Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Doing Falcons Right

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconizer_62, Jul 23, 2008.

1. ditchdigger

ditchdigger
    from Eugene,OR

I have 6-1/2's in the kick panels and an 8" sub in the trunk. The 4 channel amp is hidden under the bench seat and runs to one of these bluetooth adapters on the dash. The rear channel is bridged for the sub.

[​IMG]

The red and white sorta matched my interior. The adapter is under 2" and blends in pretty well. The whole system is well hidden and also works (poorly) as a hands free device for phone calls. I just stream music from my phone. Nothin' worth listening to on the radio anyway.

2. cage66

cage66
    from reno

Thank you
    Any suggestions for a wagon?

3. ditchdigger

ditchdigger
    from Eugene,OR

It doesn't look like there is too much room back there to hide anything

[​IMG]

Aside from the obvious "hide it in the spare tire well" suggestion my thoughts are to look for a modern SUV OEM sub enclosure that would fit behind the drivers side trunk area inside quarter panel

[​IMG]

Or just slip one of the low profile subs under the passenger side front seat.

[​IMG]

I don't listen to music that goes bump at all but I was completely unhappy with every setup in my falcon until I stuffed a subwoofer in it. From Ernest Tubbs to the Adverts, EVERYTHING sounds better with it.

4. Got a couple of Scat Pro Car low back bucket seats:
    [​IMG]

Does anybody need a bench seat for a 63 2 door sedan with late 80's early 90's vintage gray vinyl/tweed upholstery?
    You gotta' come get it....

5. Moving right along....
    [​IMG]

Phillips and loudbang like this.
  6. loudbang

loudbang

7. Falcon61wagon

Falcon61wagon
    from Indiana

Any chance you can post a pic of those sub frame connectors. I've been tossing the idea of doing that on my 2drwgn.

8. DAGONITWIT

DAGONITWIT
    from NO VA

Man that's a nice clean look Al.

9. Thanks Karl. ClutchDumpin'Dan deserves most of the credit for all the weldin' and makin' up the various mounts for the seats and the shifter. I took the AOD apart this morning to install the B&M shift lever into the transmission and got it back together in time to road test it before the rain.

[​IMG]

How about some teaser shots of your bad ass 63 hardtop race car for all these dudes?

10. ffej

ffej

I love those seats!

1963 Ford Falcon Sedan Base.

11. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

John, a/k/a streetdreams starts up my 250 so I can see and hear it run for the first time.

doc's likes this.
  12. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

1975 Ford 250 ci I6, Classic Inlines aluminum head, 9:1 compression, Comp 260H camshaft, Autolite 2100 carburetor:

13. That's a healthy sounding I6!

14. Column shifter deleted, thanks to VA HAMB member (Dave) B/Gas Falcon hooking me up with the correct parts from his extensive stash. Replaced the turn signal switch while I was at it and only had one broken 51 year old bullet connector on the car harness.
    [​IMG]
    The harness I made for the back up/neutral safety switches worked out fine....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The horn works again so I ditched the under dash button....

15. loudbang

loudbang

Very "Clean" looking interior.

16. Falcon61wagon

Falcon61wagon
    from Indiana

17. Seems like a notch and plate job. Never done the conversion, so DO NOT go with what I say, it just looks like what I would do.

18. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have short straight grease fittings. I greased prior to install. I will swap them to the ones listed above, later.

Don't cut your towers.

19. The upper control arms that I got included the 90 degree grease fittings and they cleared just fine....
    [​IMG]

20. Falcon61wagon

Falcon61wagon
    from Indiana

You bought new?
    Where from?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. Falcon61wagon

Falcon61wagon
    from Indiana

When I bought them I was told they were off a 65. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1411441122.245806.jpg

The top one is off my car the bottom is the one I just bought. As you can see the end caps on the bottom one are longer. Do these grease fittings look big?

22. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There are smaller ones. Those are circa '65 arms.

23. Falcon61wagon

Falcon61wagon
    from Indiana

Yours is a 63 right? Even with the shims in place the rear grease fitting hits. I would like to avoid drilling a hole in the shock tower for clearance.

24. If I'd paid more attention to your user name, I might have figured out you had a 61, sorry.
    Sometimes I fail to grasp even the painfully obvious.
    I definitely wouldn't want to drill a hole...

25. Falcon61wagon

Falcon61wagon
    from Indiana

I wasn't sure if the towers were different. If I have to rebuild the uca I might as well buy new with the cost of shafts and ball joints.

need louvers ? likes this.
  26. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The towers are the same width where the control arm is '60-'66, Mustang, Comet, or Falcon.

27. So ClutchDumpin'Dan and I replaced the rear carpet set because the holes for the bench seat were in all the wrong places.

The gray/tweed rear seat looked ridiculous with the new buckets so it will go to the upholstery shop at a later date to be recovered in something that matches the new front buckets.....

In the mean time, Dan is going to make a ear seat delete plate to cover the fiberboard trunk divider. Nothing fancy or time consuming- just a few beads to strengthen the panel.
    [​IMG]

loudbang likes this.
  28. Temporary rear seat delete by Clutch Dumpin'Dan:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Shifter cover installed and we're done.
    Ready for the Rockabilly Hot Rod Rumble on Saturday.....

29. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anybody got the left tail light area sheet metal, to fit '60-'63? Some clown just offset rear-ended me. Oh, and a '60-style rear bumper.