Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hill Country Street Rods 2010 Casey Memorial

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by duce gurl, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Hard Luck

Hard Luck

It's raining like a sonofabitch out here. Looks like we're going to get some breakfast, load up and head back to Sherman. This rain sucks !

-Aaron

2. Dirty2

Dirty2

Rain date May 2 .

3. bigken

bigken

Confirming reschedule date - May 2..............thanks Rusty.

4. kisam

kisam

Well it was worth the drive over this morning just to see everyone. Thanks to all of the "HAMB Guys" for making Ty feel welcome! I think he has moved to the dark side. Can you hear the wheels turning? We had to discuss burnouts on the way home and then he tells me "I think I want to drive a Model A Coupe to highschool".

[​IMG]

He really liked Skotz 32

[​IMG]

5. seatex

seatex

WOW, look at that smile! Yep, you guy's have ruined him......... "CASEY APPROVED", no doubt!
    Sorry I missed it!

6. Sanders

Sanders

It was well worth the drive down there!

7. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Hi guy, good to get to meet you! Car looks great.....:D.....Hope to see you on the 2nd.

8. Kathy,
    Glad you and Ty were able to make the "Parking Lot Drag Races:D"....you've raised a good kid there(even if his first guess of the engine being a Hemi instead of a Flathead:rolleyes:!!!)....and the "High School Model A" is just flat cool.....see what a "bad" influence you are on him:eek:....hahaha
    See y'all soon

9. Cory,
    It was great meeting you Saturday.....this was one of the good side effects of folks showing up in spite of the rain:cool:.....with less people and chaos I was able to "really meet some folks:D"...and....The HAMB World" is gonna be seeing more of 'ol Cory!

10. kisam

kisam

Skotz - at least the plugs were angled right for a Hemi. :) He is now rethinking the 69 Fastback Mustang. Oh, and he is now going steady with "the hottest girl in school" - you should see his smile now!

Doc - it was good to see you!

Cory - You need to post a picture of your car. You have done a great job and it was good to meet a new friend. Casey would have liked it!
    Kathy

11. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Glad to hear about a rain date! Makes up for the rest of the crappy weekend I had.

12. Slonaker

Slonaker

I can definitely see how someone could make that mistake with the plugs and wires coming out of the center of the head.

I'll try again to meet up with eveyone on the 2nd...

Slonaker

13. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Wait I thought it was a hemi too!!! It's heavy, parts cost a ton, speed parts start fist fights, they still run slow, they have wires sticking out of the head, the only 2 motors you see in 32 fords, they run slow!!! How can you tell?

14. Big Tony

Big Tony

How bout putting Ty in Collins coupe... i could see collin smiling seeing a young kid with passion making passes in it, just as he did so many years ago... maybe even have ol Uncle Daniel to get him started as well.... can't wait til the 2nd... gonna have to miss my daughters B--day party but. I plan of bring my golf cart, maybe Ty can drive me around and we can look at rods together

15. Sanders

Sanders

Great to meet all of you guys! I will try to slow the coupe down to snap a pic.

16. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Alright gang, Rain date has been set.........:cool:.......For May 2, 2010....That will give us Three RACE DATES in May..... So let's get ready for some great fuel fumes...and tire SM:DKE.... Get the word out!!!

17. bigken

bigken

Sorry I missed the party, but it won't happen again.
    Good job, Kathy, boy sounds like he's on the right track.
    cya soon........

18. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Not a problem, big guy....:cool:.... I know you will be there when it counts. See tou there on the 2nd. ;)

19. kisam

kisam

Where were you? I told him he was going to meet Santa.;)

20. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Any suggestions as to where to have the parking lot party on Saturday, May 1st. Apparently "Collin's Hotel" is not up to par for most folks :eek:!! CHIME IN!!!!

21. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

This weekend May 2nd, wanta race? This is the place!!!

22. bigken

bigken

See ya there, Bill.......

Ron - what hotel we usin'? Big Tony, myself, and several others stayed at the Fairfield for DOD last year. last year. On Loop 363 & S. 31st...........

23. seatex

seatex

I'll be there on Sunday!

24. kisam

kisam

What - Santa doesn't camp? I'll be there, probably just Saturday since I am on call at work:mad:.

25. Wesley

Wesley

I finally got my barn finished, so I will be able to make it Sunday.

26. Hummmm, I sure seem to fit in here somewhere:rolleyes:....now I have to figure out which engine is in there....hahaha

27. Yeaaa, bring some pictures of the project barn. Glad you'll be able to make it.

28. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Softy!!!!! :D:D:D

29. duce gurl

duce gurl
    from Keller

Collin wearing his Pushrod Helment & Glasses :cool:, Ron, myself, Kelly, Mike O, Tim & the whole gang are staying at the "good" :rolleyes: hotel! (Old habits are hard to break :p) Our ETA will be around 3 or 4 on Saturday and the PARKING LOT PARTY will start immediately following arrival:D:eek: or shortly before;)!!!!! Hope to see ya all there for the final send off..........Catered by Pizza Hut of Temple (You pay you eat:D)

LET'S GO RACIN'

30. kisam

kisam

So the racing will be on Sunday??