Register now to get rid of these ads!

hand made hotrod. who said it couldn't be done

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pat Pryor, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

it would of been cool but i kinda wanted it to look stock. i actually saw a guy at the jalopy showdown last year with a model T bottom half of a body and a model A coupe top on it was pretty cool. i also think they got a pic of it in one of those hotrod mags that coverd the show.

2. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

3. just damnnnn. amazing.

4. freebird101

freebird101

can you start over you lost me at researching :D

5. Abomination

Abomination

6. themachine

themachine

7. skyrodder

skyrodder

You have Talent..... how much to make me a 40 merc coupe??

8. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

whatya got?

9. stilldreamin

stilldreamin
    from Arkansas

Excellent thread. Amazing skills.

10. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

doin work again .so i decided to finish up the cowl.

made small c channel
    [​IMG]

tacked it to the cowl

[​IMG]

threw some heat on it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

not done yet maybe ill finish up tonight

brEad likes this.
  11. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

12. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

Pat, what you have done is amazing. Can't wait to see you get it on the road

13. dozerjim

dozerjim

way cool!!!!!!

14. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

cowl done maybe ill paint this weekend just need to do the visor and finish the passenger door latch and window.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. strawberry

strawberry

now theres a hatrod, and a great one to boot, way to go , @##$%%!!~^&%$ wish I had it, he he he, I am inspired to get back to my projects,

16. New favorite build! This shits RAD! Keep going!!!!!

17. bigroy

bigroy

Damn that's awesome

18. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

thanks guys. strawberry. go get to work summers rite around the corner .. well for you its all year round haha.

19. rokcrln

rokcrln

I just blew through your build (no time right now to read) and it looks great! So what tools do you have for shaping and doing the body lines and window beads and what not? I am getting ready to start my own Hand built Hot Rod in the next few months just waiting to finish up a few customer builds first so I can spend all my time on it. Keep up the great work!!

Kevin
    LFD Inc.

20. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Nice work. Its good to see a youngster like yourself with much
    talent.

21. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

well the tools i use the most are shrinker strecher ,bead roller and a break, a english wheel is handy for some things also. at the time i was doing the doors i made a punch to do the bead around the windows then i got better with the bead roller to do the rear windows. cool cant wait to see your build. also check out that guy who built that weesner painting inspired truck. that guys real good. im shootin for that quailty in my next build.

22. rokcrln

rokcrln

So Pat I finally had the time to go back and read the entire build thread and it is just great what you have done. It is funny because you look at some of the early pics and can see it is hand made (no disrespect at all). Then you see the body setting out side at your friends house and WOW it sure would be nice to find one like that out behind the barn! Very inspiring to watch. I have had several sleepless nights going back over my renditions and tweaking areas and I find my self at work thinking up better ways to build bucks and jigs to speed up production.

What have you been using for the body lines/beads?

Kevin
    LFD Inc.

So do I spot part of a roadster in the back ground??

Attached Files:

23. Pat,

this thing is amazing. can't wait to see what you do with your next build. You make it look and sound easy. even though I know it's not.

Rokcrln,

I've watched your work on many of your projects on the truck site. I have always been impressed. I look forward to your build too. I'm sure it will be stellar.

24. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

thanks. yes sleepless nights are the best cause the next day you know exactly how to do it. my favorite is the challenging stuff cause your always thinking of how to build it quicker and better. plus you have to do it with the little tools you have.

yea thats a roadster pickup for my buddy i had the cowl and i just made 2 dummy doors and 2 back curves. that was only about an hours worth of work.

keep your eyes out for my next build in a few months a 32roadser it should me pretty cool. i got to finish up a few bodies before i start that.

25. a fellow here in florida did a pickup much the same way.. you have to look at it twice to realize its not henry's work... good luck

26. Same thing I'm doing but mine is a '27 T. Could you give me the specs on it? I'm stuck on the door dimensions and the Turtle Deck dimensions.

27. lowongas

lowongas

WOW...x3 what he said..LOL..Totally cool..!! Now make me one..:D

28. golden31

golden31
    from Omaha, NE

Wow man, You have some serious skills! That is friggin awesome!

29. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

cool man i would like to see it. i am working on a 27 roadster i do have original doors i could take all the measurements for you and pics if your building a roadster. but if you are buildin a coupe or sedan i dont have any door measurements. and im going to wing my turtle deck i dont know anyone with a 26 27 roadster by me.

30. Get off the hamb. And get back to work...