Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Gene Winfield Needs Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Joker, Feb 11, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Just saw a post from Gene Winfield on Instagram that he needs help recovering 4 cars of his. Some guy has the Reactor, Solar Scene and two others. Guy has called cops on Gene about this situation. His post does not explain exactly what happen. If you are a true friend of Gene contact him ASAP.

2. lemondana

lemondana
    from Lincoln NE

I had heard that he had some stuff stolen, something that he was even moving because of it.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

4. back to the top

mad mikey likes this.
  5. I saw that, I feel like something missing. I am confused over why cops would be involved.

seb fontana, Gizzy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

I agree,,,more to the story here. Who's the lady in the video?

hrm2k likes this.
  7. The "thief" called the cops on the owner ... that can't be too common o_O

seb fontana likes this.
  8. 05snopro440

05snopro440

His caretaker. There's a lot of drama surrounding Gene, hard to tell whether she amplifies it or it's all truth.

Either way, I hope Gene can get it sorted out.

Gizzy likes this.
  9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Sounds like the person in question said he would store the four cars for Gene and now is claiming they’re are his.

10. Fordors

Fordors

I think it is another case of someone taking advantage of the elderly. Situations like that are all too common and yes, I know Gene was traveling around the country and hosting seminars but I’m afraid he is starting to slip away and taking help and bad advice from people with an ulterior motive. Of course I feel bad about this but I see no way any of us can help from afar.

MAW, Surfcityrocker, jim snow and 5 others like this.
  11. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If someone could start a fund for him to among other things, get him a good lawyer.

Gene has done so much for us.
    Can someone figure out a way for us to help?

I know it's so easy to say it and not easy to do it. But I think we really need to.

RDR and Stock Racer like this.
  12. Puka

Puka
    from Arkansas

Those are very odd videos. I hope he gets his cars back, surly someone out there can help, if I were closer I would for sure.

Also, it seems that ever since this "Caretaker" has come on the scene, his life has been in turmoil.

13. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I wish my wife were on the HAMB. Not to pump her tires (her ego is big enough), but she is one of the most highly credentialed elder law attorneys in the State of NJ, often lecturing to other lawyers on these nuanced topics. Not that she could help Gene in California. But she could go on for hours about how not having your affairs in order as you age all too often lead to situations like this. It really highlights the importance of having a valid Power of Attorney for a trusted person to handle your affairs.

And it's not just for the elderly. EVERYONE should have a valid POA, medical directive, will, etc. I have had all of them since I was in my mid-20s. It's really not that much money in the grand scheme of things. And it's certainly less expensive than not having one and needing one when its too late, and your family is forced to go through expensive guardianship proceedings.

And if anyone is in NJ, PA or the surrounding area and wants to speak to an exert in this field, please message me privately and I can help connect you.

mikhett, Squablow, Jeff34 and 17 others like this.
  14. Fordors

Fordors

15. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

As others have said above, seems to be one dramatic event after another for the last few years. Most of which are not valid.

Surfcityrocker and Gizzy like this.
  16. Ziggster

Ziggster

My late wife used to be a client manager for the Ontario Attorney General’s office at one point in her career. She managed the finances of hundreds of folks that were declared mentally incompetent by doctor’s to manage their finances. She had clients ranging from millionaires to street people.
    They had investigators that would look into situations of suspected abuse reported by neighbours, friends, relatives, etc. In one particular case I’ll never forget, their office was tipped off by some neighbours of an elderly brother and sister pair living together. When the investigators visited them, they found them emancipated, and living in filth and squaller. Apparently, some “church” people had been taking care of them, but were in fact stealing from them, using their vehicle, etc. They had to be hospitalized due to their condition, but the “church” people ran to the press making up a BS cover story of how the government was “interfering” with folks just helping out their elderly neighbours.
    I could go on and on about the stories she told me, and several times I tagged along with her when she had to visit clients. It is a whole other world that most folks have no idea about until it happens to them. She would always say, when one of her clients passed, folks from all over would come out of the woodwork trying to make a claim on the estate, but had never been seen or heard of prior.
    It can get really ugly, and I hope Gene gets the help he deserves.

17. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You mean about Gene?

18. I feel bad for Gene but agree the drama has been full tilt since this new "caretaker" has entered the scene and put him on social media.

19. Sounds like Michael Leanne is back on her bullshit again, I never heard about Gene having to deal with shitstorm after shitstorm until she popped up. Pretty sure I got blocked by her on other social media channels for calling out very obvious elderly abuse. I hope there is a legal intervention soon before it is too late.

20. I have an Instagram account.
    Here is a link to one of the videos:
    @ https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3MLFl-L-gO/?igsh=czZldHE2M2J1dG1x

This sounds like a civil matter.

I don’t know if he is mentally
    competent to manage his affairs.

I don’t know if he has legal power
    of attorney appointed to manage
    his affairs.

Without knowing if he has legal
    power of attorney - who that power
    of attorney is - what their position
    is on this - everything is speculation
    and gossip.

He had a good long productive
    career - but for me - it seems that
    is in the rear view mirror now.

Jim

Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
    05snopro440 likes this.
  21. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

New Instagram Post by Gene says that he now has some legitimate help to try and resolve this situation. Will post update later. Good to hear.

RDR, mad mikey, seb fontana and 4 others like this.
  22. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So... not "invalid".
    When it happens to you, and you're at the mercy of some a-hole, you won't think it's invalid.

Tow Truck Tom and 05snopro440 like this.
  23. The problem is no one actually knows what is valid because none of this is actually coming from Gene. It's his handler making social media posts and often drama. Even when Gene actually speaks she is in the back ground prompting him. None of this seemed to be going on until she got involved and started posting all his business on social media. She may be the one he needs protection from but no one really knows.

24. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I don't quite get it, with Gene having near "god" status in the custom world you would expect to see a busload of people willing to help, but as was posted during the last fiasco, there must be much more that isn't known about all this.

25. jim snow

jim snow

Nailed it. Snowman ⛄️

26. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

@Rickybop I was referring to all the B. S. drama he has been suffering since his "handler" showed up, most of which is not valid

427 sleeper, Surfcityrocker and Puka like this.
  27. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

Concerning is the best response I can come up with. Not enough credible info. Gene had friends in his vicinity. Hopefully they will step up and find out what is really happening.

silent rick likes this.
  28. Will you please mention the "etc"?

29. MCjim

MCjim
    from soCal

I am all for Gene, but there are a lot of holes in this story, and assumptions being made...better to leave this to the drama queens on Instagram

30. Puka

Puka
    from Arkansas

Does anyone know who this lady is that handles his affairs? How did she get that position?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.