Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Ford Survivor Custom show truck/hot rod pickup $35,500 or Trade ?

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by hotrodnomader, Jun 22, 2022.

1. hotrodnomader

hotrodnomader

City: Mandan

State: North Dakota
    Price: 35,500
    Up for sale is a 1932 ford Pickup, which I would consider a survivor. I was told this was built in the 50's. There are a couple updates over the years, but not much. To simplify it I'll do it in sections

Chassis/suspension
    1. Stock (undropped) axle
    2. Reverse eye spring.
    3. Front disc brakes ( pretty easy to put 39-48 ford hydraulics back on)
    4. Tube shocks
    5. not stock steering box (unsure of application)
    6. Not split wishbone
    7. Tires/wheels are 15" steel wheels and radials
    8. Rearend independent rear suspension from a Jaguar ?
    9. It has split wishbone type arms in the rear.
    10. Of course the driveshaft has been modified to hook everything up.
    11. Frame is stock with mods for engine, trans, rearend, etc

Engine compartment and transmission
    1. The radiator isn't aluminum, but I don't think its a original though.
    2. Electric fan
    3. 1960 ish Buick 401 Nailhead. (runs good but nothing crazy)
    4. 1939 Pontiac ? 3 speed manual transmission.
    5. hydraulic brakes reservoir mounted on firewall.
    6. Wiring isn't braided, so its not original 1932, but its not a painless wiring kit or anything like that.

Interior
    1. Different column, but I'm not sure what its from. Its not a ididit, it came from another vehicle.
    2. Dash appears to be 1940 ford which is filled with guages.
    3. Stock seat covered in sparkly blue seat cover with door panels to match.
    4. Glass looks good except for the drivers window has a crack.
    5. Doors, windows, etc all open and close nice.
    6.The gas tank under the seat is still in use, however there is a box mounted tank as well which isn't hooked up.

Body
    1. This has old paint, looks pretty good, but it does have some patina.
    2. Front fenders are stock, running boards are stock, the rear fenders have been modified. If I had to take a guess the front 10" were removed and they were pivoted forward to bolt back up to the running boards.
    3. I'm not sure what the box is, Shortened 32 ford ? 33-34 box ? or ?
    4. It has a custom wood tail gate ( I imagine before the aftermarket/internet it was quite hard to locate a undented/not beat up stock tail gate)
    5. There are wood planks in the box, no fancy divider strips, but the wood looks nice.
    6. Custom tailights built into the box below the tail gate.
    7. Other then possibly the box and the tailgate this appears to be Henry ford metal (no fiberglass).

So here is the story, it was built in the 50's from a guy in Minneapolis MN. Just because of the Pontiac transmission I'm assuming this must have started with a Pontiac motor like a 1955 287 or something along those lines and it was later yanked to install the 401. It was probably a situation where the current transmission was already in there and it was simpler to buy a adaptor instead of changing transmissions. I don't know the exact year of the rearend, but I would assume this ran the stock banjo rearend for a long time and then this wrecked Jaguar showed up at the local salvage yard and in it went. According to google Jaguar started its independent suspension rearends in 1961. The frame, headlight bar, etc are all painted dark blue. The guy worked at a chrome shop so little things here and there are chrome. If you would subtract the rearend, front disc brakes, radials, and installed a flathead, 287 pontiac, etc this would look right at home in the middle 50's. So I'm assuming it was a running driving hot rod around the mid 50's and the buick and the rearend were swapped out later . The guy who originally built this has passed away, but his family is still around. Whoever buys it I will gladly share their information with you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
  2. hotrodnomader

hotrodnomader

A few more pictures

Attached Files:

Kamikazi likes this.
  3. hotrodnomader

hotrodnomader

More pictures

Attached Files:

4. hotrodnomader