; Please tell me more about it as i have imagined a similar machine.

20. 54fordgasser

54fordgasser
    from Kansas

Here is my 54 f100 glass nosed big block, 4 speed with lead filled bumper and sun guages blah blah blah work in progress

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. 54fordgasser

54fordgasser
    from Kansas

Here is some of my inspiration for my truck.
    [​IMG]

22. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

unfortunatly I did not build this one I got lucky and won it on ebay, I assume it built by a kid in the 60's, it is an original amt 61 chevy tuck.
    It reminds me of the "competition coupes" that you would see from '59 to '62
    the body is sectioned and chopped, the bed is shortened the whole thing is moved back on the original truck frame , it has a 3 duce 283 in the front and a fuel injected 283 behind that.
    It was unfinished-you can see a tonneau cover that was started- I am just going to clean it up a little and display it as it is.

A pic of this did inspire a truck that hamber 296 moon is creating I think.

Attached Files:

• 014.JPG
      014.JPG
      File size:
      85.1 KB
      Views:
    • 016.JPG
      016.JPG
      File size:
      55.7 KB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      46.3 KB
      Views:
    • 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      59.1 KB
      Views:
    • 017.JPG
      017.JPG
      File size:
      63.6 KB
      Views:
  23. bbc 1957 gasser

bbc 1957 gasser

that front end is ugly man ...

24. 54fordgasser

54fordgasser
    from Kansas

not a big fan of the headlights to meet the regulations (just guessing) but besides that I think its pretty cool.

25. 27T

27T

COOL truck!

26. 46stude

46stude

That one was a Photoshop done for me a while back. I was looking to see how my Stude would look done in the style. I like the look, but it might be better w/ some taller front tires & a short gasser Willys truck type wheelbase.

27. Gasser57

Gasser57

I built this 57 in 1990. I had a few y blocks, even a Clifford equipped 223 in it over the years. Final set-up was a Oddy-built 292 that would shift happy at 7k rpm. Trips, 4 speed T-10, 4.11's, lots of vintage power adders. I raced it pretty regular, took a couple runner ups, loved racing against the few vintage cars there were back then. Drove it to Indy and raced at Goodguys once. Dumped the clutch, front end went up, 1st and reverse blew out the bottom. Drove it all the way home with nuthin' but 2nd and 3rd. I sure miss it. This is a great thread, people used to ask me why anyone in their right mind would race a truck? 19 years later, with help of the HAMB, folks can see it was pretty common.

Attached Files:

28. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

Competition coupes rock! They should bring those back, but i don't think they'll ever come back as a legal class, but i digress.....

Back to the model, in my idea i would have done everything similar except leave/put the header panel (lights grill etc.) up front where the bumper is. Sort of similar of similar to when the person who bought the ivo 4 engined dragster and changed it to a buick station wagon. Or the 4 engined mustang.
    [​IMG]

i've had this idea for a hot rod in my head for probably 6mos to a yr., and i may post a sketch.

29. 54 ford. Bitchen truck - like pretty much everything about it!

For the rear bumper, what did you use?! I'm planning to make a tube bumper for my truck(54 chevy also in the correct color) over the winter to replace the utility unit on it now. Been eyeing several round tube designs, and yours looks cleaner than the other pipe thread versions I've seen. Any details welcome!

Attached Files: