Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Allentown auto-rama

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vanness, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Vanness

Vanness

Anyone going ? Middle of January. Picked up some items for my “a” last year. This year gonna try to hit a lot of the events! Why not start now ...

Ford52PU and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. I'm new to the area, but I intend to be there.

AVater likes this.
  3. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

Let's call it AutoMania. We'll be there if the weather cooperates. While in Allentown, check out the auto museum- America on Wheels.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

You may be new to the area but I bet you know half the people there!

Happy New Year!

chryslerfan55 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  5. swifty

swifty

I spent 2 days in Allentown back in September and I'll second that. America on Wheels has some great stuff in it and I spent a few hours there checking it out.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. dan31

dan31

Never been,but I'm going to try to make it this year.

7. HRBOB34

HRBOB34

More info! flyer!

8. Thanks Pete.

AVater likes this.
  9. Vanness

Vanness

10. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

Are there a lot of vintage car parts there (Model A, 32 Ford, flathead speed parts) or is it mainly die cast cars, signs, and just automotive related items?

11. fleetside66

fleetside66

Well, it's nothing to do backflips over. I'm only about 20 minutes away, so it's a no brainer for me, but I wouldn't bust my ass to get there if I lived a distance away. There's a lot of automotive "related" stuff, but don't expect a small Hershey. They do have some outside sellers (Stan's Stainless, a local HAMBer, is always camped out there), but the temps are projected to be very cold still. Basically, it's a desperate sea of gray heads (mine included), standing in line to fork over $10 to rub elbows (literally) with each other for a limited bunch of junk. It's a lot of guys in a relatively small venue. It's one of those deals were you have to wait for someone to come out of an isle in order for you to get in the isle. All that being said, I did find one or two decent things in the past year. It's something to do in the deep freeze. Ya never know.

12. Vanness

Vanness

Perfectly described. But along with you I did pick up a few things as well. Again, what other options do we have?

13. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

So true. And now the Studebaker guys got old and pulled the plug on their swap meet at the York (pa) Fairgrounds- so the long cold boring winter rolls on until early March. Brrrrrrrrr.......

14. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

Nice day- 6 or so outside vendors and all the spaces occupied inside. Admission doesn’t begin until noon on Friday, so the outdoor vendors get lots of business until the crowd cues up at the door. Yeah, a lot of the stuff looks familiar- but it’s a great mid-winter fix for junk starved car guys and gals. Not that far away, an AACA region has its indoor/outdoor swap meet on Sunday March 4 in Hamburg, PA.
    Oh, the kid in the last picture tagged along to enjoy the last week of semester break from UMBC. Junking is much more enjoyable than chemical engineering.

Attached Files:

15. fleetside66

fleetside66

Outside wasn't so bad...HAMBer Stan of Stan's Stainless was a shining beacon of the way it should be. The real horrors await inside. At least I can't say I did't find shit. Oh, the humanity. And I paid $10 to get in.
    IMG_3210.JPG

16. Well now, that’s a load of crap

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  17. That's what I've always heard was being sold inside.

18. Just got back from my first time there.

Not much for me to find.

Bumper Boyz was there !

Had a great time with the folks I went with. It is a long drive (ride) BUT it beats a day at work and I saw some friends.

Probably wont go next year.

Oldmics

19. PAracer

PAracer

Yes all my friends agree it’s not worth the price of admission but everyone goes as it has become a social event for local car guys to meet in the middle of winter. Relatively speaking any of the shows during the warmer seasons at macungie memorial park is a better deal... Hamburg event in March is usually better as well.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Bowtie Coupe and chryslerfan55 like this.