Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Building a Flathead 32 Roadster In 2024

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krylon32, Aug 25, 2024.

1. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I've been struggling along with this Brookville bodied, FH powered 32 roadster for about 3 years never intending to produce a finished car. My goal all along was to offer up a high quality product ready for the new owner to do the finish Wiring, Paint and Interior. After spending the morning compiling all the receipts, hand written notes about what I spent and other forms of expense records I find I will have to buy a bigger funeral plot cuse they're gonna bury me with this one. Since the beginning in 1970 when I did my first old car and the whole time I was in the chassis business my philosophy was use only the best available parts. Lots of today's builders don't share those thoughts. I think this time that kind of thinking is going to bite me in the butt.

lurker mick and Kiwi 4d like this.
  2. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

North of $70k I'd imagine, not that you asked!

Chris

3. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska

You're close.

4. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Why not go modern? Unless you just want to putt around & no serious driving. I've been there & done that.

5. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska

To Late! This motor will hold it's own on the highway, nothing to ashamed of here.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2024
  6. RockyMtnWay

RockyMtnWay

I feel your pain. I’m doing one now that’s quite similar to my avatar and started adding up costs not too long ago. Holy crap I wish I wouldn’t have.
    Just keep telling myself (and wife) at least I didn’t spend that dough in the pub.

winduptoy likes this.
  7. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ha Gary ,@krylon32 . We are in exactly the same dilemma . We were putting together a 32 roadster cheap with parts we had on hand ,flathead C4 9” etc. we would sell it when it was yard driving and the next person could get it finished and legal . Then my son started his own business building hot rods. So everything would have his name on it. Game changer ,now it’s gotta be fully rebuilt and nice.

winduptoy likes this.
  8. alchemy

alchemy

I know you’ve been here a while, but are you sure you’re in the right place?

9. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Been here for many years now.

10. alchemy

alchemy

Don, I just gotta ask. Why do you hang out at a traditional place but want to advise using modern technology? Wouldn’t you be more happy at LSinmystreetrod.com?