Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Jalopy Showdown 2010.....Mudd, Moonshine, Mayhem, and...Balloon Animals???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, May 18, 2010.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

and oh, lots of stainless! :D

Well last weekend was a tough decision for me. Drive 8 hours each way to the Jalopy Showdown in York SPrings, PA, an event I've been going to for years, OR stay home and drive 20 miles to BilletProof Detroit. Well even though I love my Michigan pals and would loved to have had the opportunity to spend time with them at BilletProof's new venue I also love my east coast pals and since I don't get to see them too often AND because the Jalopy Showdown is such an AWESOME event, I chose to head east for the weekend. Boy am I glad I did!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thankfully it was a very uneventful day behind the wheel and before I knew it I'd traveled not only south outta Michigan but east outt Ohio into PA
    [​IMG]

Saw this HUGE hauler with all these metal animals and art work on board
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

About 4:30 I pulled into the venue......the first time in in about 6 years that I made it there before dark.
    [​IMG]

The Rochester boys had the camping area already set up and ready to go so basicly my job for the weekend was strickly socializing and it wasn't too long before pals were stopping by with warm greetings......and stainless trim pieces!!

Word was out what I was "collecting", stainless car trim piece to trim out the inside windows in my new kitchen. Spike was the first to stop on his very cool bike. Thanks so much Spike I appreciate you thinking of me. Great seeing you again.
    [​IMG]

In return he, and the others, got bags of freshly baked cookies as a thank you.
    [​IMG]

Shortly after BangerMatt showed up with....you guessed it, more stainelss:D GREAT seeing you and your Dad again Matt and THANKS so much for the roadster ride around the track.
    [​IMG]

The guys then start grilling dinner.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

and after we ate we took a walk around the infield to check out the cars and vendors that were set up
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Scott_Rod, Dave AKA House of Fab, and Mike AKA Big Chief, holding the mag from last years event that Bangermatt and I were on the cover of in Matt's roadster.
    [​IMG]

We then headed back to the camp area as it was getting time for the Meet & Drink. Lots of HAMB folks showed up for alittle socializing. Special thanks to Sir Woosh for bringing not only the name tags BUT the fixins for BALLOON ANIMALS! Who would have ever imagined there would EVER be balloon animals at an adult HAMB function?:D

Great to finally meet you in person sweetie! Thanks for making the M&D so much fun!
    [​IMG]

Sir Woosh and Mrs Junior
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tim AKA 1Low52
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

VA Hamb
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You guessed it, Sir Woosh is a professional clown and had the coolest shaped balloons
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[​IMG]

29PU sitting and Peter AKA BeatnikPirate, WONDERFUL meeting and chatting with both of you!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The moonshine was FLOWING
    [​IMG]

The apple pieces inside were delicious
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We had all the fixins for somores
    [​IMG]

In years past everyone was bundled in chairs close to the fire. Friday night it was still warm and muggy and folks were keeping their distance but we still needed to fire for ambiance and to see. Sure gets dark in the woods at night.
    [​IMG]

Hot Tony...moonshine and somores :D
    [​IMG]

Patterson
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hot Rodeo Ed and Junior, GREAT hanging out with both of you too again
    [​IMG]

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[​IMG]

I couldn't decide between the Strawberry or the Apple Pie:D
    [​IMG]

Lots and lots of socializing......
    [​IMG]

and some picnic table back rubs..."Tony...you're suppose to turn around"
    [​IMG]

Patterson's got the right idea
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not sure what time the party ended, I went to bed about 1am with my camera. Ya never leave your camera out with drunks. ;)

5. Vintage_Vixen

Vintage_Vixen

This is a great post! Sarah and I were lurking around that night but we didn't hang around for long because we didn't know anyone. Although I did meet HotRodEd that night... If only I knew what I was in for the next day with him. hahaha

6. Deathtrap Kustoms

Deathtrap Kustoms

Was there any cars involved in this show. I mean I love me some guys drinking shots but this is a car web site, right?????

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

SATURDAY morning came way too quickly. I woke up at 7am to SUMO over the loudpseaker welcoming everyone to the JALOPY SHOWDOWN!

I crawled outta the tent tofind the boys working on the roadster
    [​IMG]

I cleaned up, changed clothes and parked Big Olds on the infield. Almost right away I ran into Tommy (on the right). Great seeing ya again sweetie. The gentleman on the right is no other then Al AKA 41Hemi. It was wonderful meeting you. Thanks so much for coming up and introducing yourself. Looking forward to chatting again next year.
    [​IMG]

I then started walking around checking out cars
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I then climbed up the little tower and took a few shots from above
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shows the entrance to the infield
    [​IMG]

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

YOU haven't been around here long enough to give ME shit about my adventure threads so back off dude.

9. loranzo46

loranzo46
    from pa

And this show isnt all about the cars its the people too that make this show. Its a haul for sum and im glad to see them post there adventures to and during the show. It sucks in away theres no pictures posted to show how many cars or people there really was. Good post of good times!

10. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Major Kudos to the Rochester gang! Great smores and more! Was like meeting old friends for the first time. Thanks much for sharing all the stuff you brought!

I now know why everyone goes on about these famous Denise cookies! I got the better end of the trade for stainless trim. Sure hope it works out well in your plans.

I can't remember everyones name, but I'll never forget the good times shared by all......................
    It was truly the best get together ever assembled!

THANKS AGAIN ALL ! ! ! !

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

From the infield, this is a shot of our camp area, give to give folks a perspective of the layout
    [​IMG]

Howeird46Chev, GREAT meeting you sweetie! Thanks so much for the surprise you left for me in Big Olds. Very much apprecaited!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sir Woosh and BeatnikPirate's rides
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

You guys know how I love Oldsmobiles. Lots of them in attendance
    [​IMG]

Howeird46Chev's Chevy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BangerMatt's new roadster that he just finished
    [​IMG]

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Terrarodder's ride, didn't get to see him except a quick wave as he was leaving....bummer
    [​IMG]

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Stopped and checked out 40Luv's new ride and got the chance to chat. Great seeing ya again sweetie. You did a fabulous job on the car
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FlamedAbone's ??
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really want a wagon....this one was cool
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Spike!

Spike!

New here? Read any other posts about the show or any of Denise's adventures? No? Then shut the fuck up.

Spike

16. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Oh SNAP!:eek: Hahahaha!:p

Hey Spike...

Nice pics, Denise!

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  17. Spike!

Spike!

Besides..I'm the one who makes stupid posts around here.

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally ran into Megan and it just so happened Cruznbrucie, John, and HotRodSurfer were lurking around as well.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

ahahahaha...priceless

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

Deathtrap Kustoms must not realize that without the people there would not be any cars. But in the meanwhile I think Denise should tell him how she really feels. Go for it Sugar.......

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

22. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Great! See you next year if not sooner. Best show. Slim

23. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Hey Loranzo,This show is about the cars and the the people that built them too.No Snobs,cry babies,wheres my trophy crap.Thats what makes this such a great event.Come over to the right coast next year and check it out!!!Great job Denise. Fedcospeed:D

24. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I wish every show was the Jalopy Showdown. The people, the place, and the cars are just perfect!

I can't believe how hard it was to keep finding you all weekend, there were definitely a lot more people there!

25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Ran into and got to chat with Jen AKA MetalHotRodGirl. I really enjoyed our conversation sweetie. You're a very talented young lady. Keepup the great job and hopefully our paths will cross again this summer
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Earl Schieb...I checked out the size of the hood on this ElCamino, it's perfect for our "project" :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Don't you know when the queen of comentary is writing you wait til the end for your questions to be answered. Please get to the mud part soon haha great to see you again denise

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Redz Rodz's ride
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I LOVED this Chevy!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

HRM2K's very cool ride. GREAT seeing and hanging out you you all weekend sweetie. Thanks so much for NOT taking and posting a photo this year of me with a towel on my head after my shower.:p
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I can't Ed, long day, I'm exhausted, it's time for bed. I'll finish tomorrow morning.....sorry, xoxox

29. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

question...how can some people here be online but their little red light isn't on? I thought it was only the mods that had this feature...or is it something that only the elite hamb'rs have? :D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  30. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

i feel warm & fuzzy inside, denise has a pic of my rod in her adventure coverage ,that sounds dirty ,maybe muddy?