Register now to get rid of these ads!
Badco

Lynwood 143

Lynwood 143
Badco, Nov 15, 2009
    • Badco
      Still learning to post images, so excuse any flub ups.

This image was taken by either myself or Bob Monitzor (a neighbor and classmate) from just behind the starting line at Atco. This image was taken in 1961. I was fifteen years old in '61. We (Bob and I) took a bunch of photos that I now refer to as 'The Trash Barrel Archives'... more on that some other time.

Now about the car... owned and driven by Dave 'Bunn' Harding out of Magnolia, NJ. This may have been part of a club effort too. The Motor Masters were out of Magnolia and may have built/owned the engine.

This car was a real beauty... for an East Coast car back in those days. The chassis and the annodized valve covers were purple. The sheet metal skin was polished.

The first mention I found of this digger was July 2, 1961 when it took Top Eliminator at Atco (this photo may have been taken that day) with an ET of 9.87 @ 157.96mph. Dave developed quite a reputation back then... then seemed to disappear. Don't know what everbecame of him. Anyone?

More old B.S. later
      Badco
    There are no comments to display.
  • Album:
    Lyndwood 01
    Uploaded By:
    Badco
    Date:
    Nov 15, 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    54 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    750px
    Height:
    600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).

Register now to get rid of these ads!

Archive

Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.