Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Yeah, Its got a Hemi/41 shop truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bandit Billy, Jun 29, 2018.

1. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Excellent outcome! Congratulations! Thanks for taking us all along on the ride ( build) with you. Your builds are always entertaining.educational and FUN!

Bandit Billy likes this.
  2. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Fantastic looking truck Billy! Can't wait to see you enjoying driving it.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  3. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have to agree! He is a local legend for a reason. I was anxious picking it up today, but never nervous

Shhhh. That's the kind of talk that can get me in big trouble around here. I had to give this one to her to get it built. I'm gonna have to get trickier on the next one. I mean, there is no next one!

4. Roothawg

Roothawg

Well done sir.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  5. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Shit that was a quick turn around. Looks classy man

Bandit Billy likes this.
  6. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks root! Feeling better? Any pain meds left?

It was that! I could have just let my truck idling at his shop the entire time. Classy! I like that description.

Desoto291Hemi and Tim like this.
  7. Absolutely fantastic, nailed it!

Bandit Billy likes this.
  8. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mitch hit the bullseye. I have 2 weeks to clean and detail and load it up for the PRS. For once, I am ahead of the game...I probably shouldn't have said that.

9. Wow, BB, that’s the grand finale! Perfecto! The red on the Ford logo is nice! It’s ALL nice!
    Bill

Bandit Billy likes this.
  10. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My wife was reading though the thread last night and she said "I don't get it". I replied "yeah, that's what he was referring to".

11. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks man. We almost went green like the plate color but I we ever moved to another state...say one with less taxes!...then it wouldn't make sense. I like the red and from a distance it just looks like a reflection. Almost done. I still have to affix my Hamb plate topper. Then we can call it.

12. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My wife met me out at Mitch's to help load up the truck and to thank Mitch personally for her pinstripes. While there she took a few pics that I want to post.
    upload_2024-3-1_20-10-16.jpeg
    Mitch and I. The camera always adds 50 pounds so shut up!
    upload_2024-3-1_20-11-17.jpeg
    Don't tell her she takes better pictures. She doesn't...she just doesn't! Shut up! Geez!
    upload_2024-3-1_20-12-32.jpeg
    Alright. First thing tomorrow I need to fix that lens! It is at the max, so I need to hit it with the Dremel metal eater and make the slot bigger.
    upload_2024-3-1_20-13-21.jpeg
    What a happy little truck! Mitch is building a 40 Ford PU for his wife right now as well. Great minds think alike!

I did mention that I think the truck sits a bit low in back. Mitch said it sits too high in front! My tires are buried in the fenders...his wheels are buried in his! Yikes! I would be replacing the chin pan on a constant basis with my wife's parking skills. I am surprised the air bag don't deploy as hard as she hits parking curbs in her Jeep!

13. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And for those that think the rear window needed striping...I am planning one more creation. A chrome rear window surround to match the chrome windshield frame. I asked Mitch not to stripe that window for that reason.
    More on that...later! Thanks Mitch!
    [​IMG]

14. razoo lew

razoo lew
    from Calgary

Just a really, really well done rig, that one.

15. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you! I put a lot of effort in this one. Your compliment means a lot!

16. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

So you have Mitch's extra 50 pounds as well as your own?:rolleyes::p

17. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^Harsh! No love for the bandit.

Great job with the truck! Excited to see it at the PRS!

Bandit Billy likes this.
  18. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Mitchs' Mantra!

Hey Bill, If you have any more aluminum polish, that flip top gas cap looks a little hazy.:rolleyes:
    Other than that it's a black beauty!
    Reminds me of that one hit wonder from Ram Jam.

Desoto291Hemi and Bandit Billy like this.
  19. nor6304

nor6304
    from Indiana

Beautiful truck Great build Thank you for the build thread

Bandit Billy likes this.
  20. joel

joel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congratulations!

Bandit Billy likes this.
  21. [​IMG]
    Fellas, here we have 3 things that totally amaze me.
    #1- Mitch, the Grand Master of lines. Over the years I have seen a lot of his lines. Von Dutch had nothing on him, maybe exposure. Mitch is a true artist in the full concept of the word. I have never seen anything goddy or overdone. His work joining colors and craftsmanship shows his connection to every job he lays his hands on. Several former customers have his lines on their cars. His work is at every Portland Roadster show and I can point out his work before even seeing the poster sign giving him credit.
    #2- B-B and I met a few years back thanks to the H.A.M.B. He had posted something about wanting to build a Truck not referring to any specific one. I was in a big slump and just happened to have a pile of what used to be a Truck so I sent him a P.M. Seemed he lived within Shooting distance of me and wanted to come for a look. I listened to him talk while I sized him up visually and thought "no way". However, he was talking the right language in that he didn't want the S.B.C. that went with the Pile, he was talking Hemi! He was also throwing names around I know then said the Truck was going to be for his Wife and it was going to be Black. I instantly thought he must want a New Wife, so I gave him a number to haul everything related out of here. It left and I figured it would end up on Craigs List in about 6 months. I was wrong and in short order we had become friends and along the way Bill gained my respect on many accounts. His Wife is a real rarity in the support and understanding given. We should all be so fortunate. I decided I'd pitch in when asked and gently gave opinions when it seemed right. Make no mistake B.B. did this job on his own.
    #3- That Black Truck! O.M.G! That is a testament to B.B's vision, his commitment, and his drive. The follow through shows he is not to be underestimated! For a one-man home builder Bill casts a very big shadow on the most of us. This is a bar we should all be reaching for, the very best we can do and then just a little more. Don't get me wrong. I like survivors, I like seeing cars driven while under construction, I despise Rat Rods and Electric Fans, if you're driving in primer there should be a paint job on some level in the near future, Period! This Truck is an example of home hobby build with no exotic tools, just drive, support and follow through. I am very impressed! My brother would just be nodding his head in approval and probably only disappointed that a S.B.C. doesn't live under the Hood. That would only be a Dig at me for supporting the Hemi direction. He never agreed with me on those big heavy as he called them Elefants when a small block would do the job.
    Well done Bill, well done and I lucked out making yet another good Friend with an outstanding wife.
    The Wizzard

22. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

Well done!

Bandit Billy likes this.
  23. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

He nailed that! Love it, food for thought on my sedan.
    Need to go find the bit where you install that gas cap, is that a Jag unit?

Bandit Billy likes this.
  24. Turns

Turns

The whole truck looks great - the pin striping enhances it.
    A great build to follow all round.

Regards Turns

Bandit Billy likes this.
  25. OK it is just a very nice truck very well done by a very good builder with attention to detail that is over the hill. Most of us couldn't do something like this even if we tried our best. Very well done Mr. Bandit Bill.

26. tim troutman

tim troutman

man that truck is sexy . I agree with you could use just a tad more rake

Bandit Billy likes this.
  27. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It was fun. I like sharing my ideas and laughing at my errors. The build wouldn't be the same without my HAMB family in the back yelling "are we there yet"?

That will happen. I'm tired of seeing it only in the garage too.

Ouch! But probably true. It is hard to see but I am down 30 pounds from my Birthday December 6, 2023. Plenty more to lose. Damn cameras, mirrors and smart asses!

Oh, I can feel the love!

I put red locktite on the threads and I can't get it off, LOL. Not a good place to apply excessive heat. I just didn't want some punk stealing it. I may mask off the fender and use my air polisher. That ought to do the trick. It was sitting around here for years on a shelf.

Not a jag cap, I got it online and it came with the weld in bung. I had to add some steel around it as the fender hole was much larger than the bung.

Thank you sir.

loudbang and The 39 guy like this.
  28. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A compliment from a Wizzard is indeed noteworthy. I like being your apprentice, the only way I can improve is by hanging around and having some of your magic rub off on me. The entire time I was building the truck I had your brother on my mind. I hope he likes the finished product. The fact you do though is job satisfaction!

29. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Bill, you know doubt have seen this photo.
    I had two of these flange mount flip top fuel caps in a drawer for years, don't remember where I got them and forgot I even had them, actually, I ended up giving one to a friend.
    I was scratching my head wondering what I was going to use for oil fill on my roadster engine, really didn't want to weld on my new rocker covers.
    Then I had a light bulb moment when I remembered having them..................
    They're going to need a little touch-up polish on them, let me know when you're ready.;)

DSCN1616.JPG

30. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I talked Mrs. BB into getting into bed for a nooner...No, not that good but she did agree to crawl inside the truck bed and help with surgery on the crooked stop light. When I bought the light off our classifieds it came with two lenses. We switched them out, bent the tang a bit and the result is fantastic. This is a much prettier lens. This is off! Lit up it should be hard to miss!
    upload_2024-3-2_19-53-20.jpeg