Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lowriders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Dirt Diggler

Dirt Diggler

I wish they still were!

2. NumbNutz

NumbNutz

This is by far the coolest thread on the HAMB. Growing up in the El Lay area I liked both the Lowriders and the hopped up Chevelles and Camaros. To this day I remember going over my buddies house and helping his brother lower his charcoal gray 64 impala. Cut the coils. Free beer, cool as hell when your only 17.
    The car was bumpy as hell after but it was way cool. Nothing worse than a nice car that sits too high.
    Didn't have window tint back then, we used the Cal Custom spray tint. You would start at the top and spray and let it run down the window to tint it. The cops would always stop and ticket him. We would be out there scrapping it off the windows to clear his ticket and then spray it back on the next day.
    It was always a tough call cruising Whittier Blvd. Do you go on the west side where the lowriders were or go east down the same street to do some street racing in my 69 Roadrunner.
    Guess this explains my choice in cars.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  3. davis574ord

davis574ord

64s i think are overrated th 67 impala makes the best lookin lowrider i think!

4. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Sorry dude but how the hell do you see that? Plus, its written by the poster under the video that he has air cylinders.
    I know what you mean about the chain bridge, but still you need some kind of suckin device (insert comment here :D) to pull the wheel up!

Yeah pretty imbarrassing i say.

Now not to sound lame, but this thread got form "totally awesome" to "kinda kool" lateley, it got started to show og lows w/ mags or 14" wires, and all of a sudden thers only 13incher Draytons.
    Dont get me wrong, i can appreciate those, after all if theyre nice theyre nice. But theres a place for everything and this its the place for late 60s to late 70s style.
    Just try keep it on topic, this used to be awesome.

5. illstorm

illstorm
    from Atlanta Ga

I agree. Starting to look more like post your ride on lay it low. Need to get back to this.

Attached Files:

6. illstorm

illstorm
    from Atlanta Ga

And These.:)

Attached Files:

7. illstorm

illstorm
    from Atlanta Ga

Oh yea! Almost forgot about these.

Attached Files:

8. Dirt Diggler

Dirt Diggler

9. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

All right, thats more like it.
    Illstorm dude, that topless 'vair is sick! Wonder if it ever got finished.
    All the other pics were posted alredy but hell, every excuse to see'em again is good IMO.
    This is sick! Im glad he swapped the wide whites e caps w/ pinners and Supremes, looks way better. Did you scan the article yourself? Got more info on this Merc......wait!

Does the bottom left corner read LRM July 1997?
    If so he swapped that set of shoes for the www and caps just recently.Oh well, its his car and sure looks dope eitherway, but then again.......:cool:

Attached Files:

10. Dirt Diggler

Dirt Diggler

hyrthydth

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  11. Between this thread and a thread on vintage ramp trucks, I'm gettin' the itch to build something like a '32-'34 Ford 1 1/2 ton ramp truck (which I've had for awhile) except, put air to it. I mean... How cool would it be to just slam the whole truck on the ground, drive your car on and then raise it up and go...?

If anyone has pix/info on something like that, I'd be interested in having a look.

JOE:cool:

12. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

check this out post #162 click on the first smaller pic
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5622054#post5622054

13. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

Is Andy still doing Hydros? I heard he got into the tuner stuff. I remember cruising Tully story, king....heck all the way down to El Camino to sunnyvale!

14. Dirt Diggler

Dirt Diggler

ser4y

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  15. I was just at my Mom and Dads, looking at old pictures he scanned from their honeymoon. They had a blue '67, bought new a year before I was born. Also checking out the old pics of his panhead Electra Glide that was stolen while I was an infant, never to be found. Another cool pic of a '63 split window 'Vette rolling down the beach in Galveston, no doors or glass, next photo was a police car!

16. Check out the specials!
    "$595
    4 Tru-spoke 14x7 reverse, 4 520, 560, or D78 tires, 20 lugnuts, 4 chrome stems, mounted and balanced."
    "$299
    4 Cragar style mags, 4 520, 560, or D78 tires, 20 lugnuts, 4 chrome stems, mounted and balanced."
    Think that's still running? I got a coupon!

17. russ1403

russ1403

yeah she is kind of a dog:p,,thanks for the link:)

18. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Kool article on Speedaddict, i'll finish read it while off work.

19. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

20. Dirt Diggler

Dirt Diggler

It's actually about Andy Douglas but I'm pretty sure Speedaddict knows him personally as well. Andy is this dude in the trunk

[​IMG]

Found these vids online. Very inspiring work. I think I need to dust off all my unfinished models!!

<object height="385" width="640">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xxw--XSzVjk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="640"></object>

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HETNoIONrDM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

21. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

hell yeah...gary get's down on them models

22. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

23. Dirt Diggler

Dirt Diggler

god damn, those goats are bad as hell!

24. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Back in the late 60's-70's my Dad had a 1968 Ford Meteor that looked like this car. I always thought it would look cool as a lowrider, now I see the proof!

Attached Files:

25. Racewriter

Racewriter

I don't think that's the same Merc, unless he also shaved the front fender chrome and painted it gold.

26. lowlife matt

lowlife matt

This thread has inspired me with the build of 64. This is my dream car and Ive always loved early low rider style. I wouldn't have it any other way.
    Next comes a silver flake roof and air ride.

Attached Files:

27. 4406

from Oklahoma

.Nice car Matt

28. mundog64

mundog64
    from 90717

nice impala. i love that blue. that's my choice for rims too.

ray

29. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I think someone edited my post... :D I had feelings of this happenin b4...:eek:
    Yeah i know it was about Andy Douglas, i meant to say thanx to Speedaddict cuz i thought he did post the link, now i see it was you who did. Andy's Hydraulics was a pioneering shop. History of Lowriding in its golden age!