Register now to get rid of these ads!

Christmas warning

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by newredporch, Dec 24, 2011.

1. newredporch

newredporch
    from pittsburgh

If you say you are going to have it done by spring, you are running out of time.
    Merry Christmas!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

No kidding. We are pushing to have my Son's rpu running for Billetproof in March and that is sneaking up REAL fast ! :eek: The older I get the faster the years fly by.

Merry Christmas back at you. :)

Don

3. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Sooner the better …. Im freezing

4. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll be done by spring..........but, I'm not sure what year! :eek:

5. I'm in real trouble my sights were set on thanksgiving then christmas this year. kind of like Congress, I just keep kicking the can down the road.

6. I saw the title of this post and I am thinking WTF now! I am hoping to have my truck done for July 4,but then I have missed the deadline a few times before.

7. Chemin

Chemin

I just keep telling myself it's not the destination but the journey. Although I can't wait to be able to drive it.

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

If no year is stated what's the harm? Lyndwood 20 years '30 Roadster project started in 1962. Merry Christmas, Happy 2012!:)

9. in your case; no decade or for that matter century.:D

10. I've seen a lot of springs come and go. My friend started at ground zero last summer on a T coupe. He has a better chance of driving it this spring than I have on mine. The longer mine stays in the shop the less chance some daft lady takes it out on the road or some thief steals it. That's, my glass is half full and I'm sticking to it.

Doug.

11. violet springs

violet springs

Yeah I know, I need to spend less time on the computer and more time working on my car.

12. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Lynwood 20 years -A roadster since 62. Bob whats the rush?
    Merry Christmas

13. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I thought mine would be ready for spring---last year.. But will be this year.....

Attached Files:

14. michaelmoore

michaelmoore

maybe mine will be done by 2022

15. aldixie

aldixie

Have been working out in the garage this week as I get two weeks off at Christmas. Got the torque tube and driveshaft shortened to the correct length. Got the Vega box mounted today. Will start back on it Monday. May be have it on the road this spring.

16. OldTC

OldTC

Too damned cold out in the garage for me now,.....but Katy bar the door as soon as it warms up,....I'll have most of my parts gathered up by then, lots of cash, and every single day will be a Saturday!
    I hope to have a chopped 27 Coupe running by late summer, with a second project already in the works.

17. newredporch

newredporch
    from pittsburgh

I guess I hit a nerve with this post. I just took a working truck and tore the front off of it. Heidst IFS on the way. Lots to do and I know how time will fly. Glad to hear I am not the only one pumping to get done.

18. Hogman

Hogman
    from Dallas, TX

sounds like a good plan!

19. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Tell me about it! I was able to rebuild an entire motor and trans in a few short months and now a carb spacer is making my life difficult!

20. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Yeah. Portland roadster show is sneakin up on me. Tryin to get two cars in. March is Coming quick!

21. jmpowie

jmpowie

the world is ending on 12/21/2012 so you better get moving!!!!

22. RAG66

RAG66
    from WASHINGTON

You guys and your cars! I'm still trying to get the garage done.

23. john~N~dallas

john~N~dallas

i am trying to be on the road by april... i have alot to learn before i will be on the road!!! let alone do the work...

24. Funny stuff there.

I wanted my Hudson to be ready for it's new powertrain this spring but took on a friends '57 Ranchero instead to make some extra cash for the Hudson. The ranchero just needs massaged back to life so it shouldn't take to long. Just needs the typical stuff as a result of sitting too long. Gaskets, brakes, fluids, tune-up, fuel pump, blah, blah, blah. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

25. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Pulling the rear end this week and building the 9 inch for the chevy. I also need to order the 5 speed tremec. Next year is going to be the shit. I am planning on driving the 55 with my new bride from Canada right across to California to see a buddy from school who now lives there. Will post more about this later on. Merry Christmas!
    J

26. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Ha. I love end of the world theories.

27. Abomb

Abomb

Heck, last year I didn't start my winter project until March....what's the hurry?

Oh, well, yeah, I did miss my favorite carshow by a week....