Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Electric power steering pump not power colun

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ansleev, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Ansleev

Ansleev

I know this subject has been beat to death on here but I am in search of a electric power steering pump to run a oe power steering sector.
    I do not want or need a power steering Colom like on small cars. Looking for a electric pump or recommendations on a pump that will produce pressure and volume to run a oe style sector
    Thanks

2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The electric pump from the Mazda 3 is what the electric vehicle conversion folks like.

3. Tim Keith

Tim Keith

The Toyota MR2 Spyder has a good electric power steering pump that is easy to adapt. If you are savvy with electronics you can supply speed sensing inputs to vary the output so that its not producing much PSI at cruising speeds.

4. Ansleev

Ansleev

Thanks for help!!
    I purchased one off of a Volvo s40 simple power and ground with 12v activation wire. Works great and it's quiet. Powering a bronco 11 steering box on my 29 sedan

5. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You need to mount the pump low to be below the reservoir . The toyota Mr2 one seem to be popular amongst the speedway racers. The only negative is unless you run sensors and such they run as soon as you turn the key on

VinDeuce likes this.