Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Official 60-66 C-10 Chevy Truck Picture Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TexasHardcore, May 8, 2006.

1. shiftervic

shiftervic
    from So. Cal.

2. 64C20CrewCab

64C20CrewCab

I'll take a couple n post tomorrow. They are just the 3/4 ton 16x6 8-lug wheels with the matching caps - not correct for the 60-66 but Wheel Vintiques offers a baby moon and trim ring if ya wanted to go that route....

3. zippeay

zippeay
    from Hooper, Ut

Haven't posted an update in awhile but here is my update.
    This is the floor when I started
    [​IMG]

I had to build most of this by hand because it was almost gone... I only have a vice and some hammers so I'm pretty happy with it.

[​IMG]

Here is the new floor and rockers installed. It wouldn't have been so bad but I had to make all the floor supports by hand also because they were pretty much gone also.

[​IMG]

Here's the outside of the rocker.

[​IMG]

I started on the door last night. I cut the bottom of the door skin off because the rest of the door wasn't too bad. I didn't take any pictures but I'll post some when I get time.

4. likaroc13

likaroc13

cool! i used mine in our wedding pics:

[​IMG]

5. likaroc13

likaroc13

came across a couple pics of dad's old '66 back in the day, so i just had to scan them...plenty more pics to scan if i can ever get back home to MS to do it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and this is how it sits today...it was chopped 3" back in the early 90's in anticipation of becoming a pro-street...unfortunately that's as far as it went...bed got sold somewhere along the way, otherwise we'd have a completely rust-free truck...still have all the rust-free parts from cab-forward....it's patiently waiting for the chance to become a killer custom:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Man, there's a '65 five miles from me and it's just been sitting in a driveway for the last 3 or 4 years. I need to go talk to those people.

7. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Great pic,good looking oltruck!

8. Doug77

Doug77
    from SoCal

Here's my project. Rough. Real rough. 64. Planned drop, new tranny, whitewalls, and drive it.

Attached Files:

9. SteveClary

SteveClary

[​IMG]

My daily driver.

10. jason65

jason65

11. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Man... white, with that simple red stripe in the chrome... that's a really classy looking truck.

Amazing how sometimes "Simple" is so much more!

-Brad

12. JAKEMON

JAKEMON

Here is my 1960 C-10. The truck is new to me and I couldn't be happier. It has 69 rear suspension/brakes and 72 front suspension/brakes. There is a 350 small block, turbo 400 tranny and power stearing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It runs and rides better than a 62 year old truck should. The truck was owned by a retired Boeing engineer so things are very tidy. Not too many changes planned. Drop the rear end two inches, maybe some new bumpers and re-do the bench seat. Thinking about freshing up the engine compartment a little as well.

Jakemon

13. 64C20CrewCab

64C20CrewCab

Congrats!! Nice rig for sure! 63-66 hood too! One this clean does not deserve import parts if swapping bumpers. Are u swapping cause of damage or wanting to go chrome? My thoughts would be rechrome original pieces. Dirty Donny in CA may have a set. NICE TRUCK!

14. The_Monster

The_Monster

what a great thread! keep em coming!!

15. JAKEMON

JAKEMON

The bumpers are not damaged, just a bit rusty. The front is rattle canned. Are the cheap ones from classic just that....cheap? Not even sure if the ones on there are OG. How can I tell?

I just installed three lap belts in it today so I can take my little girls for a ride. They like the feel of riding in the front seat. "Dad, why does the truck smell funny?"

Thanks,

Jakemon

16. SickBoy66

SickBoy66
    from Eugene, OR

My lady says, "I love the smell of gasoline!!!".

17. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Go with a set of bumpers from Keystone in Brainerd, MN.
    I've got one on the front of my '61 Buruban, and they rechromed the destroyed rear and it looks concourse.
    I had both versions of repro front bumpers: The cheap import that's thin, and the GOOD one from Keystone that's nearly twice as heavy as the cheap one.

My rear bumper was toast: 7 different bolt holes for trailer hitches, both ends were bent into the quarter panels, there was a 2-inch hole torched in it for a trailer light plug, and it was twisted radially about 20 degrees.

$250, and it looks concours, without a single wave or ripple.

Daily driven with them on it, and parked outside, for 4 years, and they're holding up like OE on a new vehicle.

-Brad

18. JAKEMON

JAKEMON

Thanks for the heads up Brad. Keystone has a store just 20 minutes south of me. I will give them a call on Monday and quiz them.

Jakemon

19. Blackcherry

Blackcherry

Does Keystone have a web page?? Having trouble finding them. Are they parts supplier, or chrome shop?? Thanks for any extra info.

20. Fleetside

Fleetside

I have always been partial to Fleetsides

21. WICKED 50"S

WICKED 50"S

Hello everyone i wanted to see if any body had any pics of how to attach the rear bumper on a 1964 chevy c10 i just bought a chome bumper with brackets thanks

22. LowerthanLife

LowerthanLife

installation is reverse of removal

23. LowerthanLife

LowerthanLife

i dont have my body manual here, ill bring it home w/ me later and scan some pages for you.

24. WICKED 50"S

WICKED 50"S

When i bought it it had no rear bumper. That would be great if u could scan that for me thanks

25. 1gearhead

1gearhead

Here is a 1963 that was done in my shop for a customer about four years ago. 468", TH400, 9" Ford, Dropped 5" and 6", Mini Tub, 20", and lots more.

Attached Files:

26. WICKED 50"S

WICKED 50"S

Thanks i got the bumper on after all thank you

27. chevytrucknut

chevytrucknut

28. chevytrucknut

chevytrucknut

29. greasybearpaw

greasybearpaw

[​IMG]
    here is my 61 gonna put it on a dodge 1 ton chassis with a cummins for a future haul truck

[​IMG]

30. wolfex1

wolfex1

Here's my '61. This is my third go around with this truck. Previously, I suicided the doors among other things. This time I channeled it over the frame 6", boxed the trailing arms with diamond plate, and moved the spring perches behind the axle. I have also dropped the radiator mount 6" to keep it down below the grill surround and bobbed the frame in the rear. I will be keeping the Olds 455. There is a picture of the truck in it's previous incarnation elsewhere on this thread. ~WX1

Attached Files: