Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Official 60-66 C-10 Chevy Truck Picture Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TexasHardcore, May 8, 2006.

1. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

Kinda hard to follow that one up^^^^^^, but here goes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There u go.....

2. Meyer

Meyer

Eagletucky - you know what the bed of that needs? ;)

3. vintagespeed

vintagespeed

Here the C10's big brother I let get away this year at a swapmeet price was well under $1500 ..Barn find 2 owner 1966 could have driven it home ..Would have looked great towing my 66 Chevelle SS (same color as the truck to )...:( that what i get for buying a house the week before the swap meet ..

Attached Files:

• 123.JPG
      123.JPG
      File size:
      139 KB
      Views:
  4. More cowbell?

5. 39LOW

39LOW
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from MESA,AZ

My '66 with a chrome '61 grill & bumper

Attached Files:

6. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

He said the only thing he didn't do himself was the interior stitching,he designed the interior,but had an upholsterer he knows do the covers,door panels and headliner,and the guy even threw in a set of custom floor mats for him. Everything else you see,Kono did himself,including the motor. He owns a shop and is very reasonable(I say almost insanely reasonable) with his shop rates he charges for work. I'm his rep on the 'net I guess you could say,was thinking about starting an Alliance Vendor account here for his shop in Hesperia,CA.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  7. Shawn M

Shawn M

My brother has had two, my Dad has had several and has one now, I've always liked them, and thanks to you guys, I'm going to look at three tomorrow!

8. drop jaw kustoms

drop jaw kustoms
    from miami,FL

heres a pic of my 62 c10 and my buddys 64 suburban....z'de frame front and rear,huge ragtop,327-th350,motorcycle gas tank air cleaner......
    my c10
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the burb
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  9. Goatnut

Goatnut
    from Orting, WA

I've recently been introduced to the site by a fellow GTO forum member. I would have written here earlier but it has taken me a couple days to just get through this thread. I've actually come back several times already to browse through the pics.

Anyway, I'm the owner of a '64 C20 that we enjoy playing with. I just got the seat back from being recovered with the original cloth fabric. Here is the seat and a link the our cardomain site with some other pics.

P1010024.JPG

P1010028.JPG

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2317816

I'm looking forward to spending some more time hear as the project develops!

10. Ok...just returned from a 775 mile winter trip in our 65 chevy..woke up to 1/2 of freezing rain.
    Here's a pic..

Attached Files:

11. Sealed Power

Sealed Power
    from TN

Great looking seat!! Where did you get the fabric? Was it hard to find or is it available at most upholstery shops?

12. koolkemp

koolkemp

Haha I remember that offramp !

13. roscoe_butcher

roscoe_butcher

Heres a pic of my 64 longbox, I have had it since I got my license. Runs a 327 and a T56 6 gear.

Attached Files:

14. Tim G

Tim G

1/2 what of freezing rain?

i got caught in freezing rain the other night coming back from work, luckily i only had a mile and a half to drive, i wouldn't have wanted to drive far in it!

15. roscoe_butcher

roscoe_butcher

Heres my other 64 lovingly refered to as Booger. Looks like $**t but does its share around the place. Runs a 500 Caddy and 400 turbo, planning on a disc brake power steering conversion in a weekend coming up but I dont like parking it! Its been my daily driver, farm truck and scrap hauler for a while now.:cool:

Attached Files:

16. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Great looking shifter. Made one just like it for mine.
    Mine was defused and brought back from Dessert Storm.

17. Goatnut

Goatnut
    from Orting, WA

SP,
    I bought the fabric from SMS fabrics in Canby Oregon.
    http://www.smsautofabrics.com/
    This material is not available at your normal fabric stores. SMS seems to be the best source available for original fabrics and had this piece of original fabric in their store. It was a major Pain to get it from them though. They sent me a swatch that I identified as the stock fabric. I paid for two yards at 95.00/yrd and received 1.5 yards. It took two other shipments of incorrect fabric and 18 months to settle with them. Their phone receptionist is a bold faced liar and was as rude as they get. I am not at all happy with their service but in the end...they were the only source I could find with the material I wanted. I'm happy with the end result but do not look forward to ordering from them again.

18. ccstreetbob

ccstreetbob

Here are a few shots of my 66, my son and I should be starting on the build next month.

Attached Files:

19. jason65

jason65

Looks like you got a good base to work with.

20. chrisclarkcustoms

chrisclarkcustoms
    from las vegas

...i should have kept this one.

Attached Files:

21. ccstreetbob

ccstreetbob

Thanks, she's real solid, no rust through anywhere. I spent about 3 months looking at it before I pulled the trigger. I really wanted to find something earlier than 63'. All of the vehicles I looked at in our area were real rust buckets, and I knew that my metal skills and time wouldn't allow for that big of a project. The 66' has a freshly rebuilt 350/350 combo and some of the suspension already done. 1st priority is to get her stopping and steering. We should be seeing some progress by the end of Jan.

CC

22. Tim G

Tim G

i just found this one on Craigs list and as it was too good a bargain to miss but i had no spare cash so i told my friend Bear about it... he picked it up from the docks last week, it's better that we could have hoped for!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. hershambob

hershambob

cool tim,i never relised how wide those trucks are until i tried to get my old 66 in the garage

24. blackmopar

blackmopar
    from fallbrook

good to know Hooligan - If it takes me any longer to get my shit rolling, might have to hit you guys up - Im just south of Temecula

25. Churchy

Churchy

Now that I have browsed through all 46 pages of the 60-66 thread I thought I would throw mine on here for shits and grins. This 1966 GMC will be my project over the next couple years. It was purchased for too much money for what little it had to offer. But, I couldn't pass up this rusty POS. As soon as it warms up and I am settled into my new home the teardown will begin.

[​IMG]

26. ccstreetbob

ccstreetbob

That's a good lookin' ride Churchy! It looks like it already been lowered a bit, any work done by the previous owner?

27. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

That sits perfect....how much is it dropped? Tire Size?

28. Churchy

Churchy

All that you see is what the previous owner had done. I'm not sure what the drop is on it. It has drop shackle rear and cut coil front and is rolling on 275-60-15-rear and 205-75-15-front.

Plan is to strip it down to the frame and bag it. I do like the rusty shop truck look but have decided that since this will be my daily driver, its all going to be repaired.

Teardown was started before the cold set in and I will start a build page as soon as I get a bit further into it.

29. hurleyma99

hurleyma99
    from Tennessee

Just picked up this 63 a few months ago for almost nothing. Have plans to replace the straight 6 and 3spd for a 350\th350 and in process of putting ps and pb in it. Original owner said engine was leaking from rear main so he sold it for $350. Got it home and saw it leaking from a bad oil pressure censor. Replaced it and motor runs perfect. Still going to replace it though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  30. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

I have to ask... what is this loop on the bumper for? Cattle pusher for rounding up the critters? Some kind of a brush guard?

Nice find!

-W