Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Best dual well MC for '46 Dodge 1/2 ton truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barsteel, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

Hello!

Will likely be tearing into my '46 Dodge WC 1/2 truck in a few weeks to upgrade to 4 wheel disc brakes. I'd also want to upgrade to a dual well master cylinder, but I'm not sure which one to use.

For this conversion, the MC is mounted directly to part of the bellhousing, so I will have to drill and tap holes for the new bolts.

Roger from AAJ brakes suggested a '67 Mustang MC. I can use drum/drum or disc/drum, but will have to add a residual valve on the drum lines(s) no matter which one I use.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks...

Chris

2. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Chris,
    If your going with disc/disc, unless you use a specific disc/disc master, you will have to add the residual valve(s). The 67 Mustang master is a pretty simple, relatively compact, unit, which would probably make it easier to install in your situation. You will want be sure you keep the fluid level correct, as your brake pads wear, the fluid level will drop in the Mustang unit, and when you replace the pads, there will be excess fluid to deal with. Both minor inconveniences for the much better brake upgrade. Gene

3. Tim Keith

Tim Keith

I have a dual circuit master cylinder on my '47 1/2 ton WC. It fits like the original. I believe it is from a later WM300 Power Wagon. It was on the truck when I got it.