Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Bendtsen’s Cadillac 331 to T-5 kit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Paul, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Mike Paul

Mike Paul
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thinking about getting Bendtsen’s early 331 caddy to T-5 adapter kit which includes the bell housing, flywheel, clutch disc, pressure plate, throw out bearing. Shifter fork and related hardware. Just wondering if anyone is running this kit and if it's worth the $1500 price tag? I know what your thinking, he has an early OHV GM V8 everything is gonna be expensive!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Bigcliffy89

Bigcliffy89

Check out Ross Racing. He makes the whole setup for those engines. I think he is around that price or possibly slightly cheaper. His stuff is top notch!!! He also sells a turbo 350, turbo 400, or 700r4 with a billet adapter, billet flex plate/flywheel and converter.

3. Just wondering how long a T5 would last against a torquey motor like these Cadillacs? It would have to be a World Class box??? I have a NWC T5 and am thinking if putting a 390 Caddy into my Deuce, but don't think the T5 would last long. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G900I using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

I've used both WC and NWC behind some really stout early Olds ..... without any issue

I have a WC behind my blown Olds...... our style of cars usually don't have large rubber ... as far as width ....so max traction is never there

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

DeLuxe 32 likes this.
  5. vetteson

vetteson

Look into WILKAP also, based in CA. What year 331 are you using? Wilkap's only works with '55 331s.

6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

*Wilcap.

7. Ghost28

Ghost28

I have one on my 401 buick to camaro 5 speed. Nothing but praise, although mine was only 1200.00. must be the cadillac pricing

DeLuxe 32 and jimmy six like this.
  8. Is your T5 WC or NWC ??

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Ghost28

Ghost28

Sorry it took so long to answer back. It is a world class t5 and loads of fun to play with the gears