Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Installation of Posies Parallel Leaf Spring Kit

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by runningiron, Oct 27, 2017.

1. I am working on a 1942 Ford 1/2 ton truck and will be using a Boling Brothers frame. I am hoping to use a Poises parallel leaf spring rearend. Poises has a kit that uses 34 1/4" rear springs. Has anyone used their kit part# 80324 and have some photos of the install. Hear is a photo of the frame with a 1954 Chevy truck 36" front spring set in place to show the contour of the rear frame rails. The frame is kicked up 8" in the rear. my frame2.jpg View attachment 3698978 View attachment 3698978 I thought about using the 1954 Chevy 1/2 ton front leaf springs but was not sure if the 4 leaf springs were to light. Your thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. isn't that frame setup for a cross spring? that and a pair of ladder bars would be the way to go , especially if you were going fenderless

Nailhead Jason likes this.
  3. 36-3window. Yes I believe the frame they normally fab up is designed for ladder bars. I had them stretch mine out to a 116" wheelbase and asked them to turn down the back frame rails as much as they could as I wanted to run leaf springs in the rear. I will be running fenderless, but you are right the cross spring and ladder bar would be a nice setup. I also would like to be able to trailer a small teardrop camper trailer and my thoughts were that it might be easier to finish out the rear to equip it with a hitch. by using leaf springs.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  4. joel

joel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would use the new Posies springs, they have the sliders in them and will be equal. The little trailer tongue weight shouldn't be a problem, but I'd ask Posies.

5. Joel, thank you Sir.