Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Jalopy Showdown 2010.....Mudd, Moonshine, Mayhem, and...Balloon Animals???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, May 18, 2010.

1. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Denise
    We were really bummed that we didn't get to say Hi to you and Magan. I kind of hung around Big Olds hoping you'd come back.....but no dice!
    What a super show and thanks sooooo much for all the pix and commentary we had a great time.
    See ya soon.
    Butch

2. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

um...:rolleyes: Not THAT movie!

3. Brian C

Brian C

Here, maybe this one will do. Not really while you were wrestling just the aftermath.

[​IMG]

and of course......the cleaning up part!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  4. Brian C

Brian C

Denise, not looking to hijack your thread here. I just thought it was pretty cool Friday afternoon after all the thunderstorms, hail and tornado warnings in the area that the track never really got any rain. But we sure got a nice show at the end.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  5. davedeltadog

davedeltadog

Hi Denise
    It was great to see you, you're a sweet lady. It looks like you realy had a good time. I'm the dude in the light blue shirt. I'm moving south this summer, but you never know, I may see you again some day. Remember I told you we met at Syracuse years ago.
    Take care, Dave

6. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Hi Denise...nice to finally meet you and see the Big Olds. I stopped by Friday night for a quick hello..but had to split. Good luck with the stainless project..looks like you have lots to work with.

Also, I see that alot of folks stayed Saturday into Sunday..that's great that Larry is allowing this too...have to keep that in mind for next year. What a great show.

7. sawzall

sawzall

Denise

as always a pleasure to see you..
    I'll be at cumberland.. looking forward to your visit..

8. jerseymike

jerseymike

hey denise, it was nice meeting you and talking on saturday. you gave me a hard time for not coming on your threads and saying hi and thanks so, hi and thanks! all kidding aside great job with the pictures. someday i'll learn to post pics and contribute a little more. jerseymike

9. 29pu

29pu

hello denise.thanks for making me feel welcome at the meet and drink.met some people and had a great time.you have a great mom too.i got up early sat and hung out at the camp site and before i knew it ,it was 10:00.got a call from dad and he told me if i going to get in i better get over there that it was filling up.got slim pickens and a few friend in the truck and headed over.couldn`t get in the infield had to park along the road.i`m glad i made it.i hope you had a great adventure.

10. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Hey Denise! Great people pics! Love the cars too.

Cheers,

11. hrm2k

hrm2k

12. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Didn't get to meet you , Denise , but drooled all over your ride ... hope it didn't stain , lol !

13. Deadbird

Deadbird

Excellent thread as usual. Looks like a great event. We'll have to make it to one soon.

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

No worries, it wiped off OK. ;)
    Sorry I missed you. Next time for sure

You got yelled at for posting a photo of me after my shower with a towel on my head.:p

Nice meeting you as well. I remember chatting with you and giving you a hard time. See ya next year bud!

Appreciate ya stopping by even if it was just for a quickie. Looking forward to seeing and hanging out with you more next year.

I rememebr now, we chatted about the Syarcuse NY event and how I ran into the other guy from NY in the Black Hills. Nice seeing ya again.

I saw that full rainbow too while I was walking around the vendors Friday. Very cool.

I'm bummed I missed you.:(
    I need to put my cell number on Big Olds for friends that stop by:D

Thats a good one!:D

15. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

16. hershambob

hershambob

thanks for the coverage denise,looked like a lotta fun

17. Kramer

Kramer

I always love your posts, I wish you could get to more events, so I can go through you, as others have said. Thanks.

18. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Denise,
    I just now saw your adventure thread. It is one of the best threads ever, totally capturing the feel of the Showdown....the people, the cars, the camaradery & fun! Almost a week after the show, I'm still on a high. Looking thru your pictures brings back such good feelings, and at the same time shows me some things that I somehow missed.....there was so much to see! I can imagine how much your thread means to folks in distant places who couldn't be at the show in person. Thanks for taking the time to share your adventure. Hope to see you again soon. Maybe Cumberland...I never heard about it before. Take care!
    Peter

19. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

You are one in a million!!

20. Howeird46Chev

Howeird46Chev

Well Lady,,After enjoying your post for a while I was very glad be able to meet you and Megan in person. That being said, I have to say that you are truely the Queen of the HAMB and Megan must be the Princess. We are looking forward to you being at Cumberland because you really add a beautiful smile and a spark to the party. Beautiful cars and great people make for a wonderful time. Hugs, Howard

21. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Killer Pix. Sorry I couldn't make it. There's always next year .

P.S. - VOODOO like Moonshine; Moonshine Don't like VOODOO ! ! !

22. Never2low

Never2low

I think I'm in love.......

23. sololobo

sololobo

Thanks for this spectacular coverage, you are so sweet to take us to these events!! Love taking a trip and never leavin the farm. I am knocked out at all the hip iron at this event, hard to resist taking pix of the track, but wow -- all the great infield rides are smokin. Forgive the newbie for his uneducated rant, he didn't know who he was messin with. I rally love the shot of your little camp site with Big O sniffin the ground, Megans badass chevy lurkin, little gray hot rod in the forground, just a dreamy setting. Love ya all and miss ya all. ~Sololobo~

24. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

Great coverage. Really cool seeing all the rods with NO VALVE COVERS!!

25. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

What is that trim off of?

26. Thanks for takig the time to share your pics.

27. My favorite thread on here in a long time. Thanks for all the great pics and the stories. I really wanted to get there this year, but my daughter chose that weekend to get married down in NC.

28. Gorehound

Gorehound
    from Delaware

Great pics Denise! Nice to talk to ya again! now you grabbed both my ass cheeks...i am complete!:D

29. AHotRod

AHotRod

Will you come to Florida and do a HAMB REPORT on our Poor Boys - Billetproof Drags Day for me? .......... PLEASE :) ! I'll make you cookies :)

30. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

YOU TELL'EM DENISE!!!
    I love your adventure threads. They're great!

YOU GO GIRL!!!