Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Modified Murray - Race to the road! Progress in Review!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scootermcrad, Jan 19, 2010.

1. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Scooter, I feel your pain on he humity issue. It is true that a dry heat is easier on the body and you don't sweat as much as in humid climates. Here is Arizona we have monsoon season when the rains come and the humity triples to like 60-70% and it is miserable to work in even thought it is cooler. Stay hydrated!!!

2. Can't wait to see some updates Scott!!

3. scootermcrad

scootermcrad

Yeah, at least in Vegas when it was a 110 and you were in the shade, you could put a decent fan on, drink some water, and just jam. Maybe I'm just not accustomed to the Humidity, but man, when putting some elbow grease into a project you just about pass out after 30 minutes. I tried to just push through it a couple weeks ago with a ton of water and I couldn't get out of bed the next day trying to recover. HAHA! Such a wimp!! :eek::rolleyes: I got spoiled by the California weather....

Yeah, if I can strip the paint off the 75 year old windows enough to open them, then I could probably slip a little A/C unit it. Not such a bad idea, actually. Accept, sanding filler in a closed garage kind of blows. HAHA!

4. In this particular case, "blows" is a good thing....kinda moves the dust out and away. What you need to avoid is "sucks".....at all costs! :D

5. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

It's been in the 80's here in socal all month. :rolleyes:;).

We wish you were still here too!!!!!

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

Don't you have a cool basement to work in? I'll be working on my '37 X member after dinner in mine. Hershey is cool in October, do you plan to make your first visit this year? Bob

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  7. scootermcrad

scootermcrad

Yeah! 80's there is super comfortable! There's definitely no denying that So.Cal has THEEE BEST weather I've ever experienced. Made for a lot of productive work days!

Missing Saturday breakfasts... :(

Bob... Not looking too good for Hershey this year. October is slammed!! Have something going on every weekend including a trip to Raleigh for an event and a wedding in Chicago. One of the Brudwich brothers (Dave) is getting married. (some of you know him here)

One of these days we gotta' meet up somewhere, Bob!

8. Roadsterpu

Roadsterpu

Saturday breakfast missing you as well.

9. Miss seeing you two.....

10. I miss you too...but not in a "gay" way like Paul does. Well...okay, maybe just a little like that. :D

11. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

I know you're tinkering away over there Scott. How's is coming?

12. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Scooter - As long as this thread popped up I thought I'd offer you congrats on the new gig, Damon mentioned it to me the other day at the shop. Now you're one of US! ( or what we wuz). Ashley seems to be a pretty good guy. Now I can bug you instead of him for advice on the Bonneville car.

vic

13. Scooter posted on IG that the body is BACK on the frame....again, thanks to JJ!

Hey scooter, post some progress! :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

Yes, an update with photos is long overdue. Bob

15. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

A buddy of mine has a '30 "Leatherback" sedan body he offered to me, cheap. I keep thinking about this project, and that body, and the '27 roadster I thought I wanted to build…

Brian

16. leroux

leroux
    from SoCAl

scooter, next time you visit...you can roll my coupe around where ever you want.

17. scootermcrad

scootermcrad

Oh! Whoa! I didn't see this bump. Sorry! Been mega busy over here with the new gig and it gets hard to jump on the 'Ol HAMB.

I'll see if I can get some pics today of what's going on around here. Life has just been insane ever since I got here. Owning a house that's almost as old as this car hasn't helped matters! HAHA!

Thanks Uncle Vic!! I appreciate it!! I'm LOVING the new job and yes, Ashley is a super good guy! I feel like I fit right in at the Aero team and it's cool to work with Jeremy and the rest of the gang making cars go fast!! :D

I'll post what's going on with the Murray later today. Going to start a new thread soon. Was just trying to get a bunch of stuff done before doing an update. Unfortunately I don't have much to share. :(

18. scootermcrad

scootermcrad

Okay... So, as I mentioned, not too much progress, but I HAVE done a couple things.

With life comes unexpected complications (which seems to be the theme with me in the last 10 years). One of those things was driving about 90 miles a day for work. Seemed like a good idea in the beginning and then... well.. Was killing me and was taking away any CHANCE at extra time to work on things I'd LIKE to be working on. Still busy with my new job, but it does present much more time and it's much closer to home.

I'll do a new thread soon. This one has become a monster.

Rolled the chassis out to do some work and get it ready for winter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I finally ran the cut-out exhaust thru the rear of the frame. It's mostly done, just need to fab up some suitable hangers. Not sure if I'll actually put mufflers of some kind on it, but I figured I would start here and see how much it helps. I want to get the sound to the rear of the car for road trips and stuff. Little bit of welding to finish up on the union for the headers, but pretty much done.

[​IMG]

Still have to cut the ends off to a decent length, but need to put the fuel tank back on to see where that cut needs to happen.

[​IMG]

Jeffrey James dropped by the other night and we tossed the body back on for the winter. Now I can run brake and fuel lines and wrap up a few other odds and ends that need to get done. Then back to body and paint this spring.

[​IMG]

Here's what the exhaust looks like under the floor...

[​IMG]

Not much more to report except that the battle continues with my little 2-car garage. It will have to continue a little longer, though. Can't fund a nice big shop/garage right now. So projects still sit outside, and I've had to get pretty creative for anything that NEEDS to be inside... :eek::D

[​IMG]

Oh... and to keep building up the tool selection I also rescued this mother of a band saw from the early 1900's. I've been wanting one of these for quite awhile!

[​IMG]

That's all I got for now. I think it's time to start a new thread when I get some more progress pictures for you. This thing is just too big.

Thanks for following guys! Wish I had more to share.

19. Cool score on the band saw! Luckily you have those tall ceilings in your garage to be creative with. I have filled the rafters of my garage with plywood to small storage cubby holes.

20. Dude, you have some leaves to rake up.......

21. 50Fraud

50Fraud
    Member Emeritus

Cool, Scoot. I look forward to seeing your progress in the spring. Happy Holidays!

22. scootermcrad

scootermcrad

Bought a leaf blower from my neighbor for $30. Best $30 ever spent! We have 6 maple trees! :eek: Would take me forever to rake all that. Then I just run 'em over with the lawn mower! :D

I keep thinking about what you said to me about taking too long to finish things and bad things happening as a result. Never stops ringing in my head, now! I'm pushing harder now!

Happy holidays to you too, bud! Hope you're doing well. Been following your 40 build. LOVE IT! Shoot me an email when you have some free time and tell me what's been happenin'...

23. Looking forward to more updates Scott. Stop posting pictures of Porches on Instagram and get to work.:D

24. scootermcrad

scootermcrad

I have V-band clamps for the connections between the headers and the rear exhaust sections. I was able to build the rear exhaust sections completely welded. The wiggle out pretty easily. Tubing is just steel.

25. scootermcrad

scootermcrad

Don't harass me about my day dreaming or I'll start bugging you about progress on your truck! ;) :D

26. chaddilac

chaddilac

10 years??? Funny.... April 1st will be 10 years on my T coupe and it's in the same stage as yours!! :)

27. Touché:eek:.

28. scootermcrad

scootermcrad

Whoa whoa... first posts were in middle of 2006. Give me some credit here. Not 10 years yet... :D:rolleyes::eek:

29. leroux

leroux
    from SoCAl

Feels like it. How many times have I reminded you I want first option on it?

30. scootermcrad

scootermcrad

It does feel like it though, I agree! :eek: And your reminders are definitely noted! HAHA! :D

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013