Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage minibikes

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by INJUNTOM, Jul 7, 2006.

1. 2Blue2

2Blue2

I couldn't find one to buy , so...
    My son and I built this home brew mini in the '60s' style a few years back. Some of his first welds are on it.
    This was a pair of hand truck dollies with the handles turned upside down by rear tires.
    Then we built glass fenders and a front scrub brake (ineffective but WTH). Soup can was to hold batteries for a x-mas light string to ride in local parade. All the kids and a few parents in the neighborhood wanted to try em out.
    Got tired of it falling over and built a kick stand but it wasn't strong enough to hold bike up with kids sitting on it.
    Scrapped it and built underneath stand and now I can sit on it parked , with no fear.
    Due for some fresh mods.
    You don't think 8-71 is gonna be too big, right!?!
    Gonna need some ape hangers.

IMG_2378.JPG

2. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Scat Cat I just picked up. Very nice survivor. Heading out today to pick up a Bonanza BC1500 complete with Hodaka engine.

Attached Files:

3. I have a '70-'71 J.C. Penny Golden Pinto. I have been working on it, on and off for a couple of years now. It needed the normal fork straighting, frame welding and bracket making. It's pretty much ready for paint now, problem is I don't know what color Gold was on it. Does anyone??? Thanks, Gene.

4. .......I would roll with Pagan Gold and call it good.:D Pic2821.JPG an9q1labhvcmfn.jpg 5ddf9599fd5ea94efd2ab7a1d356b55a.jpg

5. Will check out that color....Thanks!

6. Picked this up the other day, runs but smokes like crazy. Does anyone know if it has the correct wheels? Gene. image000000 (30).jpg image000000 (31).jpg

7. Those are possibly correct. My buddy Nads has the exact bike in yellow with those wheels.
    Complicated process to unbolt the 2 halves but way easier than trying to stretch a tire over the edge of a rim.
    That Golden Pinto is awesome!!! Pretty sure that’s what my older brother had back in the day
    JT

8. ^^^Thanks^^^ My Pinto doesn't look that good...maybe one day. But it does look much better then when I got it. Will try to get a picture on soon. Gene.

Deuces, lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  9. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

deadbeat, Deuces, egads and 2 others like this.
  10. Johnny99

Johnny99

11. loudbang

loudbang

chevy57dude and Deuces like this.
  12. Here's where my Golden Pinto is at this point. Doesn't look like much but I have done a bunch of work.
    Straightened the forks, made a new scrub brake arm and replaced one bracket, rebuilt the brake shoe,
    replaced the foot peg tube, rewelded the front neck, repadded the seat, made the chain guard from a piece of stainless, etc. One day I will get it done. Please don't pay any attention to the mess in the background! Gene. image000000 (32).jpg

13. Gene, that CAT is spot on, my best friend bought his new when he was 12 ( he's 65 and still has it) and except for the fact that his was metallic red, its exactly the same. Mitch

14. "My Grampa had one EXACTLY like it, except it was red, and a four door, and it was a Nash, and it had dents, but otherwise it was EXACTLY like it!"
    Sorry @mitch 36 not dissing you, I just couldn't resist...
    The only thing I have had since I was 12 is my virginity (I lost it for awhile, but I think it grew back. You know....if you don't use it, you lose it!

Deuces and alphabet soup like this.
  15. Yea,well maybe not EXACTLY, he had chrome fenders and a nicer seat. But the wheels are the same. I know you're not dissing, even if you were, I've had my balls busted alot over the years. :) Mitch

16. The Cat, along with a little pit bike and a newer TSC minibike all live in South Carolina now. My nephews wanted to get them running and use them, so they got them. Gene.

Deuces, lothiandon1940 and loudbang like this.
  17. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Just got a few Speedways back from the sandblaster. Busy polishing parts. Paint in a week or so. 2 blue,2 green, 1 orange.

Attached Files:

18. Deuces

Deuces

Please clean your camera lens..... Thanks bud!!!!.......;)

lothiandon1940, Moonglow and loudbang like this.
  19. 270ci

270ci

8-71 is definitely too big.... but that 6-71 you've got sittin on there looks just right!

Deuces likes this.
  20. 1940Willys

1940Willys

21. 0DA9FD0B-9B96-4EBD-9892-9AE936A575B0.jpeg E4CE96AF-02EE-49C3-92D0-84E74BEE184D.jpeg

Never thought I would own one, but a buddy just dropped this off at the house. He found it on the curb (for FREE) a block from his house. He said “ I knew this needed to be at your house”. So there she sits.

22. johnc451

johnc451

Let the fun begin!! Damn things keep following me home!

Deuces likes this.
  23. Deuces

Deuces

I love wrenching on Briggs & Stratton engines...:cool:

24. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Can't beat the price. They are alot ot fun. Bought one awhile ago now have several.

Deuces and 37hotrod like this.
  25. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

looks like a Lil Indian. which is the same kind I built my twin out of twin.JPG

26. Trying to decide wether to fix this Briggs engine or just get a modern Harbor Freight engine
    As many of you other full-time mechanics can understand when I get home from work the last thing I wanna do is mess around with something that doesn’t start all the time.

210superair likes this.
  27. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

Well you can't go wrong imho. If you want to keep it more original b&s, but a predator is a darn good motor, that's what's in my lil Indian, and it rips. Maintence free.

deadbeat likes this.
  28. cl350rr

cl350rr

My ARCO Easy Rider, not finished but it is too much fun tear it down again right now.

Attached Files:

29. Deuces

Deuces

30. Johnny99

Johnny99

My Lil Indian chopper purchased from a friend, "I'll get to it someday", at least I keep telling myself that! Buddy Dave's super nice Bonanza, and my original paint beater Bonanza at the Arlington WA. dragstrip reunion last year.

miniarl.jpg