Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Uncertain T has been found!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by -Brent-, Jan 23, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shon Wittenbarger

Shon Wittenbarger
    from Georgia

He didn't want every freaking yayhoo bugging him to see it

Certain T, chryslerfan55 and Dooley like this.
  2. 5window

5window

I guess in hindsight,most of us would have preferred "the UT has come to light and it will appear at AMBR with a documentary to follow". No hype, no drama.

3. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

4. Pass The Torch

Pass The Torch
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

...all this over a car!

5. Deuces

Deuces

I agree with you 100%!!... On another note, what year did this contraption come out??. What was it? 1968?... 7 pages of garbage for an off topic street rod... I say delete it!...

6. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

It came out in 1965. Completely on topic. If you don’t like the car MOVE ON

7. Curt Six

Curt Six

Pretty sure it’s time for George Barris’ ghost to roll in and slap the shit out of every single one of us.

Driver50x, Pat, 40ragtopdown and 10 others like this.
  8. twenty8

twenty8

I've waited long enough. @anthony myrick has had more than enough time, but hasn't shown up. So, here goes....
    I'd drive it !!!

Thor1, Driver50x, clem and 8 others like this.
  9. panhead_pete

panhead_pete

Oh man I wish Dave could hold off on the resto and bring it out to Yokohama this year, would love to see it as is then redone.

Outback, chryslerfan55 and rod1 like this.
  10. 5window

5window

Isn't that why we are here?

Certain T, 49ratfink, SS327 and 5 others like this.
  11. 5window

5window

I read the Kustomrama article and I have to agree with a previous poster questioning how a 17 year old kid could afford ($15,000) and build this car by himself (concept to completion in 4.5 years), including having not one, but two, serious car painters and a well known upholsterer work for him? Plus being a very young man and convincing Monogram to commit to a large scale model run on an unbuilt car? BTW, the mean income of families in 1963 was only $6200 a year. These are the questions I would like to know rather than where it's been stored for the last few decades.

12. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

The 15 thousand includes the garage he needed to built it...interesting

49ratfink, chryslerfan55 and Cooder2 like this.
  13. Cooder2

Cooder2
    from tejas

This tilted cockeyed story of a famous tilted cockeyed Hotrod would be best told by Jay Leno in one of his fabulous videos. Let Jay and his crew investigate and show this treasure, its in need of his HUMOR

14. wvenfield

wvenfield

October 1968. I remember going into K-Mart for my birthday and my uncle bought me a HotWheels Beatnik Bandit. I remember at some point buying a Hot Heap. I recall around that time going to an auto show and seeing a Tall T hotrod. I have no idea why but I just loved that car.

Every once in awhile I would talk the folks into buying me a magazine and I would see this car in it. I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

I care less why the guy kept it hidden. I care less what it sold for. What is the true story behind it's build? I don't really care. I'm simply glad it survived and the memories it evokes of a simpler time for me.

Driver50x, egads, rod1 and 7 others like this.
  15. I am enjoying this thread. I knew of this car, not in this much detail, by any means. Good stuff.

egads, duecesteve and Cooder2 like this.
  16. Shon Wittenbarger

Shon Wittenbarger
    from Georgia

If it's any of your business Columbo, his mother got a loan. There again it's nobody's business where he got the money

Pat, egads, clem and 3 others like this.
  17. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

I could care less about the hype. Not a big fan of show cars but it is good to see that it has survived and will be restored

05snopro440, egads and clem like this.
  18. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

Ive read through most of the threads on this. I really believe Phil was just excited to be in the know and close to something so cool and historic. I can relate to that sentiment. I think being a writer he just implemented some dramatic flair which would be right at home in a magazine but a little odd in this forum. I appreciate the enthusiasm even if it seemed a little like a foreigner misusing a turn of phrase in a language other than their own. Certainly wasnt enough to ruffle my feathers in any way, shape, or form. Recently Scott was asking me what I thought of this custom and that custom. We discussed things he liked, things I liked. As we talked about it I came to realize that while I enjoy custom touches and I greatly appreciate custom cars. I wouldnt likely ever build one. One of the issues I take with customs of the era is how many were built so poorly and didnt hold up. It really reminds me of some of the work I have seen out of that canuckistan fella "Bad Chad" layered metal, bare sheet metal under other layers, no real thought to strength or structure or practical use. All form with very little function and setting these cars up for a horriblly sad and rusty fate. With all of that said there are a few like this one that were built well and have survived and I am in complete awe of the creativity and eye for detail thats some of these folks had back when there were no guidelines, rules or role models to speak of. I am very much looking forward to seeing the Uncertain T as well as the California Kid, Jakes coupe, and Tom Hockers 40 in Pomona in just a week! I will be posting pics as well as uploading video coverage to my youtube channel. This will be my first pilgrimage to the longest running show.

Outback, Pat, egads and 7 others like this.
  19. 5window

5window

upload_2024-1-27_14-26-45.jpeg That's cool. You're right, not really my business.The average house in the US in 1963 was worth about $19,300. I wish I could have convinced my mom to mortgage her whole house so I could try to build a car! She did once bring me a can of gas at 2AM, so maybe I should have tried. Questions remain. but I don't need to have the answers. They're still questions,though. As the man said, have a good night.

20. 05snopro440

05snopro440

That's what we're here for!

oliver westlund likes this.
  21. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

22. oliver westlund

oliver westlund

23. The crumugeons on this site are unbelievable. If Ryan had written about this and hyped it up like it was everyone would be jerking him off over it. Someone else does it and it's like someone shot your dog.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2024
  24. SS327

SS327

Mark, have you ever built one of those Futurian kits? If so how did it come out?

25. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I had my pal Mike Scott build it for me, came out great
    1A8EF655-C7E0-40DA-B636-99572741B6B5.jpeg C3E220A0-D8F1-4253-98FC-A20939CCEBA2.jpeg 7DEA268C-9386-4587-B643-3F98268CA11F.jpeg

Outback, echo ed, Sharpone and 14 others like this.
  26. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

27. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Lol, I have a built one in my display case already, I am going to leave that one unbuilt....

Last edited: Jan 27, 2024
    Sancho, chryslerfan55, SS327 and 3 others like this.
  28. Budget36

Budget36

chryslerfan55 and SS327 like this.
  29. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

that is the Futurian, it is a car that I built 20ish years ago
    futuriandetroi.jpg futuriangilmoremuseum.jpg

Sharpone, Sancho, Mr48chev and 13 others like this.
  30. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

I like that little Druid Princess. :D .
    Marcus...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.