Register now to get rid of these ads!

****custom grille ideas on a 52 chevy fleetline

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod hmwrecker, Jan 9, 2010.

1. John Denich

John Denich

Yup thats the beauty of building a Kustom.....you get to do what ever you want to your car! Be honest Ian how many cars have you seen that are totally fucked because someone just changed shit to change it! Remember that 63 Impala SS we saw together that had the flames cut out of it everwhere...I think it was at Pomona! If your building a wild custom like yours yes change the grille and customize that area, but if its a mild custom or semi custom, I can't see changing the grille.....just my opinion!!!!

2. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

HAHAHA!! I'm with you homie!!!! I remember the impala!!!:eek::D I totally get what you're saying bro...... Just messing withcha!!!:) GNRS HOMIE!!!!:)

You mean this Impala?? HAHAHAHA!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  3. fitzee

fitzee

Think I`m going to be sick

4. hotrod hmwrecker

hotrod hmwrecker
    from BFE of DFW

Me Too! Somebody must have liked it tho. They took pics :eek: Just kidding! It did have a cool steering wheel.:)

Damn I think it has a Texas plate...WHAT SHAME

5. hotrod hmwrecker

hotrod hmwrecker
    from BFE of DFW

[​IMG]I want to chop it like markx did the gas monkey fleetline so it will be a nice custom but it will be much later...so I will finish it. Gotta get it on the road first so I am fully vested. I have everything...motor, trans, rearend,mustang II& air ride. Still gathering tho

6. outlaw1949

outlaw1949

Very cool!!!:D

7. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

That is one killer grill,its subtle but wow,looks awesome.very kustom

8. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Ian,i gotta tell you,that paint is hypnotic,cant keep my eyes of the damn thing!

9. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

HAHA!!! Crazy stuff man!!!! Trick photography i guess, I didn't take these pics! A stranger took them and Emailed them to me!!!

10. teddyp

teddyp

a few 49-52 chevy grille treatments

Attached Files:

11. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

That Impala is the Shit! Whats the price?

12. John Denich

John Denich

I don't know Ian and I walked away!!! It was SS with low miles...I wanted to punch the guy that owned it in the face!!! he was bragging how it was a freshly restored car that he started with!

13. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

HAHA:D Yeah he butchered it up pretty good. Someone should have taken his tools away a long time ago.

14. Amoros

Amoros

15. Here's one with a desoto.

Attached Files:

16. fitzee

fitzee

Bring this one up agian to see if there is any new ideas?? Some good ones here would like to see more..

17. DrJ

DrJ

If a '53 Chevy grill looks better in a '52 Chevy than the stock one did then does that mean the '53 Chevy looks best with it's stock grill?
    And if it doesn't and you would change the '53 Chevy also to yet something else, wouldn't the '52 Chevy look better with that yet something else grill too?

At some point we have to say "this car has the right grill right from the factory," like any early '50's Desoto does, if you can find one that hasn't been robbed to put in a '49 Mercury... :rolleyes:

You want different just to be different? put a '53 Ford grill bar/"propeller" and spinner in that Chevy. It's the nicest looking grill Ford did in the '50's

18. jcs64

jcs64

"Like $6 each at your local VW store"

Whats a VW store? First thing that comes to mind is JC Whittney.
    Does anyone have a length on those Bumper ends?

Jeff