Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Treasures I found last weekend at the Springfield, MO swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mo rust, Aug 22, 2023.

1. Mo rust

Mo rust

Last weekend I went to the Springfield Mo August swap meet and I managed to find a few things to buy and bring home including a 34 Ford windshield header panel, a couple big block chevy tunnel rams, a wooden horse for my wife to decorate with, 5 32 Ford grill inserts and a pair of 32 Ford five window coupe doors. I usually do pretty well ant this swap meet and today was no different. sm1.jpg sm3.jpg sm4.jpg sm5.jpg sm6.jpg

Last edited: Aug 22, 2023
  2. 1ton

1ton

Is she going to pinstripe or flames on the horse?

3. Fordors

Fordors

From what I usually find around my neck of the woods that looks like you were at Hershey.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Ya did good - congrats

Mo rust likes this.
  5. I came somewhat close to going this year. I bet it has been 30 years since I have made that swap meet but it was sure a good one last time I went. Looks like you did good! :cool:

alanp561 and Sancho like this.
  6. SPEC

SPEC

I was there and found some good parts.

7. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Hot damn! Good scores

8. Did the coupe door come off of a Coca Cola truck..:rolleyes:
    I wish there were good swap meets way down here with good stuff. Here they are mostly Chinese tool vendors.

9. rlsteel

rlsteel

I was their friday they said it was sold out (vender). the place was packed. I bought a nice engine run stand. Could have sold it 4 times on the way to my truck. neat swap.RLS

10. Mo rust

Mo rust

The horse needs some TLC and some glue and carving. When it's ready she want's to paint the horse off white and will antique it. It should be a fun little project

Last edited: Aug 23, 2023
    Tman and catdad49 like this.
  11. Mo rust

Mo rust

It's local for me so I always go. I haven't missed one since the first one I went to in 1976. Damn that makes me sound old.

guthriesmith and catdad49 like this.
  12. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I bought a $3 bottle of water . I did a lot of walking and some visiting

Sancho and Roothawg like this.
  13. manyolcars

manyolcars

Awesome! Thank you for the information. I have been doing Texas swapmeets since 1981 and Prewar Chickasha plus Petit Jean. Texas was always great. Was. The last years have yielded almost nothing. A waste of gas to drive to them. I will be going to Springfield. Thank you

Roothawg and firstinsteele like this.
  14. Mo rust

Mo rust

I went to Pate this year and found a few things but not a lot. I went to Hershey last October and I assume because of rain it's turnout was down but I found several items. I haven't been to Chickasha or Petit-jean in hears but I'd like to go at least once again. I did go to Frog Follies last August and they have a decent swap meet and I found a few things but was limited on what I could buy because I had to haul it home under the seat of my 32 coupe.

15. Mo rust

Mo rust

The fairgrounds built a huge building that used up a lot of spaces and the club was scrambling to find replacement spots anywhere they could. Once the construction is done it should be better. At least they can use the ground around the building. The construction footprint was even larger than the building itself.

Tman likes this.
  16. I have not hit it since 07? But I was really impressed. Our swaps around here usually lack early stuff. Usually a lot of Camaro crap and worn out racecar parts

Roothawg likes this.
  17. You did well, indeed.

Roothawg likes this.
  18. Roothawg

Roothawg

Save your gas on Chickasha. It's basically dead.

Sancho likes this.
  19. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

I purchased a 7 dollar root beer.

Roothawg likes this.
  20. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Me too! And I got a fair deal on a nice narrow Dana 44 rear axle. Hopefully it will work to replace the crapped out 44 that is currently in my '51 F1

21. Packrat

Packrat

I was there Friday and found several good deals, and the weather was pretty nice that day.