Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The HUNS Car Club - Lynwood Ca (circa 1952)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by theloosecannon707, Dec 28, 2020.

1. flyin-t

flyin-t

What a great thread. My wife was born in Lynwood (I think she's in-between @Irish Mike's age and mine. I actually went to school with Mike in Bellflower in the 70s for a minute) her dad grew up there in the 40s-50s and had a very nice 49 chevy coupe that was a mild custom. His dad, my wife's grand pa, did side work for George Cerny in the evenings at their home. He was an excellent welder/body guy and use to make mechanical door openers for shaved door handles that you would open with the toe of your shoe., under the 1/4 panel. No electrical components.

I wonder if any of the Huns took their rides to his house for work.

My father in law was in the Knight Owls or Night Owls (I can't remember now) out of Lynwood.

Stogy and Irish Mike like this.
  2. The “Good old days” Rich…

Stogy and flyin-t like this.
  3. If you remember Brylcreem, do you also remember "Dixie Peach", and "Royal Pomade" which was cheaper than "Dixie Peach" or "Vitalis" ?

Stogy and Tony Martino like this.
  4. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

I have some thoughts regarding their plaque. To me, it appears that the original plaques had So. Calif. as their location and then someone removed the So. You can almost see where it was on this blue plaque ...

Huns-1.jpg

... when you compare it with this red plaque ...

Huns-2.jpg

It's also interesting that there was another Huns club in nearby Long Beach ...

Huns_LongBeach.jpg

Stogy and 302GMC like this.
  5. s-l1600.jpg Hey Nick, you left out Stephan's Barber's Butch Wax.
    My grandfather had it in his barber shop in Kingston New York
    in the 1950s.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2023
    Stogy likes this.
  6. Is it just my imagination or does everyone in that photo resemble Elvis P. or James Dean?

Stogy likes this.
  7. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Yeah, they were all super cool!

Stogy likes this.
  8. I went to my parent’s house today to visit with my 86 year old mother. I remembered a couple of old trophies my dad had my entire life. So today I found the trophy below. It’s a Huns of Lynwood trophy 1953-54. Wanted to share. IMG_2327.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2023
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dalyne, Welcome to the Hamb...perhaps your Dad had some pics that may be in the archives at Mom's...That's just the kind of thing that makes this place just an incredible force of bringing the Culture together, 1 detail at a time...Hope you hang around it grows on you...Thread by Thread...

Thanks for sharing this. What did your Dad Drive?

Thanks @Moriarity...;)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2023
    Tony Martino and Moriarity like this.

10. wow this is amazing! Should you ever want to part (sell) with it, please let me know. I have a little collection of original huns memorabilia. This is sooo cool, thank you for sharing.

11. Here are some current Huns Cars
    F2A2C417-571E-4570-AFD0-47C88262069C.JPG
    IMG_0447.JPG IMG_0139.jpg IMG_6494.jpg

lurker mick and Baumi like this.