Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest T Wreck in Pa

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choffman41, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Just spoke to my mother, who lives in lancaster county near mount joy. She said she believes the funeral is friday. So sad. We lost two very fine people.

2. cayager

cayager

very sad indeed. could happen to any one of us. in an instand a tie rod end drops out, axle breaks anything. deer runs out in front of you. i guess you never know. very sad. rest in peace.

3. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Anybody learned any details on what happened yet?

4. JimSibley

JimSibley

Sad for sure, but I wouldn't mind going out with my hands on the wheel and my girl
    By my side.

5. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  6. volvobrynk likes this.
  7. elba

elba

So sad. RIP
    I have no idea what the circumstances were. Have a buddy inspect your car for unsafe items. Don't do it yourself.

8. PA Gas

PA Gas

This is sad news, I just met Ralph on Good Friday through a parts deal that we arranged here on the HAMB. RIP Ralph & Lynn

9. phill

phill

During July 2012 when my wife and I were planning a 5 week driving trip through the USA. Ralph was one of several H.A.M.B members that invited us to meet up with them or stay with them when we were in their areas. We stayed with Ralph and Lynn for 2 days and were made feel like we had known them for years. Our condolences go out to their family and friends.

Phillip and Wendy McNally
    Romsey
    Victoria
    Australia

10. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Not hard to believe Phill.
    This is a quote from the message he sent me Sunday morning!

"Also, if you ever get down this way, you're more than welcome to stay with us for a few days. We're about 30 minutes from the Hershey swap meet, 30 minutes from York (NSRA), one hour from the Jalopy Showdown, 2 hours from the Jalopy Drags and 4 hours from the Race of Gentlemen. York NSRA and the Showdown are back to back as are the ROG and Hershey, so something to consider."

Good people for sure.
    I gotta say...finding out he died like that, while having such an obvious lust for life and his projects, has had a bit of an effect on me. I didn't even know him, only thru a few messages, but I feel like the HAMB...Hot Rodding itself really...has lost a great ambassador.

Such a sad story.... RIP Ralph and Lynn.

11. lead34

lead34

Just a brief thank you for all of the kind words. I am Ralph's son, Kevin. The initial police report states that there were no drugs or alcohol involved and that the rollover happened at 34 or 35 MPH. The final report might not be out for months, but that's what is known now. Anything else is just speculation at this point. Ralph's grandson (my son) just drove his tudor to the prom Fri night. http://photos.ldnews.com/2015/05/22/photos-lebanon-high-school-prom-2015/#1

12. Very sorry for your loss, Kevin. Thanks for stopping in to give us this update. Glad to see your Son carrying on your Dad's Hot-Rodding tradition.

tb33anda3rd and Hnstray like this.
  13. Kevin sorry for your loss.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. Prayer that God will give your family strength as you go through this trial.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  15. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Kevin...it didn't take much interaction with your Dad to make it obvious he was a pretty special guy. So sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how tough it must have been to lose them both in such a way.
    Great to see his Grandson carrying on the tradition.
    Your Dad would be so proud I'm sure. :D
    All the best to you and your family.

16. fuzzface

fuzzface

Kevin, sorry for your loss. Please let us know here what happened when you find out if it was mechanical issue or if your dad had a heart attack or some other issue so other t owners like me can recheck ours out and make sure it is still safe, to easy to overlook something not realizing a certain part is getting fatigued.

17. Kevin, Sorry for your loss man.