Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Uncertain T has been found!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by -Brent-, Jan 23, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's such a warm fuzzy feeling to be part of a sucessfully targeted group.:rolleyes:
    Will you be incorporating a FEM strategy for the buildup and release of the documentary?

2. Certain T

Certain T

Only a few people in the world knew where it was. Anytime someone got close, it was moved. The hand-off was filmed for a future documentary that Galpin will produce.

You are correct; it is super cool, and it will be seen in Pomona Feb. 2-4. Hope to see you there!

3. Certain T

Certain T

Correction: Steve knew who had it. He did not know where it was. Very, very few people in the world did. The owner did a great job in preserving it and protecting it from varmint treasure hunters who would have not respected it. Once he realized Beau's interest, he knew his patience paid off; he found the right buyer. He had plenty of chances of selling it to others, but none of them would take it to the next level. Beau will. All sincere car lovers owe a debt of gratitude to the former owner's stewardship for decades, and handing it off at the right time to the right party. It may not make any sense to you, but it does make sense. Come to Pomona next week and see it up close. This car will "speak" to you. It is amazing to be in it's presence, particularly as it was found. The reaction of Beau and his team when they first saw it was off the charts; a lot of emotion. You will see it when you watch the documentary.

Nothing worse than willful ignorance.

4. Certain T

Certain T

You should consider being a detective. Good work!

5. Certain T

Certain T

FEM rocks! And thank you for your cooperation. Regarding the documentary, it will blow your mind. The revelations will change everything you think you know about the UT.

chryslerfan55 and Budget36 like this.
  6. dearjose

dearjose

Except maybe Hype
    Anticipation marketing, and
    Whatevr FEM is

7. Certain T

Certain T

I couldn't say much prior to the formal press release this week. But I wanted to build some anticipation. I had no intention to offend, but if I did, my apologies. I knew what was coming, and in my excitement, I wanted people to look forward to the announcement. The approach was received better on other sites, but I did get a few negative reactions on this site. I picked this site to share the coming announcement because there was so much interest in the UT. Lesson learned. Thank you for the heads up.

Hope to see you in Pomona!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
  8. Certain T

Certain T

I have no idea what FEM is. There is good hype, and bad hype. Good hype is: "Tune in tomorrow for a big announcement" and you tune in, and if it is a really BIG announcement, you appreciate the heads-up. Bad hype is someone tells you the same thing, and you tune in, and they announce what the time is. For me, and for many, hyping up the announcement of the discover of the UT was "Good Hype." For you, not so much. That is ok. Many people don't care at all about the news, and for them, it was really bad hype. But if you come to Pomona next week to see the UT in person, up close, I believe you will then agree it was good-hype. And I will buy you a beer. The best beer you ever drank. Beer so good you will never drink any other beer. (this is an example of bad hype.)

9. -Brent-

-Brent-

Hahaha, if I could delete this thread - I would!

Screenshot_20240125_203901_Instagram.jpg

CT487_9-5.jpg

uf5akany4y7z.jpg

I "knew" it was a marketing ploy the way the articles were written and rolled out but my excitement of seeing current pics got the better of me.

Hearing about "formal press releases" and "building anticipation" bores me. We get played enough out in the world... Can't we just enjoy the present pics of a weirdly cool show rod?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
  10. Curt Six

Curt Six

Man, @Certain T, I'd had to see this thread go off the rails because you might need a polite nudge to read the room. I think you'll find most of the folks on this site truly appreciate stories and discoveries like this because of the craftsmanship, engineering, and history wrapped up in the car. We don't need to be "hyped" or "sold," and all the talk of that stuff might wind up in this thread devolving and getting away from what really is a monumental story in our world. Just some friendly advice...you seem like a nice dude who was obviously close to the situation and played an important role in putting this all together, and we appreciate the info you've shared on here.

11. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

When is the movie coming out? :oops:

12. 05snopro440

05snopro440

It was transparently a marketing strategy. I just don't get the point. Marketing like that gathers hype for some kind of gain, but this is a privately owned car that will be in a private collection. What's the point?

It feels more like someone who is barely involved desperately clinging to relevance. I dunno, just how it seems.

13. 05snopro440

05snopro440

That doesn't quite add up. If it was such a a mystery, how did the seller have "plenty of chances of selling it to others"?

14. Certain T

Certain T

You may be over analyzing what I have wrote. Nothing to gain other than sharing with others what I know about the UT. Everything I wrote is accurate. If you disagree with anything, be specific and allow me to clarify. I did not intend for this post to become about me or my writing style, but for some, my approach is a bigger thing than finding the UT. Come to the show next week in Pomona. I will be there and would love to give you more information and introduce you to some of the players. You can ask them whatever questions you wish. I am super excited to attend this show and gauge the publics reaction. Hope to see you there!

15. Certain T

Certain T

The former owner was part of the late 50's/60's San Fernando drag/custom car circuit. Most of those people are in their 70's, older, or dead. Many of them formed tight circles. The few who knew about who owned the T and where it was largely came out of this group. Over the years, one of these individuals would learn of a potential buyer. The owner either was not interested at the time, or if he was, was not impressed with the party of interest. Steve Scott himself once suggested a potential buyer/partner, but after a long dance, that party showed little passion for the car other than a simple restoration job, so that was squelched. I am sorry this math does not add up to you. Try replacing the batteries to your calculator. : )

There are a lot of very nice car enthusiasts on this site. I am very impressed with quality, knowledge base, and passion everyone here has for cars. But there are some that seem to be overly cynical, untrusting, and even a bit paranoid. I came to this site because of many discussions here about Uncertain T that I found fascinating. So when I had some advanced knowledge of the coming announcement, I wanted to let people know something big was brewing in the UT world. I was not allowed to give the details back in December, pending the press release of this week. Since then, I have been able to be more forthcoming about what I know and experienced related to this car, and what I experienced first hand at the revealing of it to the new owners. Everything I have written has been true and accurate, and for a lot of people, very interesting. But for several, something in all of this has been very triggering. It is as though I got their pronoun wrong. That was not my intent. And for those that have been offended by my sharing some tidbits about the UT in the manner I have, I apologize. For anyone that I have inadvertently upset, I invite them to Pomona next week and meet in person... I will buy all of you lunch and we can take a group picture in front of the Uncertain T. I am sure we can get Beau, Dave, and the former owner all in the picture. It would be epic! God bless you all.

16. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

Looking forward to seeing it in pomona

17. rpm56

rpm56

Holy grail huh? Guess I had the wrong definition.

18. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

I'd still like to hear the story of the Barris altercation.

19. fuzzface

fuzzface

20. wvenfield

wvenfield

I was never a big show car fan but I have always liked this car. Hopefully I will be able to get up to Detroit to see it.

21. 05snopro440

05snopro440

Based on the video posted above and what you've said, you must be Phil?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  22. Go to the page using the link below then scroll down to the question titled "What's the Story Behind the Born Bad Drawing by Ed Roth". You will get the entire story from Steve Scott himself.

https://www.stevescottsuncertaint.com/faq.html

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
    chryslerfan55 and SS327 like this.
  23. -Brent-

-Brent-

Don't TicTok the HAMB.

24. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

I'm glad it was found, and happy folks are happy, Its cool and all, just not my taste.

I dub the The Hunchback of Model T's.

d6de0b28f96039cf3aacf84419b3f34c--notre-dame-acting.jpg

25. One of the original Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupes (something like 6 ever made) was missing for years, possibly decades and its story is quite interesting. Apparently Shelby himself had tried to buy it at one point, only to be turned away by the Sears warehouse worker woman who had possession of it. Not only does this particular car have quite the race history attached to it, I believe it to be the very first Cobra Coupe built. It turned up in a storage locker in California after the "owner" committed suicide by setting herself and her cat on fire, under a bridge. The firemen showed up to douse the flames and she allegedly begged them to let her die. This car had been previously owned and street driven (remember, this was actually a race car) by a famous music producer (Phil Spector) who was now in jail for murder of a woman (unrelated to the car). Apparently, a relative of the dead woman (not the murder victim, the woman who committed suicide) was a groundskeeper for Spector and he claimed the car had been given to him by Phil. Once the car resurfaced (and the value was now HUGE), Phil attempted to regain ownership/possession claiming that he still owned the car and had never given it to anyone. This started the lawsuits flying. It finally ended up in the Simeone collection.

THAT car has an exciting and interesting story/history.

Now, on to the Uncertain T ... the reality, as I understand it ... it's simply a well-known, old show car that the original owner/builder sold in the early 80's. The purchaser elected to park it for decades, never modifying it while keeping it out of the public eye. It has been sold once again and will be shown in its present state, then restored. What part of this story is worthy of being "hyped". It IS interesting/neat/cool that the Uncertain T not only survives, it also remains in an unaltered state but, other than the miniscule George Barris connection, I just don't see what the supposed "excitement" is about.

If a person were to "invest" money in the creation of a documentary about a single car, I'd be inclined to suggest they put their money towards the Cobra Coupe but hey, that's just me ...

I do wish you the best of luck but I gotta say, this story and the pics didn't elevate my blood pressure.

26. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Aside from all the the secrecy of its whereabouts, the weird marketing ploys, and who the former owner was and all that BS... I'm just glad the car is now in the hands of Dave Shuten where it deserves to be.

Surfcityrocker, Jimmy B, X38 and 4 others like this.
  27. RodStRace

RodStRace

Hype is not appreciated. Hype is your SO saying "we need to talk". Hype is lording "I know something you don't". Hype is short for hyperbole. def. exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally. It creates strong emotions, so you better be ready for some hate along with the desired anticipation.

This site is about sharing knowledge, not teasing. You mentioned being in real estate, so selling is part of your professional makeup. The thing is, you don't need to 'sell' us. Those of us that dig the car and have followed the story over the years don't need a Coming Soon announcement. While I appreciate your knowledge of the circumstances that you have shared, the added intrigue and slow release of them is annoying. It's the same as used car dealers that copy and paste all the original car advertising, including 'features' that are required by law, and don't tell you about that specific car's history or the asking price.
    Hype is the video embedded above. The title is about this car. I watched 30 seconds, then swiped to see when they talk about the car. I wanted to see it in video, since everything has been still pics so far. It wanders for 2 minutes, showing other stuff before they come to the point. I refuse to watch clickbait. I have a decent attention span, but if they want to show all the other stuff he's got, make a video of that. The title is about the car, show the car!

28. 5window

5window

Don't care for the hype. I was a much bigger fan of the car when I was younger, now, not so much. I figure the hype was all about eventually selling us the often promoted DOCUMENTARY. Might be wrong on that,sorry. I figure if it's shown, then enough pictures will appear here to satisfy me.

29. Chucky

Chucky
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

BE SURE TO DRINK YOUR OVALTINE! :p

30. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Some wise words posted earlier by the originator of this thread. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.