Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Jalopy Showdown 2010.....Mudd, Moonshine, Mayhem, and...Balloon Animals???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, May 18, 2010.

1. voodoochili

voodoochili

AWESOME!!! Great thread as usual!

2. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

As always...Great thread! Thanks for the coverage Denise!

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

No problem, easy to miss in a long thread. Paulie's the one that posted the info. I hope to see alot of my HAMB pals ther as well. Perhaps you can make that one.

4. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Another great adventure. Thanks for taking us along.
    Looks like deathtrapkustoms wont get any cookies for a while.
    Dont we avoid "death traps" on this here partien with our like-minded hot rod friends social site?

5. NoSurf

NoSurf

The next best thing to being there is reading your Adventure Thread.

Thank you.

6. COS

COS
    from KCMO

Great thread!! Thanks for the coverage!! But man the quote and pic below just sounds so wrong!! :rolleyes: LOL

Jen getting ready to take some action shots athogh by the look of her back she's already taken a few.:D
    [​IMG]

7. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Awesome. Looks like soooo much fun. Maybe next year I'll get there.

8. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Denise, thanks for letting us tag along on your adventure (even if it is vicariously). You have an eye for the cars, but also an eye for the action which makes it all the more real.

This has to be one of best looking custom '59s I have ever seen.

Attached Files:

• 097.jpg
      097.jpg
      File size:
      73.6 KB
      Views:
  9. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

That's a fact I have to read on the HAMB everything that I missed when I was there. Denise misses nothing.:D

10. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

Good seeing you again Denise, and thanks for the full report! That day went by way too fast.

11. well thank you denise for my 15 minutes of fame and I am looking for a rematch someday.
    oh and cumberland doesn't look to far away haahhaa.

12. 2002p51

2002p51

Great post once again, Denise. You always do it up right.
    But there's only one thing missing; where are the shots of Big Olds in the mud? :D

13. Carrie Jo

Carrie Jo

Denise - I probably won't be making it to Cumberland this year and I'm destroyed over it. When you go, I hope you photographically document it like you did this year's Showdown! No one from my crew ever posted photos of last year's trip. And I think someone here even had photos of the regata! I was promised they'd be posted and never saw them! SAD FACE!

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

So Sunday monring dawned bright and beautiful. By the time I crawled outta the tent the Rochester Boys had all their tents down and everything packed up. man those boys are earlier risers. I got up at 8am and those boys were ready to roll.
    [​IMG]

I just loved this roadster and the owner DROVE it from NY, unlike some of the cars that were on trailers heading to the back field to be unloaded.:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Patterson's which was also driven from NY
    [​IMG]

Then the boys started hooking up their little campers and pulling out
    [​IMG]

Big Cheif driving "Uncle Jessie" and pulling his camper....that he shared with Hot Tony.
    [​IMG]

Hot Tony in his truck
    [​IMG]

Over the course of a couple of hours folks wandered over, said good-gye and they took off for home
    [​IMG]

Action Girl
    [​IMG]

Scary Larry and Kim
    [​IMG]

Then there were three......
    [​IMG]

well.....and kinda a fourth I guess :D
    [​IMG]

We made Mountain Pies for breakie
    [​IMG]

I finally turned my phone on after it got muddy and wet in my pocket. Still worked BUT it is time for a new one I guess
    [​IMG]

I loaded up the stainless.....
    [​IMG]

and the other stuff
    [​IMG]

and hit the highway. Megan and Matt in Megan's Chevy and me in Big Olds. At the gas station we both filled up and parted ways as I was taking the turnpikes back home and they were taking a different route back to OH.
    [​IMG]

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Alittle over 8 hours and I was back in Michigan......
    [​IMG]

and unloading my bootie
    [​IMG]

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all my awesome pals that swaped stainless for cookies. :D I'd also like to thank my Rochester NY pals for taking such good care of us during the weekend. It's nice not to have to "plan" anythng for a weekend except just to show up. Thank you all.

I'd also like to add I've been going to events from coast to coast for many years. Larry's got a winning combination for sure......great people, great location, great cars, great staff, great date, the list goes on and on. The Jalopy Showdown is a distination event not to be missed in my world.

Larry and crew, from the bottom of my heart thank you so much for all your hard work. You made all of us feel like part of your hot rod family. I'm looking forward to seeing and hanging out with you guys again real soon. xoxoxox

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I usually do unless I'm under a time restraint.

has never happened, and never will. I love my paint job too much.;)

I hope you do go, you make events that much more fun. :cool:

I couldn't agree with you more...WAY too fast!:(

I was thinking the exact same thing.

It's an event like nothing else I've ever been to. You won't be disappointed my friend.

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Will do sweetie, I'll check it out.

Like in never. :rolleyes::D

:D Get your mind outta the gutter :p

18. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

Denise....I said it before and I'll say it again you never disapoint us when you cover one of your trips, hot rods and good times, doesn't get any better than that.................:D

19. 2002p51

2002p51

Aw come on, like somebody else said, it's only mud. ;) That's what soap and water is for!

Actually, I'm with ya. I'd like to bring the modified up there and do some laps, but I'd give the heavy mud a wide birth! Not out of concern for the paint though, I'm just lazy enough I don't wanna have to clean it! :D

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

There are actually a couple of hoses there that if you wash the mudd off right away if comes off real easy. If you wait till it drys you have to scrub. I tell ya what, don't come with that modified and think that you're NOT going to hit the track. The urge is way to strong to avoid.

21. 2002p51

2002p51

Oh I know! Just looking at the photos I want to do it.

It was the same with the Autocross at Goodguys in Nashville last year.

I had to get out there!

22. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

great coverage denise as always! nice chattin with you and ill see ya around :)

23. If you look at the henry J
    It does kinda look like
    Lighting mcqueen in black doesn't it.
    Oh denise why didn't you put any shots of you in the mud
    Hahahaaha you always tell great storys about your trips
    See ya

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Cuz I don't have any. I hand my camera to someone just so it wouldn't get muddy and wet and there were no photos of the mudwrestling on it. You pal ratrod something or another has plenty though:eek:

The pleasure was ALL mine :D

25. [​IMG]

Hey Denise, Nice Jugs !

CBB

26. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Great thread, thank you for posting all the pictures.

Sorry we missed it, had company the whole week prior and now company again - we are/were "peopled out".

27. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Doesnt even have to be said, but GREAT coverage! Thanks Denise!

28. chopo

chopo

\\\

:) double fisting :eek:

29. Denise- I don't know how you manage to do it all, but again your usual GREAT coverage. See you soon I hope.
    Later,
    Dick

30. Vintage_Vixen

Vintage_Vixen

Denise, great post, I love all these pictures. They crack me up! Thanks for posting the shots of me face first in the mud with Ed on me. Every girl's dream. =P And we weren't staying warm in the car, I was trying to convince him to let me drive it- once I sobered up, OF COURSE!!! Well... I think that's what I was doing. I could be wrong though. LOL