Register now to get rid of these ads!

Reliabilty run on May 30th for those who don't wanna go to Santa Maria

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnnykck, Mar 10, 2010.

1. studhud

studhud

"Sir Gandalf the Napa Wizard?"

awesome..

Dave Hitch

2. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

someone has been bloggin too much. yes i am going to drive the roadster.. only on odd number days am i a chopper fag..

3. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

I'm in and i'll try and recruit some others too Johnny, sounds like a blast!
    cheers,
    cab

4. johnnykck

johnnykck

Sorry guys, I haven't been maintaining this thread, Have had a lot of crap to deal with since my shop got broken into.
    Anyway, a couple of the Road Zombies drove the route of the run last sunday and it looks like it's gonna be a blast to drive. Very nice back roads leading out to the pinnacles from hollister and then back to a very old bar called the 19th hole, it was a brothel about 100 years ago, they have some great food. After that every body goes back to the Hotel for an afterparty or drives back home.

The hotel that we are staying at is the Wiebe hotel in Hollister, phone # 831-637-5801. Some guys are staying sunday night instead of driving back home and having a party, a few guys are getting there saturday night and are making a weekend out of it. The Motel is a nice little Motel that was built in the late sixties, as far as I know. It has a pool in the center of the parkinglot and lots of parking around the pool and all the rooms a facing towards the pool on the outside perimeter.

5. yeah,I heard the 19th Hole re-opened..Its a great place for drinks/lunch AND its a Clamper bar,and i being a Clamper,means free drinks!Sounds like ts gonna be a great weekend...

6. SILVERRACER

SILVERRACER
    from I dunno

What is a clamper?

7. Sounds like this is right up my alley. 25 is a great road and those folks coming up from Santa Maria can take a killer drive up out of King City and hook up with 25 and come into Hollister the back way. Wish I had a roadster instead of a pig slow 216 powered slug with dodgy steering, but it made it to Hollister once before so I think I will be there. Oh and hopefully Super Taqueira is still open in Hollister, mmmmmmm

"Whats a Clamper?" uh oh, if you like history & liquor you will find out!

8. Chuck R

Chuck R

It sounds like fun. Instead of Santa Rosa I will head to Hollister. Let's do it.
    chuck

Johnny,
    Sorry to hear about your shop.

chuck

9. Added bonus for those of us who like old stuff there is a vintage air show at the Hollister Airport this year too! The Airport is only about 5-10 minutes out of town so there is something else to do as well. San Juan Batista is also just down the road from Hollister and is a bitchen old town as well.

http://www.ksbw.com/news/22782464/detail.html

10. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

And old brothel called the 19th hole? Hmm.......very interesting.

11. Chuck R

Chuck R

I heard Tiger Woods bought it and had it restored.:)

chuck

12. OUCH!...But with a name like that,i knew there would be a Tiger reference sooner or later...

And yes,Clampers love History and Booze...Historical drinking society?Drinking historical society? 150+ years and counting.....

13. Hard to explain. Try this,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E_Clampus_Vitus

Been going to Redbeard's Fall Reliability Runs since day one. They are a gas. The conflict with Santa Maria got me last year and I chose SM. Man oh man , decisions, decisions. This one sounds great.......

14. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i will be driving back from Soledad that day, not to far out of the way...

15. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

its a go for me - sm on thurs thru sat . cruise on sunday , anybody else ?

16. Me and the missis' will be there...

17. Good! Save space in the trunk for the Chevy!

18. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

you got it man ....

19. hot rod newt

hot rod newt

Sounds better than sittin' at the show all weekend. Plus the roadster looks better goin' down the road than in a show. We'll be there...

20. Santa Maria is the new improved Paso. ............Like you said " At least not yet "
    Its getting better each year. The biggest complaint was no cruise. Well Its back. Friday night from 7pm to 9pm in front of the Santa Maria inn.
    You can see some of the greatest Kustoms built and their builders. From the people just starting out along side people like Bill Hines, Gene Winfeild, Frank DeRosa, Rod Powell, Darryl Hallenbeck, Keith Dean and many others. Only at the West Coast Kustoms 29th annual Cruisin Nationals.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  21. KIRK!

KIRK!

Matt and I are going.

22. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

is it true you are both squeezing into the Legion Special like a two man luge ??

23. KIRK!

KIRK!

All true.

24. johnnykck

johnnykck

Can't wait to see all of you there, it's gonna be a good time.

25. redbeard

redbeard

Man, I have been so busy trying to build my car I missed this post all together.

I am really looking forward to this run.

And some of us from the North Bay are actually going to meet up on Sat. and drive down the Santa Cruz mountains to watsonville and then to Hollister, and stay at the Weibe hotel.

In my mind this is not about paso maria or kustoms vs hot rods.

This is about driving your old car with a bunch of other old cars on back roads and small hwys.

If you are into that, come have fun.

If you are not, go enjoy your self at the fairgrounds.

If you want to join us for the Sat. run to the run,

We are going to meet at the Sea Bowl in Pacifica, on May 29th

Meet at 10:30 am leave by 11:00 am
    At the Sea Bowl
    4625 Coast Highway, Pacifica, CA
    end up in Hollister at The Wiebe Motel
    1271 San Felipe Rd., Hollister, CA 831-637-5801
    For the Road Zombies Reliability Run
    On Sunday May 30th at 9am meet at
    Marshall Vintage Automotive, 396 4th Street, Hollister, CA

Also this is not a big hotel, so if you want a room, I would call soon.

Last year there were two guys that had driven to Santa Maria on Friday, went to the show on Saturday, and drove up for the run on Sunday.

that sounds like a good weekend to me, and sounds like some of you guys are already thinking the same thing.

See you down there.

ps johnny, you guys got to make it more than 80 miles, tell billy I'll put a gas can in the roadster for their bikes. It should be at least 100 miles, but usually it is 150. Even if you have a hot rod, it should be able to go 100 miles between gas stops.

Barbone

26. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Hmmmm... The truck should be all debugged by this time. Hmmm.

27. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Hotel is reserved! I'm in... Better get the damn truck done!

28. cadillac nut

cadillac nut

i am doing both , it is about driving them , and yes make it longer , drive drive ....also might have some room left in my trunk for gas ! gotta keep room for uncle pancakes chevy ...haha.....

29. redbeard

redbeard

Right on Scotty,
    I am glad you are going to make it.

maybe we will have to drive the run twice so we can get in the 150 mile minimum, ;)

I am sure it will be a fun weekend.

For those that have not gone before, here is a pic and a link to last years run with video, thanks to Jim Luke

[​IMG]

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365056&highlight=may+mystery+run

See you all there.

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  30. Chuck R

Chuck R

These runs have been the best of the year for me! Always fun, great people, fantastic cars, and beautiful roads. It doesn't get any better.

chuck