Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Corvette hot rods - picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KING CHASSIS, Jan 1, 2011.

1. I had those BFG Radial T/As on my 57, in the late 90's. 285 70 15's but they don't make them anymore. I ran 15x10 D-spokes, but the wheels on the Vette are the one pc 8.5". Offset would depend on your rearend width. I had to mini tub my 57 to fit them, so I might venture to say there's been some work done to achieve that stance

2. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

Thanks. i love everything about it---the stance, the position of the wheels etc. Everything is "just right."

3. I had to buy tires to replace those 285's.. the 275 60's replacements just don't do it for me. The car went from looking like a strong competitor, to a warmed over grocery getter. I know what you mean. They do make 285 70 16's.. with a 16x8.5' It would look good without being too drastic.

4. vetrod62

vetrod62

New for the 2013 racing season. An NHRA legal roll bar. No more hassle from the track. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  5. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks great. Nice job on the door bars. With the top on, its like it wasn't even there. Perfect.

6. My old 61 from a few years back had a 427 L88.
    [​IMG]

7. jimdillon

jimdillon

The roll bar looks great Jim. I know how tight they can be and it looks like you did good. Bet you can't wait until spring before you guys get back on track. Hope Butch is doing better and you guys can go have some fun.

Moose-really like the 61, great stance and overall look.. Is it still around with the big block?-Jim

8. All of us like 427 Vettes.

9. vetrod62

vetrod62

Thanks, It is tough to get the side bar to clear all the door stuff and still let your arm operate the steering. To be honest, The first guy in our NJO racing series had his side bar done a few times to get it right. I always believe it is easier to learn from others mistakes than repeating them. :DMy back bars are completely different.

10. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

11. vetrod62

vetrod62

First, Moose, As Jim D said, the car looks great in all aspects. I installed a L-88 in my 62 in the early eighties, bad ass. I eventually sold the mounts, hood and headers to Jim D. Before moving on to some bigger power. Love it.

Jim, The bar is something I have wanted to do for a long time. Getting warned at the track for going below the 11.50 sucks. Next time that same day , bye,bye.

My problem was slitting the front or rear of the top cover seemed unacceptable. I finally decided, F it, just go straight thru the cover. I like the way it turned out.

Butch is remarkably better mentally now. He started radiation started in March, he went unbelievably down hill from then. I really thought he was "done" , but 6 months later his brain came back. Thank God. His body is healing very slowly, but getting there. We all expect to race in the spring and not let the 11.50 stop us.

Maybe this will be the year we come out there, I hope so. Jim

12. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

1960 coming along.

jp

Attached Files:

13. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking good. Love the wheel choice. Nice job on the rear suspension. Any color picked out yet ?

14. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

heres my 58, considered more of a kustom but I cant wait to put chrome reverse with slicks on it, but when I went to order the wheels I found out he front hub is too big to fit most standard gm wheels. It was kustomized in 1958 and its a factory fuelie car, but the engine/injection is long gone

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

15. vetrod62

vetrod62

Looks good JP. Jim

16. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

No colors picked out for sure yet, blue/silver and candy apple red are leading choices, it will be awhile though before color is shot and will be driven next summer how it currently looks on the outside.

Jim your car looks great as always.

jp

17. jimdillon

jimdillon

JP your car looks great. I would be a bit cautious about driving the car with the raw fiberglass exposed. I have spent many hours removing substances that wick into the fiberglass. I would not even trust primer but that is just me.

Without the x member it will allow you more room for sure.What front suspension did you use? Also whose headers?-Jim

18. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

Jim,

I did not know that about fiberglass, never had one of these cars before.

Frontend is jim meyer racing with a strange coil over shocks, the headers are custom made from a friend.

Thanks for the compliment.

jp

19. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

Nice car, any more information on it?

jp

20. JP,

Looking good.

Did you recently get that from a guy out of the Sacramento area, pulled out of the Nevada desert??

21. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

I got it from california but from sonora, do not know anything much about the history.

jp

22. Silverplate

Silverplate

23. jackal396

jackal396
    from oregon

How about some more details.

jp

24. Silverplate

Silverplate

Sorry I shot it at the BilletProof Drags in Lakeland, FL on Oct 21. All I got.

25. elgringo71

elgringo71

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

26. Anyone have any leads on a C1 project for sale?

i know I know I'm daydreaming...

27. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

I'm looking for one as well. I'll even settle on one with a 350, that can always be swapped out.

28. jkperformance

jkperformance

This was Mark Werner from Frankfort Indiana. He owned Werners Speed Shop. I think it ended up running in Gas classes and was painted candy red. I heard it may have been restored to original some years ago.

Attached Files:

29. Solid axle's make the best hot rods..

30. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just got this 57from a fellow HAMBER. Perfect start for my next Gasser Project. :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]