Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1940 ford hub studs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodtim, Oct 25, 2021.

1. hotrodtim

hotrodtim

Hey. I know this is a topic that has
    Been discussed before. But I am still having a problem finding correct wheel studs for my 40 Ford hubs. Mine have the drums that fit over the outside of the hub. The original drums are pressed in place from the factory to the hub. I have press out the old studs And would like to install new serrated type studs. The problem is, I can’t find the correct Dia. And length to do this. The ones offered in the catalogs say you have to use new style drums. But I would like to run my original drums as they are Still in good condition. Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

This is the one I have used and great recommendations from @alchemy 72429E3C-339D-40AE-AB4F-9BFA9946C064.png

rusty valley and alanp561 like this.
  3. hotrodtim

hotrodtim

Thanks for the info. Do I need to drill
    Out the Hubs I was hoping I could find the correct dia. Without having to enlarge hole in hub

4. alchemy

alchemy

5. hotrodtim

hotrodtim

Has anyone used these? And does anyone know the dia of these studs ? I couldn’t find any info on them Thanks

Attached Files:

6. rusty valley

rusty valley

Third gen is a highly respected ford parts dealer, I doubt he would sell them if they dont work. Its a family run business, , call them up and ask about them.

7. rusty valley

rusty valley

Another thought, I know 3rd gen bought Roy Nachowitz (?) ford bolt business after Roy's passing, so maybe those studs are made just for this purpose. Let us know what you find if you speak with them

8. Just don't try pressing the old studs out without first cutting the swaging around the studs...