Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Falcons done right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guiseart, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Just picked this up today.

Its getting parted out and the rest scrapped.

It looks pretty on top, but the front subframe is rusted and broken. SHE IS BAAAAD.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Oldgrog

Oldgrog

Hey
    Being Australian i have been raised with nothing but falcons.
    My first car was a XM 1964 falcon with 250 2V then a John Goss special 302c 4 speed after that was a ZH 1977 Fairlane 351c then a XL 1962 ute with a 302w top loader and 9'' then i had a family and had family falcons an ED 1993 XR6 folowed by a EL 1996 fairmont wagon which i droped an XR6 motor then when i returned from service in East Timor i purchased a BA 2005 XR8 falcon 5.4 which i sold just before being deployed to Afghanistan.
    The last 5 years i have been building another XM 1964 Falcon which i will post pics of when i resize them.
    Great to see the falcon still being loved in America.

3. Oldgrog

Oldgrog

Pics of my XM she is in bits at the moment as i am giving her a rebuild with a 4.0 6cyl turbo T5 Mini spooled 8/34 diff and RRS frontend.

Attached Files:

4. cruzingratiot

cruzingratiot
    from Detroit MI

Make a trailer out of the back half

5. jroberts

jroberts

Here is a Ranchero that runs with the East Coast Timing Association at Maxton. Presently he has a modified Pinto motor and has run 132.971 mph.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

OK, gotta ask... What size wheels and tires on your race truck? I did my '62 Falcon up in the same kinda look about twenty years ago, just nowhere close to a serious racer like your Ranchero. Are you guys running turbo charged of N/A? Love to see some shots of the engine compartment! I am going to revitalize my '62 over the next year to get ready to celebrate 30 years of ownership. This time it will look the same, but I have a 250 six and a TO4 turbo, T5 5speed and a bunch of other cool stuff. Maybe this time it will be as fast as it looks! Love your Ranchero!

7. I have a '62 Ranchero and was wondering if anyone with a ute has a picture of a gas(petral) tank.I understand that most of the ute tanks rusted out. Maybe a size or what is used for a replacement. Thanks Ken N.

8. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Earlier in either this or the "Doing Falcons Right" thread, there's a discussion about replacing the station wagon tank with one from an early 1980s F150. The wagon/Ranchero tank is reproduced, but it's considerably more expensive than the sedan tank.

-Dave

9. I have a new gas tank from a '79 Ranchero . Had to get a sending unit from a '79 T-bird. Actuly they are the same but Ford doesnt want you to know. On a Ute the gas tank is in the well behind the seat ,it in the front of the bed. I dont want the filler in the rear of the quarter panel. I either want the filler behind the cab (with a Door) or behind the tail light. But every hinge I tried doesn't work.I don't want the filler in the bed. Thank to anyone and everyone with any help.I want to be different. Ken N.

10. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

you will need a boomerang hinge for the tail light door to work. I haven't done mine yet, but that way it will swing away and wont pinch or hit the body. I thought to remove the part of the body that the tail light bolts to and make that the "door". That would also provide a bigger access hole to the filler...

11. baker97xj

baker97xj
    from Ohio

I thought I'd show everyone the seat cover I just got done making for my 1962 Ranchero. I'm 17 and I think as a guy its pretty good for my first attempt to really make something with a sewing machine haha. I have it in the car now and it completes the interior. Here it is after I got it done. Tell me what you think. Oh and I paid $80 for vinyl, Im restoring my ranchero with a tight budget.
    [​IMG]

Gambler 1962 likes this.
  12. 296moon

296moon
    from england

Mine was just like that so I saved it into this [​IMG]

13. Baker97xj. We all started somewhere attempt and desire.. I started on FALCONS almost 40 years ago and now my '62 RANCHERO. Keep up the work. I'm still learning. It's fun.Ken N.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  14. doubletubtrouble

doubletubtrouble

here is one i did with my father

Attached Files:

• 027.jpg
      027.jpg
      File size:
      249.2 KB
      Views:
    exterminator likes this.
  15. baker97xj

baker97xj
    from Ohio

Doubletubtrouble, That thing looks awesome. Nice garage too!

16. I'm not sure what year this one is.......

[​IMG]

17. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

Great job with the seat. Being able to follow an idea through is a rare gift. Technique will always improve with time. I have toyed with the idea of doing my own stitching and have always chickened out. I can learn a bit from you...
    :)

18. baker97xj

baker97xj
    from Ohio

Thanks, I'm definitely in to doing stuff myself and on my high school budget making parts is alot cheaper than buying everything new. I've saved about $500-$750 on interior parts cause I made my door panels, seat cover, and I got carpet for a newer chevy fullsize truck off the clearance rack at summit racing. It's well worth it for me to do stuff myself and save money and its something I love doing. My Ranchero is my learning car, can't wait to take it out this spring.

19. Hellbomb

Hellbomb
    from DC

That's a great seat! I am totally going to try upholstery. What are seats for anyway, but a place to sit? Was it a standard sewing machine or heavy duty?

20. Falcon_Rod

Falcon_Rod

baker97xj,
    That's awesome!!! I bought my 61 wagon my freshman year of high school. Now I'm 20 and I'm still working on her! Between putting myself through high school/college, I've always been pretty tight budgeted, she has kept me sane these last few years.

Been putting around with the 260 V8 w/ a 2V carb and a 3 speed. Just installed an autolite 4 barrel, and am rebuilding a T5 out of a mustang GT for her right now! I really don't have all that much in to the car, but it has been the most fun I've ever had. She gets a lot of looks too.

Best luck in your future 'Falcon' endeavors!
    Cheers!

Falcon_Rod

21. baker97xj

baker97xj
    from Ohio

Thanks, and I used a standard sewing machine. I'd like to have a 260 or 289 with a t5 but I decided to stay true to its straight six roots haha. Mine has a 200 ci out of a 66 car in it now.

22. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

more of mine, twin 650s

Attached Files:

23. Falcon_Rod

Falcon_Rod

There was a round body sedan floating around one of the falcon forums that had a turbo charged 200ci in it! I don't remember all of the build specs, but I swear they were saying it wound ran 10's in the 1/4. Gorgeous car, really makes me want to do a speedy/economical 6cyl build some day.

From what I've heard, that ford 200 six is a tank, and can take a lot of abuse, and will last forever.

24. wagonofov

wagonofov
    from Kalifornia

ooh yea the later 67 on have a 7 main bearing crank. pretty stout! If you decide to build a six I would reccomend getting the The Ford falcon Six cylinder performance handbook. Tons of knowledge and how too. Not a lot on turbo's and super chargers though. ive seen it posted on here but classicinlines.com has a lot of info on turbo's and superchargers and diff carb set ups. Check it out!

25. pigpin75

pigpin75

26. Did a 68 200 using this book. Motor sounded GREAT and ran fantastic. Shut down a friends 289 Rustang in a few light to light acceleration runs. Ran a 5speed (T5) behind it. Looked innocent... by the end, I had a 8" rear, Granada brakes all the way around, Mustang V6 5 speed. 200 in six, .04 off deck, .04 off head. 250 valves, Holley-Weber 2 bbl, Clifford center port splitter, flat top pistons .02 overbore, Isky 262 cam, 302 valve springs.

Attached Files:

27. irv0004

irv0004

Just a bit of progress on my XP posted on page 69.

I thought it was pretty cool how much difference a little scalloping and lakes pipes made to the look of the entire car.

Also swapped out the C4 for a single rail 4sp, what a pain in the arse that was! not sure if any of you other aussies have been through it?

Attached Files:

28. zimm

zimm
    from iowa

29. Wow! Those don't look like snow tires to me! Hefty price. Sure he has that or more in it. Heck the carbs alone are a a grand or two, but really, it's still a Falcon..

30. wagonofov

wagonofov
    from Kalifornia

Nice! Bet she scoots! and looks like a complete sleeper! Thats simular to what Im planning to build. I also have a 68 motor with a 250 head that im going to work on. Im going to be running a 3.03 trans. What did you run for exhaust? Ive been thinking bout splitting my manifold for duals so I can get some rapp out the pipes.